In the Rain

Fallen

Hyuk’s POV

I’ve been living as a human for a few years now and I live with a small group of guys like me, but I’m the youngest so they expect the worse of me. They expect me to act human and not show anyone my dark side.

I thought that would be easy until I met her.

It was a clear sunny day, but it seemed that my peace that I gained was lost when it started to storm. Still I was safe under the large tree on a hill so I didn't bother with it. Until I sensed someone running over to me. I look up to see a girl in a pure white sun dress heaving as she sat in the shelter from the rain.

6VqW9TQxf5yi6H6AcComF3_SiMj68Ndz7KjJbBKO

“So much for nice weather all day. At least my dress isn’t soaked through.”

I clear my throat causing her to jump up as she sees me , “Oh I didn't see you there.”

She moves too try to cover herself but like she said she didn't get soaked through or anything.

Her face isn’t something that I’d trip over, but there’s something else about her that makes me want to... I’m not entirely sure.

She notices my black vest over my shirt, “Would you mind if I borrow that?”

I look down at it and shake my head peeling it off my shoulders and handing it to her.

She pulls it on and smiles at me, “Thank you. I’m Yang Jaida and you are?”

“Oh I’m Hyuck,” I tell wondering how she’s not afraid of me like other humans.

She smiles at me, “Hyuck-ah, do you spend a lot of time here?”

I nod my head, “Yes, it’s my safe haven somewhere I can let go of my thoughts and be at peace with myself.”

She giggles at me as she looks me in the eye, “That sounds nice.”

She pulls at her dress and a notice how she seems more worried about her appearance than anything.

“Are you alright?”

She nods her head, “I’m just worried that parts of my dress are see through.”

I chuckle, “Not that I can notice.”

She smiles, “Would it be weird,” she starts buttoning the vest so it covers where her bra would show, “if I asked if you could play in the rain with me?”

“Maybe a little, but I would love to play in the rain. Quick question,” she motions for me too ask away, “why aren’t you scared of me?”

“Am I supposed to be? I find you to be a good looking stranger who looks sad. So I thought well since it’s raining I might as well brighten both of our days.”

I chuckle at how she is, “Alright let’s play tag and I’m it.”

She nods her head, “I get a 30 second head start.”

I nod my head and start counting and when I turn around I don't see her anywhere.

“Hey, we’re not playing hide and seek,” I shout.

“But we are playing tag and to chase me you have to find me.”

I chuckle at her silliness and decide that I will play along.

When I find her, she turns around in time to see me, and runs off. I race through ponds and we are heading up the hill back to where we met when I catch her by the waist.

She screams in fake fear and I hear a hint of laughter in it as she fights to get out of my arms.

Soon she shouts, “Alright you win,” I let her go and she sticks her tongue out, “Not!”

I chuckle as I chase her around the tree.

Soon I catch her by the waist again, but I don’t let go. With the sudden stop we end up tumbling down the hill.

I’m on top of Jaida and we’re staring into each other’s eyes.

Most of the time when I’m at a time like this I want nothing but to tear the person’s throat out, but with her I want to hold her close and kiss her until I run out of breath.

She giggles as she kisses my nose, “You caught me. Now what are you going to do?”

I smile at her as I stand up and help her stand up, “I will lead my prey back to her home to make sure she gets back safe and hope that I will see her again.”

What the heck is wrong with me? I’m not trying to kill her and I’m joking with her. I barely do this with hyung’s anymore. We’re in too much pain that we can barely stand the happiness it can bring.

She smiles at me and sighs when she sees her dress, “My mother is going to kill me.”

I chuckle when I look down to see her dress is covered in mud from what I can see no tears were made.

“Don’t worry about it,” I tell her softly trying not to use my gift against her.

She nods her head and rests it on my shoulder as we walk and I take her hand in mine.

We playfully push each other as we walk to her home and soon we reach a drabby apartment complex that makes me worry about her.

“This is where you live?”

She nods her head, “Yes, I live here with my 2 brothers, 3 sisters, and both of my parents. I know it sounds big but I’m their only blood daughter.”

“That must be hard?”

She shakes her head, “Not at all. We look after each other. Sure I work how many hours a week plus going to school, but if it’s to help my family then I’m willing to do it.”

I admire what she said and I know what she had told me is the truth from well me being me.

“Jaida-ah, if I may ask can you help me around town. I just moved here and I noticed that I’m in need of some help.”

“If you want I can help you. I know my way around the whole city through my milk and paper routes.”

“That would be perfect I will pay you,” I tell her.

“There’s really no need to do that.”

“No, I really want to. I mean how should I say it. I think we both can help each other.”

“Umm…... If you really want to then I guess I can do that.”

I nod my head and hand her some money, “Here for you can get your dress dry cleaned and fixed.”

She takes the money like it’s fragile and smiles at me. She leans up and kisses my cheek a complete stranger.

“Thank you.”

I sense someone watching us, “Jaida, you should head inside.”

She nods her head again and smiles at me as she walks inside her home and the person I sensed that was like me is gone.

Still I look around the complex too make sure that it is.

When I’m sure I find myself at the front step looking up at the building before I turn and leave.