4

The Promise We Made

“Is Sunghee okay?” Minho asked Taeyeon as they walk down the corridor to the principal’s office. He is concern with the girl. How can he not? He is indebts with her. You can say that Sunghee was the one who brought them together.

“She said she is okay, but I’m not sure. You know, she often hides what she truly feels only to have us together.” Taeyeon sighs. She rests her head on Minho’s shoulder. “She is hard to predict sometimes. Who could guess that she would kill herself back then?”

Minho plays with Taeyeon’s hair lovingly. He doesn’t actually know what really happened since no one tells him anything, including Taeyeon. But he knows that it was a serious problem to make that bubbly Sunghee would want to kill herself. Thank God, Minho and Taeyeon passed by the area and was able to fail her attempt.

“It’s been two years, oppa. And it’s been two painful years.” Taeyeoin sighs again. “She becomes more and more broken each day. I can’t stand to see that anymore. It feels like I wanna die, too.”

“But you have to be strong for her, Tae. You’ve been her only source of power for the past two years, haven’t you? Don’t worry. I’m sure everything will be alright. Besides, you have me right? I will always be there for you.” Minho said, brushing his index finger to Taeyeon’s nose, making her smile. Minho has always succeeded in making her calm and sure that everything will be alright.

“Thanks, oppa. You are the best!” Taeyeon said, receiving a soft kiss on her cheek, making her blush and Minho smiles satisfied. They’ve been together for three years but Taeyeon never lost that blush every time he kissed her. This side of her will only appear because of Minho, and that’s what he loves about that girl a lot. Taeyeon will forever be his Taeyeon.

“I love you, Tae~” Minho suddenly said when they got even closer to the principal’s office, making Taeyeon smiles. “I love you, too, Minho oppa.” And with that said, they entered the office with wide smiles on their faces.

 

∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee

 

Myungsoo walks weakly to his seat in the classroom, head down and his steps are slow. He feels a tap on his shoulder when he is finally seated, which makes him turns around to find Sungyeol is staring at him with so much concern.

“Where is Minho?” Myungsoo asked immediately, not really interested. He knows where Minho is, but he is just not in the mood to answer Sungyeol’s train of questions. He is stressed enough.

“He needs to meet the principal, remember? Talking about soccer scholarship stuffs.” Sungyeol answered only receiving a nod from Myungsoo. “Are you okay?” Sungyeol let his voice out again, really curious about the incident happened not long before. Myungsoo, again, only nods, making Sungyeol sighs in frustration. It’s true they’ve been friends since kids but ever since that whatever incident, Myungsoo refuses to tell him anything. He feels like he’s been pushed out from his life, and he hates that.

Myungsoo glances at Sungyeol, feeling guilty for his cold attitude. “Sorry, Sungyeol-ah. I’m just not in the mood to talk.” He knows it was the lamest excuse, but it is what he really feels and is also what he has been telling Sungyeol for the past two years, every time he asks.

“I miss the old Myungsoo, you know. I wonder when he will be back.” Sungyeol stares longingly at Myungsoo before he stands up and gets out from the class, not caring about the teacher who is calling out his name. He needs some fresh air.

“Great.” Myungsoo whispered to himself. Now his best friend also leaves him. He sighs and puts his head on the table. “Maybe I’m really helpless, after all.”

 

∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee

 

Sungyeol strolled down the corridor without any direction. Head down and his steps are slow, until suddenly he bumps to someone, two students to be exact. He lifts his head only to find two pairs of eyes are staring at him, confusion is evident in their eyes.

“What are you doing, not in the class?” the tall boy asked, supported by a nod from the girl beside him. Sungyeol smiles faintly.

“Getting away from Myungsoo.” He said, sighing. “I’m tired of seeing him like that. I know it’s his problem, but I’m his best friend and he has been keeping that to himself for two years already. Don’t you think it’s time for him to tell me everything? I want to help him, but I don’t know how.” He sighs again and lowers his head. “Even my own sister doesn’t want to tell me anything. But the funny thing is he tells Taeyeon everything.” Sungyeol said staring straight at Taeyeon with full jealousy. Yes, he is jealous. His little sister prefers to tell her cousin rather than telling her own brother.

Taeyeon flinches in Minho’s arms. “Oppa, it’s not like that. I’m sorry.” She said making Sungyeol chuckles bitterly.

“I know Taeyeon-ah. It’s not your fault. I’m sorry.” Sungyeol lifts up his head again and stares at the couple, smiling bitterly. “How nice it is if Myungsoo and Sunghee would just be together, like you guys, and stop making everyone worried.”

Minho and Taeyeon only nod and sigh. They can feel it, too. How frustrated it is to be on their side and how it feels to be on Myungsoo’s and Sunghee’s side. They love each other, but they are hurting one another and themselves, too.

“I guess, we can only wait, can’t we?” Minho finally spoke up, breaking the forming ice. The other two only nod in response. They can’t do anything, anyway. They tried all things but nothing worked out, and they’ve ran out of ideas. “Let’s get back to the class then, shall we?” Minho said again.

Sungyeol shakes his head. “Well, you go back to the class. I need some more fresh air.” He smiles then walks past the couple heading nowhere. He just needs some time alone, and away from Myungsoo. Damn! He feels like a jealous boyfriend.

Minho and Taeyeon only stare at the figure until he disappears in the corner. They then turn around and walk to their class.

“I hope everything will end soon.” Taeyeon whispered, enough for Minho to hear and nod in response.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N......................................

finally I can update again!! yaayy~

it's really hard to update lately, since the internet connection really ..

I will try to update at least once a week..promise!! hehe

this story is halfway through, so it will end after some more chapters, I guess..

so, how is it so far? do you guys like it? tell me on the comment box below..^^

comments are really loved!!^^