Shopping with Hongbin… Rejection… and Presents

Fallen

Your POV

My shift ended and when I go to grab my bag to head home Hongbin asks me if I’ll go shopping with him that he needs help picking out a present for someone.

“Ummmm… Sure I guess I have no problem with that. I don’t have anymore studying tonight.”

“Good,” he hooks his arm with my own and I notice the look Hyuk gives him.

“What exactly are you planning?”

He gives me a look as he gets  a small cocky smile, “Oh nothing.”

I give him a look as I pout, “Liar.”

“What makes you say that?”

I shrug not entirely sure how I know he’s lying but he is, and I tell him just that.

He starts laughing, “You really are a special girl with pure white wings hidden behind you huh.”

I look away as I mumble, “Don’t use my name against me.”

He looks at me confused and for once I I know he’s being truthful, “Your name… What does it mean?”

Hongbin’s POV

This girl I can see huge white wings shinging in the light giving up care and happiness to everyone.

She really is a angel sent by god.

When I speak my thoughts I’m surprised she mentions her name.

I’m confused… What does her name mean?

I put my hand too my jaw as I walk behind her since she simply scuffed and walked away.

I notice her wings are now folded away and seemed to have grown a darker shade.

“Jaida… what’s wrong?”

She looks back at me as she says, “It’s just that I hope that I don’t mess this up… I don’t want to be alone again.”

I look at her confused from what I know she has a pretty big family so how can she be alone.

“Why do you say that?”

“My family is large, but I am an outcast. I am something that they believe should be locked up too never see the world.”

“Why do you say that?”

“For I was never allowed out of the house until my parents started to run low on money and decided that maybe letting me see the world will help them save money. That’s what my parents told me.”

“Do you believe them?”

I look in the corner of my eye too see Hyuk and I chuckle inwardly about how childish and possessive he’s already being.

She seems too catch the shuckle confused still she answers my question like she heard nothing, “No. I could never believe them… they have lied too many times too me in my life for me too believe them.”

“What have they lied about?” I lead her to a bench where Hyuk could easily hide behind too hear the conversation.

She seems too quietly sit down for a little bit before she says, “I can’t say… It’s a secret.”

“What do you mean… a secret?”

“It’s just that a secret leave it at that… Outsiders don’t need too know,” the tone of her voice changes from her quiet innocent self to something more dangerous. If not for my dark side I probably would have jumped away from her.

Your POV

Why did I do that? Why did I say it like that… but I’m right outsiders like Hongbin, hyuk, and everyone I meet that’s not my direct family has no right too know our secret.

I look down at my hands and remember the day that I found out that my family was a little different.

It was a normal day like any other my brother and I were fighting by the road. I wanted to leave the house and managed to get outside, but he followed me and tried too drag me away.

As we were fighting a car came right for us… my brother pushed me out of the way and was hit by the car.

I knew he was dying, I was a shut in but not an idiot, I wanted to save him but I had no clue on how too.

A voice ringed in my head asking me if I wanted the power to save the ones that I love.

I said straight out, “If it’s too save them then yes… grant me the power to save my loved ones and others.”

A black and white feather came floating down without thinking I took it in my hand accepting it.

Odd images of a boy that looked a lot like Hyuk flashed through my mind and I came to a lose.

Now thinking of it it was almost like a foretelling of what’s to come for me.

I put a hand on my neck where a feeling of being choked comes to mind.

I look up too see Hongbin looking at me worried, “Jaida… what’s wrong with your neck?”

“What do you mean?”

“It’s red… like someone choked you.”

I pull out my phone turning on the camera too see it looks just like it did when I pictured it down too the last detail that I saw 8 years ago...

In 1 of the images it showed me looking in what I know now is my phone too see a bruise forming on my neck.

I guess the say that I’ll die is coming far sooner than I thought it would.

Again an image of Hyuk with black covering his eyes and a bit of his nose, his face is pale almost white, and his lips are a sickly color.

I put my hand too my head as I try too push the thoughts away from me.

I feel hands on my shoulders and I sense something from them and I quickly push them away from me as I jump back.

The person I pushed away was Hyuk who looks worried about me. I try to push the image of him away from me, but ti doesn’t work it’s still holding fear in my mind and heart.

I laugh trying to push away the feeling of fear and guilt, “Haha… sorry about that Hyuk… Anyways what are you doing here?”

I hear a small voice whispered that I shouldn’t trust him, but another part wants to be in his arms.

I push the thoughts of love and pain from being away from him away…

I walk away from Hyuk and I know that he’s purely confused just like I am.

I hear a voice shout in my head, “Go back to him.”

I put a hand too my head feeling a wave of dizzy hit me.

I feel someoen grab me and when I look up too see Hyuk I see that face choking me and he was enjoying it.

I start crying as I push him away and scream.

I look at him too see he’s hurt and in my mind something again is whispering for me too sooth him, before it’s to late.

Almost like I see the Hyuk that keeps appearing in my mind wrap his arms around the 1 that I’ve grown to know.

Before anything else either more damage or something helpful can happen Hyuk runs off not even looking at me once.

I look at my hands too see that I had pulled out the feather not even realizing that I had it in my hands much less on me. I look it over too see that it’s turning a darker grey almost black like it was when I found it.

I look over at Hongbin as I ask, “What just happened?”

“Why did you do that?”

I try too laugh it off, “Do what?”

“Reject his very presence like that?”

I feel tears in my eyes as I say, “I don’t know. I’m scared there’s something wrong with him… and there’s something really wrong with me.”

Hongbin sighs as he pulls me along with him and I’m pulled into a jewelry store.

I look around too see beautiful works of art that I’d never be able to afford on my salary much less if I saved up.

“Hongbin… why are we here?”

“I’m looking for a present for Hyuk…”

“What about him?”

“Well every year we celebrate a few things… birthdays… a few holidays… and the anniversary of us being abandoned.”

“What?”

Hongbin smirks as he says, “I guess he didn’t tell you, but we were all abandoned by our families and put together at an institute. N was the oldest so he seemed too try to take the role of caregiver, but really it was Leo who seemed too take care of all of us.”

“So what it’s like a second birthday?”

“Yeah… We all get each other something, but this year it’s just Hyuk that’s getting a present since we stopped when we reach comng of age…”

“Hyuk’s birthday will be a few months from now and he will be an adult then next year it’s just a date that we might not see each other during.”

“I don’t believe that,” I shout.

Hongbin chuckles as he nods his head and looks around the store…

Hongbin’s POV

I feel like I'm lying to Jaida, but the sad thing is I’m not. I’m not lying to her. I’m just hoping that she’ll be able to give him this present before Hyuk loses too the darkness and she wouldn’t be able to go near him.

Please save Hyuk before his birthday and maybe you can save us all.

I spot a beautiful couple’s necklace of demon wings and angel wings wrapped around too make hearts.

JT8GzQrcz_XG6bofPxrIISmGAjxUhMcH0CYRsZ3r

I smile as I point to them and the kind lady nods her head as she pulls it out of the case and I call Jaida over.

“Jaida, what do you think of this present?”

“Why give him couple necklaces?”

“Well… I know the 2 of you like each other like that so I’m hoping you’ll take 1 and he’ll take the other.”

“Then how would it be a present for him.”

“It’ll help get the 2 of you together.”

I watch as she chuckles as she looks in the case then the necklaces as she shakes her head then reach out too touch the necklaces too see the jems light up.

The shop owner gasps as she looks at me.

I smile as I nod my head, “I’ll take these.”

She nods her head as she pulls out 2 separate necklace boxes too place each necklace in a box.

I watch as Jaida scuffs and walks away though I can tell she’s really happy.

II point too another set of necklaces like them, “Can you put pendants like them on the chain as well?”

C5oOEycG288RxrxCUdBiH1lSvn6hLfaP6HADsQYY

She looks at them and smiles, “Do you want the devil 1 too go on the angel chain and vice versa?”

“Yes,” the shop owner smiles as she nods her head, “I can do that.”

She adds the pendants and hands me the boxes, “I hope they enjoy the present.”

“If it helps her save him before his birthday than I don’t care. We need her too accept his dark and light side or else we are all doomed in this life as well.”

The shop owner nods her head as she waves me goodbye after I pay for the necklaces.