╠pt. 5╣

Different (Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny POV

 

Kahi-sunbaenim can't be serious. I stared ahead of the whole place in shock and a slight dread. Don't tell me I have to clean this.. VERY, spacious room!? Seriously, I don't think this gym room need to be cleaned. I mean, what should I do? There was no single dirt in the place, I believe! Oh, jinjja.

 

I let out a sigh. Be patient a little while longer, Lee Sunkyu. You're a hard worker. It's like an everyday challenge.

 

"Take these tools and clean every corner in this room until it's completely clean, Lee Sunkyu. You don't get to go home before you finished this punishment. And YOU! Lee Hyoyeon, I want you to help me to monitor your sister work. So, don't try any tricks to help her cause I'm watching you. Arraseo?" Kahi sunbae warned Hyoyeon and I after she handed me a set of cleaning tools. Although annoyed but with a heavy heart I still accept this additional assignment. Too tired to argue. 

 

"Ara, sunbae." Hyo replied, and I reluctantly agreed.

 

"We'll get going. Work diligently, young one. Kajja, Yonghwa-ssi." Kahi sunbae said. Then, she walked away from the gym room. The other sunbaenim started to follow suit.

 

"If so, I'll see both of you tomorrow then. Make sure you two don't come home late, ne? Well.. farewell, Sunkyu-ssi and Hyoyeon-ssi." We nodded. Yonghwa sunbae smiled slightly and we bowed to him in respect before he followed Kahi sunbae. Hyo and I could only watch them until they've vanished from sight.

 

"Now that she's gone, we're free to break the rules! Do you need my help, Sun? Forget Kahi sunbae for a while. I can tell, her previous warning was just a bluff." Hyo replied casually, grinning at me. I just stood back looking at her expressionlessly and exhaled deeply. 

 

"Hyoyeon-ah, seriously. It's my punishment. I'll finish this by myself. You, just sit and watch me from one of the benches over there." I said while pointing to one of the benches that weren't too far away from us with my chin. Hyo amazed me now. What did she think? After such a long time debating me and whatnot, she sighed and nodded at my words.

 

"Fine, but tell me if you need anything, ne? I'll be there for you in a jiffy. OK. Hand me your stuff this instant." I nodded, tugged off my name tag then gave it to her with my bag. I shooed her then telling her to immediately do her job, which was to watch me and she did reluctantly. Oh well, it's time to work. I sighed before rolling up the sleeves of my shirt that I wore from the beginning. Tch tch. I was completely being a maid servant today.

 

"Sunny, hwaiting!" Hyoyeon gave me encouragement, I smiled at her with one hand clenched in high spirits. First things first, I took an existing bucket before filling it with clean water, and carefully poured some measure of floor fragrances liquid into it. Then, dip the mop into the bucket and squeeze. Let the work begin. So far, I mopped the floor halfway down the arena and cleaned out two cupboards. While working, I glanced over my shoulder to check on Hyo every once in a while. I see, She's probably in her own world with her phone. At least, she's having a good time. 

 

About one and a half hours later, I'm taking a breather. Slowly and carefully I stood up straight while wiping the sweat from my forehead. Surely my back and also waist have started to crushed, aigoo. I feel like I'm going to pass out, it's impossible for me to clean this large room alone. I took another glance at Hyoyeon. Hm? She already fell asleep waiting for me. Poor her. I know she's really tired. She should have heard my words from earlier, asking her to go home and not have to wait for me. 

 

"Hyo-yah, mianhaeyo. I'll get the job done quickly so we can rest comfortably at home." I muttered before completing the rest of my assignment.

 

End Sunny POV

 

Luhan POV

 

ZHANG YI XING, damn you! He just can't in' stop laughing over misfortune that occured to me today. Really! What a best of friend. Yeah, I had to tell everything to him the seconds our class ended since I'm fed up of his nagging. And here was the result, he laughed his *ss off all the way to the basketball team locker room. I didn't even find my story funny at all. Even now as we are to change into the training clothes, he could hardly keep down a chortle once he caught me checking out the nasty bump on my forehead. He could clearly see the bruise since his locker this close to the right of mine. Good, this stupid bump just made my day. I huffed fixing my hair just right and I'm done getting ready. I'll treat the injury later at home. 

 

I sighed, "Now, Zhang Yixing! I'm getting sick of you. Put a stop to that annoying laughter, will you??" I turned to him with a poker face on which only made him laugh harder. He didn't answer me, just continued laughing at my face. Aish. I'm getting frustrated by the seconds if that punk don't calm himself down. Surely Lay won't ruin my reputation but I can't let my guard down, not in my current situation. I will not let any soul know what costs me this mistreatment. Good thing, nobody else here except we both. But before anything, I glared daggers at Lay as soon as possible, finally he tried calming himself down bit by bit.

 

"Hahahha-ha- o-k ahem, well ok, I'm sorry. It's just that I can't imagine your face at that crucial moment. Pfft. Moreover, you're in trouble with one of your own hoobaes. What's her name again? Ah yeah, Lee Sunkyu. Hey! Come to think of it.. Luhan, wasn't it a coincidence? Ohh I've read this scenario somewhere, you know. They say when God has chosen and destined a guy and a woman to collide at such an unexpected moment, they'd grow more attached to each other and perhaps destine for a more pleasant life." Lay smirked and I smacked his head quiet hard the moment I heard the last words of his sentences. This best pal of mine groaned in pain, rubbing his sore head, sure he realized his mistake did he not.

 

"You're spouting bull there, Yixing. Please, do not ever bring this topic ever again in front of me once I remind you. Listen up, until forever ends, there's no way in hell, this particular girl and I would ever. destined. to each. other. I would never! go that low for one girl ever again. I've been at that level once, you were there Lay, and look how it destroyed my life in the past. You can't expect me to turn back now. This is the time. I'll make the world remember that; I won't surrender, that I'm still breathing and doing fine without getting attached to a woman."

 

Lay firmly held my gaze, "Luhan, I respect your decision, but be careful of your words. The boundary of hate and love is the line in between. You might not like this Sunkyu girl, but who knows. Someday you may eat your own words, and you'll be surprised at your switch to chase her love. If it really happens in reality then don't come to whine at me because you can't claim her yours when she's already out of your reach." I just snorted indignantly.

 

"Huh, really? Oh com'on.. I can get any girl that I want but not her -not that damned girl- because.. she's truly not my type. Now that I think about it, following the incident instead of becoming my lover that Sunkyu better suit to be my rival. She's a player with a sharp tongue and quick wit ready to strike me. So yeah, we're right now officially a serious rival to each other." I smiled smugly, while Lay rolled his eyes might be thinking that I've gone insane. He gave up and went through his bag for something.

 

Obviously. I'm very confident of myself and I'll prove my words to everyone. I remember to check the time first on my wrist watch. Well, we're still early for training. I took the watch off and shoved it in my backpack. Surething, I don't want another set of my possession get destroyed by another irresponsible people. Lastly, I checked my appearance one more time through a small mirror that was originally attached to the inside of my locker door. Once I was satisfied enough I took up a basketball and locked my locker back. Lay already done changing his clothes came to me ready with a mobile phone on one of his hands, requesting a group selca or something. I chuckled, accepting his request. Just in time, some other members of our team came in the room gonna change for practice. So, we called one of the juniors. The youngster dutifully obeyed our instructions, he picked up Yixing's phone, focusing the camera to both me and my best buddy. The minute we prepared and all the instant he took a photo of us. Yixing thanked the boy as he excused himself immediately after handing over Lay's phone. I examined this single snapshot of two young men (still displayed on his phone); with me placing an arm on Lay's shoulder, our thumbs up, a grin plastered on our faces, and eyes both twinkled with amusement. I smiled a broad smile, adoring the pic. It's p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter