Sparks

My Beautiful Hangover

    I was whisked away to their office, and was overwhelmed by the greetings of the other staffs, and no matter how reluctant and hesitant I was about following Mr.Hong's commands, I still did. I constantly remind myself that after all the salary i accumulated, I will finally quit and bring my brother and I to some better home, a more havenly place on earth. I indurated my heart and swore to never have any emotional attachment- platonic friendship, or even impossibly ridiculous romance- ever. I will just be their plain manager who's only there for money.

  After signing a few forms with all those statements printed on it, I am now known as an assistant manager to Big Bang. Welcome to YG family, welcome to my temporary employment. Mr.Ryuk immediately handed me a stack of files, with a list of networks. I was handed a brand new mobile phone, which shocked me.

  "I have a mobile phone, that's fine!"

  "Everyone in our company is given a phone," he simply said. "But, we only use this for working purposes. The contact numbers of the people you should know is all inside. Never lose this. There will be a tsunami if you lose it, understand? Don't give out your new phone number ever."

  I flipped through the schedule file. "Don't you think their schdules are staggered on top of one another?" I bit my lips. "Ah, they will need to fly to Japan but an hour later a rehearsal for Inkigayo?"

  "Hmm...you can plan it and let me view it," he said, and looked impressed by my first action. "That's not very important for you right now. You'll have to visit Big Bang's dorm and move in nearby by tomorrow."

 "Can my brother move in with me?" I asked. "I don't want to trouble anyone, but its better if I can tag him along..."

He nodded. "Its a kind of quarters for us managers, because we have to be there for those punks 24 seven. You will lead a hectic life very soon."

 There was a knock at the door, and a head popped in. It was a female staff, and called for Mr.Ryuk. He excused himself and dismissed me to my own. I was absorbed into staring at the numerous posters taped on the white walls, and realised how popular and established Big Bang and the others are. I stopped before a particular black and white poster of them, and stared at Seungri in the poster, who was seated in between G-dragon and Daesung. My heart did a little flip when i stared at him. He's the nicest and the most normal among them. I wondered, if he had a girlfriend.

  "You must be my new fan," a male voice suddenly said, which made me jump a little. Seungri's head was just beside mine, inches away, and he gave a genial smile. I stared at him with wide eyes.

 "What are you doing here?" I finally asked. "Where's the rest?"

 "Are you blushing?" he asked, and when i lowered my head, he chortled softly. "My hyungs are off to lounge at a nearby cafe for a drink. Do you want to follow?"

 I shook my head. "Ani, the coffee's here good enough. Why don't you just go with them?"

 "I don't have the mood. Anyway, I want to know my assistant manager in person." He beamed widely, like a young kid. "Hmm...can I guess your age?""

  I tried to keep my smile decent and not plastered like a huge silly grin. "Well, you guess? I'll buy you coffee if you guess correctly!"

 He tapped the wall in front of him with his forefinger, and knitted his brows. "You have the looks of a college student...but you just graduated, means, you're a noona! Wait- I think you're, a year older than me."

 I crossed my fingers. "And you're..."

 "I'm twenty," he cried. "You're twenty-one!" He studied my facial expression before his smile exploded. "I'm so glad to have a noona, again. If only you were born a year younger, someone can call me 'Oppa!' all the time,"

 I laughed along. "And it looks like i have to sacrifice some of my coins to a man here, because of a coffee bet,"

 He ushered me out to the lobby where the vending machine was, and when i wanted to slot in the coins,but he quickly put in his own coins. The strong aroma filled our nostrils. The hot coffee stung my lips and scalded my tongue , and as I coughed a little to splutter it out, when a tall figure leaned suddenly materialised beside me, and shocked, i coughed more and accidentally spit on the shoes of that person.