6

The Promise We Made

Sunghee sighs as she stares at her luggage. This day has finally come and here she is, standing in the airport, queuing for her turn to check in. She glances to her right, seeing Taeyeon, who is having a lovey dovey moment with Minho like there’s no tomorrow, and Myungsoo, standing not too far from where she stands. She kinda regrets of agreeing to join this vacation. It feels like she has made a very big mistake.

Sunghee sighs again as the man in front of her shifts to the right, making room for her to step forward. “Well, this is it. There’s no turning back.” She said to herself, loud enough for Taeyeon to hear, making her smiles even wider. She glances to her right, to the boy beside her, who is currently holding her close, and flashes her wide smile.

“I’m so happy that Sunghee finally agree to join us.” She whispered happily, making Minho smiles.

“Me, too.” Minho nods. “I hope they’ll fix their problem there, so Sunghee can be happy and you can stop talking about her all the time. I’m starting to get jealous, you know, although she is a girl, and your cousin, too.” Minho pouts making Taeyeon giggles. She hugs her boyfriend and rests her head on his broad chest.

“Don’t be. I only have one spot for a lover in my heart, and you have filled that up.” Taeyeon said, smiling, making Minho smiles, too. Minho grabs Taeyeon’s chin and lifts it up only to plant a light peck on her lips, making the girl blushes.

“I’m glad I join the vacation.” He said staring straight into the other’s eyes with so much love, making Taeyeon blushes even more and lowers her head, too embarrassed to stare back at Minho.

Sunghee sighs even heavier seeing the sight on her right. “Oh, well. I guess I will be alone this vacation.” She said taking her checked-in ticket and steps out of the line. She just hopes she won’t be left alone with Myungsoo.

 

∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee

 

The three families have finally landed in Europe, Paris to be exact. They will be staying there for a week and have all the time they want to have fun while waiting for the heads of the families to finish their business stuffs.

Sunghee sits alone near the fountain at the back of the hotel after putting all her belongings in her room and changed into more comfortable clothes. Taeyeon has long gone with Minho. Sunghee asked her to, more like shooed her, or else she will stay with Sunghee all the time, leaving Minho alone, and Sunghee doesn’t want that. She doesn’t want to be the third-wheel in their relationship.

The sound of a camera clicking is all around the place but she ignores it, thinking that it might be some other tourists who are impressed by the beauty of this place. But a voice that she knows all too well changes her thought and makes her frozen in place.

“May I sit here?” said that voice. Sunghee turns around and can only stare at the owner of that voice, who is now taking a place beside her. She immediately gets up and ready to leave.

“Myungsoo oppa, didn’t I say not to come near me again?” Sunghee asked before taking a step further. “If you can’t do that, then let me be the one who stays away from you.” And with that said, she leaves Myungsoo who can just stare at her back, with sadness and disappointment evident in his eyes.

“Sunghee-ah, do you really hate me that much?” he said to himself when he can no longer see that petite figure. He sighs and lowers his head. He misses Sunghee too much, it’s killing him. It feels like he dies each day, thinking about her.

“Sunghee-ah, 보고싶어(bogosipeo). 그리고, 사랑해(keurigo, saranghae)*.” he whispered as a drop of tear falls down his cheeks.

 

∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee

 

Days passed without Myungsoo being able to get even a meter closer to Sunghee, and it’s already friday. The later always avoids and stays as far away as possible from him. It feels like she and Myungsoo are both the negative poles, which can never be any closer.

They are now having their lunch, while their appas are taking care of whatever business stuffs and their ummas are accompanying them. Myungsoo sighs when she sees Sunghee and Taeyeon together, not even wanting to take a small glance over him. She is just a table away, but it feels like she is too far and unreachable.

Sungyeol and Minho glance over to Myungsoo, hearing their friend keeps sighing. They follow his sight and also sigh when they realized that Myungsoo has been staring at Sunghee. They pity him but can’t do anything since none would want to open up. How can they help when they don’t understand the real problem?

“Sungyeol-ah, Minho-ah.” Myungsoo suddenly called, making the two boys stare at him. “I need your help with something tonight.” He said looking at them consecutively. The two boys only look at him questioningly, waiting for the next lines he will say. “Can you get Sunghee by the Eiffel Tower tonight? I’ll be waiting for her there. Make sure she is all by herself, okay?” he blurted out making Sungyeol and Minho caught in surprise, but nod in agreement anyway. They smile to themselves and party in their mind, knowing that Myungsoo will finally, hopefully, end their big fight.

Myungsoo glances toward Sunghee again and smiles to himself. He doesn’t know whether this will work or not, but at least, he has to try. He gives his friends a tap on their backs before he gets up and makes his way to his room. He needs to prepare everything.

 

∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee

 

“Sunghee-ah, let’s go out! Minho oppa asked us out. Me, you, him, and Sungyeol oppa, too.” Taeyeon said, later that day, with a wide grin on her face. Minho told her about Myungsoo’s plan tonight and she can’t help but to be excited. She really really hopes that it will work.

Sunghee frown, feeling something is off. “How about Myungsoo oppa? It’s impossible for him not to come when Sungyeol oppa and Minho oppa are coming along.”

“Well, I’m not really sure. Minho oppa said that it will only be the four of us.” Taeyeon said, looking really unsure. “Let’s go! There’s no reason for you not to join. Now, go get ready!” She chirped, shooing Sunghee to the bathroom. The later smiles and nods, making Taeyeon’s smile grows even wider if that is even possible.

Sunghee lowers his head, walking slowly to the bathroom, taking her clothes on the way. She feels sad. Why? Sure, she asked Myungsoo to stay away from her. But why is it that when he does, she regrets ever saying it and feels abandoned? She always misses him and even if she refuses to admit it, she would always steal glances at the boy. She wants to be near him but she’s afraid. She is afraid of feeling rejected again. That incident two years ago is enough to teach her many things. But, even she knows it herself that Myungsoo has taken her whole heart since long ago.

Sunghee sighs. There are just so many things in her mind but then, she shakes it off and sets her mind on whatever the others have planned for tonight.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N.........................................

 

*I miss you. and, I love you.

if any of you notice, it's taec's line in their comeback when you hear this song...

I love that song A LOT!! hehehehe

 

anyway, another chappie is up~^^ and the ending is close!! hehe

hope you like this one, too..^^ COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!(^o^)