Family Secret

Fallen

Your POV

I hold up the necklace the Hongbin had bought part of a couples set for Hyuk and me… but after this morning I can’t show my face too Hyuk again.

I look at the necklace as I place it around my neck.

There’s a knock at my door and I quickly hide it under my shirt too see my brother wearing a simple grey shirt and dark washed jeans. I get a good look at his tattoo of the Eye of Horus.

6wnAsEm0HVC8PvfwLYBgBdmZVUsY_DHlJRfZLt1e

I look at my hands as the memory of killing him come to mind and I can’t help, but to ask, “Brother, don’t you hate me?”

“Hate you for what?”

“For killing you. It’s because of me you’ve yet to age and are forced to live on even though you are truly dead.”

He rubs the back of his neck as he sits down on my bed by me, “I don’t hate you. Sure at first I was mad. I had died to save your life, but you risked your’s too bring me back too life without knowing if you’d die or not. Still you brought me back and when I opened my eyes in the hospital looking you in your tearful eyes I couldn’t be mad much less hate you.”

I chuckle as I say, “Sister-complex much.”

“Hey, I resent that… Still Sure I’m mad I can’t face the people I knew before the accident since I’m not aging. Sure we live in a country where some people seem not too age at all, but I haven’t in the last 8 years. I’m supposed too be 24, but I still get in fight with bouncers whether my ID is fake or not. Still my baby sister brought me back. I also have awesome gifts… plus cool white angel wings that only my family and a few others can see.”

“Brother… Do you know why we’re different?”

My brother looks away as he looks at my door then back at me again. The look I was giving him must have worked because he sighs getting up too lock my door. While he’s up he grabs the book with the story about the fallen angels and I’m glad that I kept the feather in my bag.

He opens too the page that I know all too well.

“What do we have to do with a fairytale?”

“It’s not a fairytale it’s the truth. This is what our family was descended from.”

“We're descended from fallen angels?”

My brother shakes his head, “No… we are descended from angels that came down and had relations with humans for that they fell then killed the ones that they loved so much to leave heaven for.”

I gasp in horror, “That’s terrible. So what’s so great about us then.”

“Well every few generations the angels and the humans that they love and are fated for are reborn. When that happens they are pulled into a terrible cycle of death and destruction. They hardly live past 24. This life is diffrent since… 1 of the human souls was born with the powers she had in her first life.”
“What?”

“Well… You see you are one of those humans that let themselves be bedded by an angel and impregnated. In your first life you were a powerful priestess that could see the future, heal wounds, and so much more…. Then he killed you.”

I touch my brother’s arm too see a teenage boy looking up at a beautiful woman no older than 24 wearing clothing of what seems to be a shrine maiden.

YBbJRtjw5ydQTvgwAA7ZdXe7c1K-gQVQEBIPG-CfksW5oLDNW95oS6e8iq0JNGuSk43Kj4zLVjNQF5J7

He’s looking at the girl that had looked after him and his baby sister since their parents died. Yet he didn’t look at her as a family member as someone he admired and loved.

Yet he knew of her secret rendezvous with that demon trying to look like a heavenly being.

I pull my hand away from my brother and he looks at me confused, “Sis, are you alright?”

He goes too touch my forehead, but I jump back as I look at him.

‘What the hell was that? Why did I do that?’

My brother eyes tell me he’s worried for me so I quickly laugh everything off, “Sorry. I’ve just been jumpy today.”

He nods his head as he leans forward to place his forehead against mine and I see a clearer image of that priestess’ face her face looks no different from my own except her’s looked a far more tired and worn… Yet in love and happy.

I look at my hands as my brother tells me more of a story that I already know by heart. A story that I’m apparently a part of.

“So what happens if the boys aren’t saved?”

My brother looks at me as he closes the book, “The boys and their… soul mates die horrible deaths something by each other’s hands and other times…”

“I get it you don’t want too tell me.”

He nods hsi head as he walks too my door unlocking it and leaving my room.

I sigh in relief as I get up too lock my door after him.

I lie down on my bed as I look at the necklace that Hongbin bought me and Hyuk…

Could Hyuk… be the fallen angel that I loved in my first life?”

I close my eyes for I can get some rest after such a tiring and ridiculous day.

 

ALl I see is fire that reaches the ceiling. I feel pain as the flames at my body and clothing. I try too yell for help, but nothing comes out of my throat except coughing.

I hear maniacal laughter and chills run down my back.

A thought comes to my mind that isn’t my own… at least I think it isn’t.

‘If our child is safe he can kill me. If 1 day he is saved from this curse this is worth it. If he will alwas love me I have no regrets of what is too happen.’

I feel a hand wrap around my neck and start crushing my windpipe.

I place my hand on the hand that’s holding me and it suddenly lets me go.

 

I go too turn around when I’m woken by my alarm clock.

I look at the time to see that I still have enough time to shower and get dressed before breakfast since for once I don’t want to go back to sleep afraid of what I’ll see.

After I take my shower I find myself facing the mirror to see for the first time what looks like wings behind my back except they aren’t a pure white instead they are black on top and transition into a pure white color.

I turn to the side too see them and I rub my eyes.

When I’m don't rubbing them the wings are gone and I sigh in relief… Maybe I was seeing things.

I smile as I dry myself off humming a simple song before I finish up and dress in my school uniform.

I pull out the makeup that my mother bought me that I have yet to really use. I stand there and stare at it before I grab a few things too quickly put on.

I stand there staring at myself not sure if the 1 in the mirror is really me. I mean I look a bit older than I really am and a bit like the girl I saw….

I stare at myself wondering just who the girl is cause she can’t be me. Still I tilt my head with my hair wavy today and smile.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mfvapythdi1qg6dyso1

When the person in the mirrors my actions perfectly I sigh looking away not wanting too see myself.

I look at my hands and remember pushing Hyuk away yesterday… I need to apologize to him.

I look at the time cursing as I run out of the house after grabbing my bag with my books and phone.

As I reach school I check my phone too see that Leo said I’d have the next few days off…

I message him asking why and of course I don’t get a response from Leo that’s too be expected.

I look around the building when lunch comes I even go too Hyuk’s classroom knowing I have no right too look for him, but I don’t find him anywhere.

I pull out my phone too try too call him, but no one answers me.

So I look through my phone and call Hongbin.

He answers after the 3rd try, “What do you want, Jaida?”

“Nothing I’m just wondering if Hyuk had stayed home today.”

Before he can answer I hear a crash and some male voices shouting and then Hongbin curses, “Yeah, he stayed home cause he can’t face you Jaida.”

Then he hangs up on me.

I stand there staring at my phone not noticing I’m standing under a tree where Hyuk and I always eat or that it started raining.

The only thing I care about is that Hyuk won’t face me.

That Hyuk won’t even answer my calls… all because I practically rejected him yesterday.

I feel tears fall from my eyes and I wipe them away from my eyes as I lean my head against the tree and I slide down it not caring that it’s scratching at my back while it lifts the back of my shirt.

“I hurt him I have no right too be crying, but here I am blubbering like a babe.”

I sigh as I wipe away my tears with my sleeve smudging what makeup I had on.

I sigh as I look up to finally notice the rain.

I wrap my arms around my waist as I run too the closest girls’ bathroom.

Whne I see myself in the mirror I gasp at grotesque I look. I quickly wet a towel and wipe away the makeup. I still go back and place a little of concealer and that on my face or else I leave everything else spotless of makeup.

I feel some pain in my back so I turn around too see that my back is bleeding a bit.

I sigh as I make sure my shirt isn’t see through as I make my way to the nurse’s office.

When I knock before entering I come face to face with a woman that reminds me of a statue with her blank face.

When she asks what I need I tell her I scrapped my back on a  tree while, I admit, crying like a child.

She simply nods her head as she asks me to take off my shirt so she can get a better look.

As she cleans up my back we somewhat bond since she’s been in my place recently when she broke up with her boyfriend after they graduated high school, but she still loves him.

“What was his name?”

“Cha Hak Yeon,” she tells me.

I recall something N said, “I was in a relationship with a  girl I loved until I reached of age… I had to break up with her cause I feared I'd hurt her. She wanted to be a doctor I wonder what she’s doing now.”

I’m surprised, but I tell her that I work at his brother’s cafe and she chuckles, “Wow they're still together even after all these years….. Can you do something for me?”

“Sure,” I tell her.

“Well can you give Hakyeon a letter for me?”

“Sure… but why can’t you give it to him yourself?”

She looks down, “I’m ashamed of myself. You know I’m a year older than him and when I graduated we tried to make our relationship work then 1 day he stopped talking to me and I wonder if it’s all my fault.”

I sigh as I nod my head, “Sure, I’ll try but I have a few days off from work.”

She gives me a bright smile as she pulls out a thick looking envelope and hands it too me, “Here. Please don’t tell him that it was from me.”

I sigh as I nod my head, “I”ll do that.”

As school ends I leave the nurse’s office with a new shirt thank all might heavens and call Hakyeon.

When he answers I can tell he’s out of breath and in the background like when I was talking too Hongbin ealier is crashing and male voices shouting at each other.

“What do you need Jaida?”

“Ahhh…. Someone you knew from high school gave me something to give to you. So I was wondering if you were at the cafe.”

“No… We closed it for the day. Look we’ll see you at graduation in a few days after that we’ll see you at work.”

He hangs up on me and I know something is truly wrong.

I run into the office and calmly ask for Hyuk’s address since I’m his friend and don’t want him to fall behind.

The office lady liking me and all gives me his address and school work.

Hyuk, I’ll be right there.