Bad start

My Beautiful Hangover

     I entered the cold theatrette with the five band members and a single middle-aged guy. It felt really out of place to even walk with them, so I tailed them from behind, refusing to walk along with them. They seem to exude an icy cold aura, and I felt like my job is even on the line. My pump heels kept striking on the marble floor, making a loud clickety-clack which I wish would disappear. They have impeccable fashion sense and I was sure the coat worn by the one of them was a Pierre Balmain fall collection.

  Seungri, the one who forced me back into the lift slowed down to wait for me. "You, don't be so nervous,"

 I blushed. "I hope so. Thank you,"

 G-dragon tilted his head at our direction. "Elena, please be our guest," He held the door open for me, and as I slipped inside Seungri exchange unfathomable stares with him.

  I was ushered to sit at a single stool in front of a line of them. T.O.P dragged his chair out and folded his arms as he stared at me with a deep pucker in between his eyes. The one at the end just sat back with indifference and seemed not to care about my presence, and was really quiet. The middle-aged man in a suit inrtoduced himself as their manager named Mr. Ryuk, so I passed him my qualifications, testimony and identification documents.

  "Miss. Elena Seol, you are an art student? Very impressive, she's a top art student!" Mr. Ryuk beamed.

 "Is that what we really need? An artist who wants to try to manage us?" I was shocked that G-dragon uttered that, and I felt slashed by a thousand knives. "Apparel design, fashion management; have you gone to the wrong audition?"

  I lowered my eyes. "I was offered to be your assistant manager, and I reflected long and hard about it. I might also try to be a fashion sytlist from this area,"

  "Did you do a research on what our fashion 'orientation' are?" T.O.P butted in. As he leaned forward, his manly face twisted into an icy expression. "I speak my own opinion. I strongly dislike you."

  I stared daggers at him. "Is this how you treat your prospect assistant manager as? Or do are you prejudiced against me? Why?"

 T.O.P didn't flinch. "I am prejudiced against girls who act like they don't know us, and try to be our manager so that they can gain popularity and think they might have a chance to make one of us your lover," he smirked. "I know that girls like you, are our obsessed fans with fantasies."

  The veins in my head almost exploded. "If I know that the employers are going to be a pack of narcissists and braggarts, I wouldn't even have try to step out of my house!" I widened my eyes. "Truthfully speaking, for several years when hallyu was at its peak, I didn't even know a single name of a singer. So, how can I know you?"

  T.O.P gave a beseeching look and leaned back on his chair. The manager sneered at him indirectly and gave a wry smile at me. "Sorry Miss. Elena, he might have drank too much last night. So, we shall start formally. Are you really able to rush and make up schedules for them? As such, you need to sacrifice most of your time,"

 I tried to restrain my voice. "I can't get the respect I wanted. That's fine- I'll just withdraw from this," as I said that, I picked up my bag from the floor. "Thanks for spending your valuable time with me, and I hope you'll get a new assistant manager soon,"

 "Elena..." I heard Seungri call out my name. "I have different opinion. I think you suit us fine. Manager Hyung, are you really letting this girl slip away? With that character and qualifications, she's more than capable,"

 "Haish...you guys are being difficult," Mr.Ryuk muttered. "Miss. Elena, we're not done yet, I am the one who have the full authority to sign you on."

  "She's a rookie in working life, what will you do if she creates a mess?" the one in shades said, whom I recognize as Taeyang. "We aren't a rookie band," I'm already hurt enough, and now I felt like sinking into the tiles.

  Suddenly the door burst open, and a tall fifty-something man with pomade stepped inside while buttoning his cufflinks. A couple of man were behind him. he ignored the others and quickly riveted his eyes to me.

 "Professor Hyeong's student!" he cried out while grinning. "Heard a lot about you from that old friend. Nevermind, I've already hired you as Big Bang's new assistant manager. Big Bang members here, you've accepted her, right?"

 "You hired her? Since when?" T.O.P shouted rudely. "This mere girl?"

"Don't worry, she'll be good. Anyone in Professor Hyeong's goodbooks will be in mine too. I've sent the other interviewees back, let's welcome you to our family!"