Mixed Feelings

Happiness Still Exists

A passionate melody arose in my surroundings. Abnormally, it is Minho's ringtone. My head spun in his direction. He answered almost instantaneously. An extremely sharp voice began squeaking as soon as Minho answered. My body tensed up. The voice must belong to a girl. I hate her whomever she is. Minho is mine. No. I didn't just think that. I couldn't have. Minho cannot possibly only be of my possession. Even if I want him to be. His voice had few chances to give its say, but when he did speak the voice that he owned showed his one of many emotions at the moment, anguish. I want to comfort him, to caress his cheek letting him know that whatever is happening, however bad things may be, everything will be fine. I would be lying to him if I dare tell him that.

"Alright. Thanks for informing me. Bye." His final words to the girl, needless to say, spoke the language of distress.

The corners of his mouth formed a frown. He and I had nothing more to add, although I desired to be aware of what the two were recently discussing. A new label would materialize if I questioned it. Nosy.

"Taemin." I gulped and looked up at my once happy-go-lucky "friend". His tone was firm. He showed no friendliness and his mouth creased into a straight line.

"Yes?" I finally managed to respond. I was bewildered about the fact that I had enough strength in me to make my voice seem somewhat serene.

Minho's arms straddled around me. He buried his head in my chest. A cry broke from his mouth and tears dripped out from his eyes. I gave him a light pat on his head. He needs a bit of reassurance.

"Are we still in lunch?" Minho's sudden question shocked me. This has been the longest lunch in the history of the world. . . maybe universe.

"Yep. We're still in lunch. It looks as if time is moving quite sluggishly today."

"Sadness flies away on the wings of time."

"I like that, Minho. Is that a quote you created?"

"No. I've heard it before, but when you said, 'It looks as if time is moving quite sluggishly today,' the quote emerged into my train of thoughts."

"Oh." Minho's genuine grin came into play once again. I'm relieved.

Minho, I'm glad that we've met. I hope you will open your eyes soon and see that we can become much more than friends, but until then I will be patient and await for the right moment.

 

Note in Taemin's "Journal":

Today, I've learned what love is and how the world works when you're in love with someone. Just yesterday, I was alone. This school year will be the best school year I've ever experienced. Whenever I'm with him, my heart skips a beat. I'm overwhelmed with happiness when I look at him and he's happy. If I ever show you this one day, Minho, I want you to know that I love you. More than anything in this world. I'm not afraid to express my feelings any longer.