╠pt. 6╣

Different (Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual and took out the set of school navy grey hooded tracksuit from mine and Sunny's wardrobe. Exactly, today we were obliged to wear this warm outdoor clothing.

 

I wore them over my inner shirt immediately after I took a nice shower. I usually wear natural makeup and let my hair down. Okay, I'm done! I stood up straight and took my stuff before walking over to Sunny's side of the bed.

                                     

I shook my head in disbelief looking at her who was still sleeping peacefully. Still, I pity her. Sunny must be extra tired because of yesterday extra activities. I carefully shook her body, trying to wake her up.

 

"Sunkyu.. Lee Sunkyu, wake up." She moved a bit in her sleep, covering her head with her pillow and just mumbled, "..Hmmn...yeon-ah, gurl can't you..wait? Give me some more minutes.. ZZZZZzzz"

 

I rolled my eyes, "Hurry and get up already. I'll wait for you downstairs. A reminder, we are expected to not be late today by the sunbaes or do you want to be punished again??" I said as I took the pillow that covered her head, and I almost cringed at the sight of her pillow face. There was a slight bruise on one of her cheekbones, I remembered she said she had a small incident yesterday that ended up like this.

 

She groaned, lazily opened her eyes, yawning, "*Hooaaammm* A-ack! Oh my back and.. waist. I felt that they crushed completely.." She whined, massaging her back. I just looked at her stoically although I could feel her pain, "Fine. Fine. Lemme go get ready now." Sunkyu continued irritatingly before she jumped out of her bed and rushed toward the bathroom.

 

I got out of our shared bedroom, walking downstairs to prepare the breakfast. Sighing, I wonder if our parents had returned to Seoul or not? There's really no any news that came out of uri eomma or appa. 

                   

As soon as I arrived at the dining room I was surprised to see mother walked out of the kitchen, a plate on each of her hands, "Oh! Hyo baby~ you awake? Good morning! Eomma just getting ready to wake you and Sunkyu up. Come and have a seat, my dear." Eomma greeted me. Smiling widely, I scurried over to her and kissed her cheek.

 

"Um eomma..? Forgive me for asking but, when did you arrive? And where's appa? Is he still busy working overseas?"

 

Eomma smiled softly giving to me a plate with a chocolate toast on it, "Well, I arrived last night after you fell asleep, baby. I'm sorry if I didn't tell you both earlier because I really was in a hurry. And yeah, you're right. Your appa is still in Canada, there are still much work to be done." I nodded taking a seat at one of these chairs. I heard mom sighed heavily, "I actually still have to help your father's works but, I just can't help to worry about my beautiful twin daughters here then, I took a moment to go back to Seoul." Eomma sat right next to me. She hugged me so tight, leaving a kiss on my forehead. I hugged her back as tight.

 

"I'm so glad that you safely came back home, eomma. Jeongmal neomu bogosipeosseoyo~~"

 

"Nado nado, baby~~~ Hey, let's eat your breakfast before it gets cold, okay. Ooh, right! Where's my other half, uri baby Kyu? Is she still asleep at this hour?" Mother chuckled as she released her embrace.

 

"Yup! Well, Sun-"

 

"Hyo, with whom are you talking to-- Omo. Eomma?" Sunny asked from upstairs cutting me off. I looked up at her, an astonished expression on her face. Gee, is she okay? This sister of mine really didn't look all that well, even though her bruise had been successfully concealed by makeup. Sunny wore her hair in a ponytail today leaving strands of hair on the sides of her face, but I felt like she was lifeless. God. She looks appalling.

                                                      

Eomma turned to her, now on her feet she gave her a lovely smile, "Oh honey, how are you? Come join us."

 

Sunny was silent for a moment before walking down the stairs and joining me and mother, "Don't worry, eomma, I'm fine. Just a bit tired from yesterday. So, when did you arrive eomma? Does appa come home with you?"

 

"Aigo, I see. Both of you must have tried your best during yesterday's activities on your first day as college student. Oh, I just arrived last night honey and no, I'm sorry he can't but he wished he could coming home as soon as possible. So then, where's my hugs?" Mother stretched out her arms to her and Sunkyu quickly ran into mom's warm embrace. I also joined the two of them in this precious moment. We laughed together.

 

"Eomma, nan jeongmal dangsin eul bogosipeosseoyo. Will you stay here for some time with us?" Suddenly, Sunkyu asked.

 

Eomma looked at both of us sadly after she released the hug, "I miss you two so much, but I'm so sorry babies. I can't promise you that when there are still so much work to be done overseas. So, it will be anytime soon I have to go back to Canada to help your appa." Sunny and I pouted as soon as we heard about it but eomma smiled  our cheeks lovingly, "Nah, don't worry my dearest because as far as any distance and time that separate us I'll be trying my best to always be by your side. We're inseparable at hearts. So please, don't pouting like that. Come on.. Keep your smile for me, my loveliest babies~!"

 

The corners of my mouth and my sister's turned up, slowly a smile shown on our faces. Eomma smiling beautifully, encouragingly as she carried on, "Okay now, let's hurry and eat your breakfast. Don't be late, you only have about 30 minutes left." 

                                             

Sunny and I exclaimed in unison, "We got it, ma'am. Gamsahabnida!" 

 

We all ate in silence until a moment later eomma suddenly spoke, "Hyo dear, thank you so much for taking over one of my duties to cook and take care of the kitchen's affairs as long as I wasn't here."

 

I stopped eating for a second and looked at her with a sincere smile. "Eomma, it's okay, there's no need to thank me. The house chores aren't troubling me at all. I can manage both my personal time and the house just fine. No worries." Yeah, I'm practically skilled at household chores by now. As long as our mother wasn't at home, I was the one who always took care of the kitchen's affairs and stuff. Actually, sometimes Sunny came to help me in the kitchen but not for cooking, and never ask her to do so unless you were willing to bear the risks. I had a laugh about it at times, the idea of her cooking a meal, just because we know, Sunny and the kitchen are not a perfect match.  

 

Eomma smiled back warmly, "Yeah.. but, I still want to thank you and Sunny. You have been working together to maintain and care for our home. Thank you, girls. Very well, then. Go on finish your meals. Shin ahjussi has been waiting for you outside."

 

Both Sunny and I nodded in reply, we went back to finish our breakfast before saying goodbyes to eomma and taking our stuff. We immediately set off as soon as possible to the college.

 

End Hyoyeon POV

 

So Min POV

 

Jia and I had just arrived in the campus a few minutes ago. As usual, I would go with her wherever and whenever it was as long as my parents still didn't trust me to drive by myself. Haisshh. I don't get them sometimes, and it's frustrated me!

                                                               

"Let's go, So Min." Jia asked me and I said yes as I walked beside her away from the car park.

 

We just kept quiet when walking together. It was boring. So finally, I turned my head to look at Jia who looked far deep in thought and I intent to get to the bottom of that, breaking the ice a bit.

 

"Hey, Jia.. Why so serious. Something's going on? You know you could have seek me for help, always. We took an oath that we'd do anything for a friend, right."

 

She sighed heavily and glanced at me, "Well actually, I'm just thinking about the mysterious sunbae I accidentally met yesterday but, unfortunately he didn't notice me yet."

 

I widened my eyes, surprised, "You.. met a mysterious sunbae? How does he look like?! Fanciable? But-wait, why wouldn't he notice you?"

 

Gosh, she really was -almost- lucky!

 

"I think so but, I couldn't see his face from a little distance away as he turned his back to me at that time, and he was involved in a confrontation with this one freshman."

 

"Oh, that was close! So, who's this freshman that you're talking about anyway?" I sure am interested in this topic.

 

"She is... one of the twinnies: Lee Sunkyu, you remember?"

 

I gasped, "Lee Sunkyu? Uhm Yea! I do. Then, how come she involved in the confrontation with that mysterious sunbae?" I asked Jia more confusedly. She shook her head, "I don't know how come it happened but, if I'm not mistakenly heard that the girl seemed to have damaged his mobile phone. Ha! What a careless girl." She smirked.

 

I grinned in response, "It seems that one of those twins really is a careless one. Pathetic, tch. But, that's good. At least, she's the one experienced it, and not us. Better we don't need to interfere. Oh well Jia, forget it and let her alone bear the consequences of her stupid act." I said, patting her shoulder suggestedly.

 

"I know. But still, that Sunkyu, I feel envious of her because she could see clearly that sunbae's face up-close! She most probably got to know his name. You know, I could die of curiosity. I hope I was in her place. So that he will remember me, and maybe I can be closer to him and to know him further, one day."

 

"Jia, you don't need to worry because I'm sure you can meet him face to face." I chuckled, "Anyway, he's attending the same university as us, right. No way you possibly can missed him walking around. It's not the end, Jia. I will help you to get in touch with him even through that sloppy girl or her sister, if that's what it takes to quench your thirst of him. What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter