Audition

My Beautiful Hangover

   "Kamsa hamnida, ahjusshi!" I slammed the taxi door close, and glance at my watch. My mouth opened with a big 'O' when I realised it was a quarter to three, and I was definitely five minutes late for the audition interview that will determine my career future forever.

 Loomed in front of me was a grey complex, with state-of-the-art architectural design. I rummaged through my bag for the piece of important form and a green file listing my qualifications. The huge sign of 'YG' multi-label company was hung at the vestibule, and immediately saw a pool of girls seated at the alfresco seats, some cross-legged on the floor, but some who were well-dressed inside seated at the leather sofas, and my eyes riveted to a sign that says 'AUDITION'. I nervously approached the receptionist.

  "Excuse me, but, i need to meet a director called Mr.Hong..."

  "Oh, you're here for assistant manager's audition? Please wait at the visitor's hall," she said and gestured towards the group of people seated.

  "But, my professor says I should meet Mr.Hong because..."

  There was suddenly a shout and followed by a domino wave of screams, and when I turned to see the commontion, the windows were blocked with security guards. In the midst of the raving girl crowd, I saw a glimpse of a blonde lean guy wearing white baggy tee worn with tappered stone-washed jeans with a church hat.

 "Miss, they have arrived, so you must wait there-"

I turned a blank face. "They, they are them? The ones that'll interview me?"

She scrunched her face. "What are you talking about? You're really clueless?"

 "Please tell me where I can meet Mr.Hong, say that i'm an ex-student of Professor Hyeong and I'm here for the audition," The receptionist glowered but bend down at the intercom telephone. She pressed a button and said a few words over the call.

 The decent crowd outside was blocked by the security guards, and now they were waving their little banners and cameras. The small waiting group stood up in response, and my attention immediately turned to a guy with smooth fair face and deep black eyebrows. He casually greeted them, unlike the other four. Even the stylish interior of this building pales in comparison to the five good-looking guys.

  "Meet Mr. Hong upstairs, in this room," she told me the room, and I thanked her. "Wait for him before you start the audition,"

 I bowed my head a little and went to the elevator. So, I'm not the late ones here. The elevator door opened and I stepped inside.

 "Hah, hyung, when are you going to return my car keys?" 

 "When my car returns from the workshop, I told you already!" a low husky voice replied.

 When I turn around to lean on the lift wall, the five guys were squeezed in the same lift with me. It struck me that they will be my future employees, and my throat was consticting every second. They seemed to look shock when they saw me, and awkwardly, we stared at each other. I was glued to the lift wall at the corner, and the five trimmed and good-looking male celebrities dressed to the nines gazed at me as if I were a hole. I exhange each stare with a faltering smile, and ridiculously, I felt like I wanted to vanish into thin air.

 I swallowed hard. "An..annyeong...?"

  The one who was wearing a studded leather jacket charismatically took out his dark shades to reveal a pair of scrutinising eyes. He had compact muscles which flex underneath his sleeves. Beside him, I saw the one who I thought was friendly-looking, and he just threw a careless smile. Another one was leaning against the wall blocking the lift buttons, and he was listening tapping his feet along wth the rhythm of the music playing in his ipod and wasn't looking at me. The whole lift became deafeningly silent.

  "Sorry," I squeezed my way a little through them, and reached out my hand to press '4'. "I'm here for your audition, but I have to meet someone," I was really screaming for help inside.

  My hand accidentally brushed along the shirt of the guy listening to music. He opened his eyes and frown. "Who is this? What is this doing here?"

  The blonde guy who i saw earlier pushed the lift button for me. "Mianneh, he's a little rude. I'm sure you've heard of us well. I'm sure you know me- I'm G-dragon,"

 "Oh.." I tried to recall the names on the poster of my bother's. "Annyeong, I'm Elena. I'm honoured to meet Big Bang in person...and you must be, Choi Seung-" I suddenly remembered the name of the one leaning against the wall.

  His frown grew deeper. "What are you, to call me by my name? Are you sure you're even legible for this audition?" I glared.

 "It's a weird formal introduction, isn't it?" G-dragon cut in, his gentle voice humming. "I hope you'll do your very best, Elena."

 Suddenly a head popped out from behind the tall-framed guy behind. He was in a black suit, with wiry pepper and salt hair with crinkles at the sides of his eyes. "You're lucky, since you've took the elevator by coincidence with Big Bang, please be our first contestant for the audition,"

 The door lift opened when it reached level four. I shook my head humbly. "Ah, that's fine, I have to meet someone first, see you later, and thank you!"

 I was about to step out when a hand suddenly grabbed my wrist, and before I knew it I was pulled back into the elevator.

  "Hi, I'm Seugri, let's just come for the audition first, OK?" he was still clutching my wrist. "I'm the other Seunghyun of Big Bang,"

 "Oh...oh, okay," I mutterd as he let go of my hand. Blood gushed to my cheeks as i face him.