7

The Promise We Made

“Oh, no! I forgot something in my room!” Minho suddenly said a bit too loud for Sunghee’s ears. He looks at the others apologetically. They just went out of the hotel heading to the Eiffel Tower, but here he is, delaying their night trip. “It’s okay. You guys can go without me. I’ll just take Taetae with me, okay? I’m really sorry.” Minho said, looking really sorry. The others just shake their head at Minho’s antics, and smile.

“You can take all the time you want, Minho oppa.” Sunghee smiles meaningfully, making the couple blush. Minho mouthed a ‘thanks’ then takes Taeyeon’s hand and pulls her with him. Sunghee giggles at their cuteness. She just doesn’t understand why the couple should make up excuses in front of her. If they want some time alone, she will never forbid them to go.

“Shall we go first?” Sungyeol said, receiving a nod from Sunghee. They then walk to their destination, which is only ten to fifteen minutes walk from the hotel. Sunghee flashes a smile, enjoying the beautiful view around her. It reminds her of Myungsoo. He loves taking pictures a lot, and she is sure that Myungsoo has been here some time in this week only to take some pictures of these beautiful sceneries. Sunghee sighs at the thought of Myungsoo. Why should she think about him? She just ruined her own night.

Sungyeol glances at his little sister, hearing her sighed. “Feeling not good?” he asked seeing Sunghee’s expression has changed into an upset one so quickly. Sunghee shakes her head and smiles at her looking concern brother.

“I’m fine, oppa. Maybe I just think too much.” She giggles and links her hand with her oppa’s, making the later frown. “Let’s walk faster. I’ve been wanting to see the tower up close.” She said as she pulls her brother, making him stumbles a bit. She needs to stop thinking about Myungsoo too much and enjoy tonight. It’s been a while since she have some alone time with her brother.

They finally arrived at the park close to the tower and there are so many couples having dates there, either only strolling around or sitting on one of the benches. Sunghee suddenly giggles at the thought that people might think that they are also a couple seeing how clingy she is to her brother. Sungyeol stares at his baby sister confusedly but just shakes it off thinking about how to proceed to the real reason they are here in the first place.

“Sunghee-ah, can you wait for me at the bench over there? I need to go somewhere first.” Sungyeol said pointing at the empty bench not far from where they are standing, getting a nod from Sunghee, who is not even one bit confused or suspicious at him. Sungyeol smiles relieved that his sister doesn’t ask anything, and then leaves his sister in the park alone.

Sunghee sighs as her brother finally disappeared from her sight. She walks toward the said bench and sits there. She stares at the sky, puffing her cheeks, and then lowers her head staring at the ground only to find a small paper that has her name on it with an arrow pointing somewhere. She takes the paper and read it once again. She is sure it’s for her since, well, who else is Korean named Lee Sunghee in here? Moreover, it is written in Hangeul.

She looks straight in front of her, where the arrow is pointing to, and she notices another small paper not far from the bench. She walks forward to take that paper. A word ‘기억나?(gieokna?)* is written on it with another arrow pointing forward, so Sunghee sets her sight in front of her again and sees another paper not far from her. She walks further more and takes the paper that has ‘우리 약속?(uri yaksok?)’* on it and another arrow, but it points back to the bench this time. Sunghee turns around and sees a smiling boy sitting on the bench with his guitar and a big white board beside him. ‘넌 영원히 내꺼야!!(neon yeongwonhi naekkeoya!!)* is written on it, big enough for her to be able to read from afar.

Sunghee gasps at the realization of who the boy is and takes slow steps toward the bench. Her eyes start to get teary and it’s become hard for her to even breathe. A melody suddenly plays from the guitar as she gets closer to the bench.

 

[majubogo haryeodeon geu mal]                         the words I wanted to say in front of you

[chama haji mot haetdeon geu mal]                    the words I couldn’t bring myself to say

[na jeonhajido mothan chae tto tteona]                without the chance to say them

[i jarie honja dugo tteonagane]                            you left me alone in this place

 

[jikyeobol su bakke nan..]                                  all I can do is watch..

[tto chamabol su bakke na..]                              all I can do is hold on..

[i goseseo neol gidaryeo]                                   and wait for you here

[aswiumman namgin chae]                                you’ve gotten further away

[tto meoreojindaedo du]                                     leaving only regrets

[nuneun gameun chae malhae]                           say it with both eyes closed

 

[na sori obsi bulleobonda geudae..jigeum]             I called out without sound..even now

[gieokhamyeo bulleobonda geudae]                      I called out remembering you

[ijeuryeogo noryeokhaedo geudae]                        I tried forgetting you

[nae mam gatji anheungeol almyeonseodo]           knowing you don’t share my feelings

 

[malhaejuji mot haetdon geu mal..saranghae]        the words I couldn’t say to you..I love you

[chama naeji mot haetdon geu mal]                      the words I couldn’t bring myself to say

[na jeonhajido mothan chae tto tteona]                  without the chance to say them

[i jarie honja dugo meoreojine]                              you’re leaving me alone here and going further away

 

[gidaril su bakke nan…]                                       all I can do is wait..

[nun gamabol su bakke na…]                               all I can do is close my eyes..

[i goseseo na meomchwoseoseo]                         and I’m stopped here

[aswiumman namgin chae]                                   you’ve gotten further away

[tto meoreojindaedo du]                                        leaving only regrets

[soneul moeun chae malhae]                                say it with both your hands together

 

[na sori obsi bulleobonda geudae..jigeum]              I called out without sound..even now

[gieokhamyeo bulleobonda geudae]                       I called out remembering you

[biuryeogo noryeokhaedo geudae]                         I tried to empty myself of you

[nae mam yeogi eomneungeol almyeonseodo]       knowing your mind isn’t here

[bulleobonda]                                                      I call out

 

[maeumeuro malhaebonda geudae..jigeum]           I said it in my mind..even now

[hoksirado doraolkka naege]                                thinking that maybe you’ll come back to me

[nae mam gatji anketjiman geudae]                      you didn’t share my feelings

[doraondamyeon (doraondamyeon)]                      but if you come back

[hoksirado (hoksirado)]                                        just maybe

[majuchilkkabwa gidaryeo..]                                 I wait that I will run into you..

[hoksirado majuchilkkabwa gidaryeo..]                  I wait thinking that I may run into you..

 

Sunghee’s tears fall down like a waterfall along with the song that plays from Myungsoo. She stopped not far from the bench, after she took some steps toward it, as she couldn’t take any step further due to her tears that are blocking her sight.

Myungsoo gets up when he finished singing the song, which represents his whole feeling for the past two years. “SUNGHEE-AH!! 사랑해!!! (SARANGHAE!!!)” he shouted, making all the people at the park stare at him startled, and take steps closer to Sunghee, who is crying even harder.

“Please, don’t run away from me anymore.” Myungsoo said with every step he takes. “I’m sorry for what happened two years ago. I was deceived. And it wasn’t me who kissed her. It was her who forced her way on me.” he continued carefully, afraid that Sunghee will just suddenly run away from him. “I only love you, Sunghee-ah. Ever since we were kids, you’ve taken my whole heart with you. That promise, I never called it off, and I will never will. I can’t live without you. I’m dying everyday thinking that you hate me.” Myungsoo’s tears finally fall down his cheeks without him even trying to hold it. He will let everything out tonight, in front of himself and Sunghee, and all the people here. He has been keeping it in and he can’t hold it anymore.

“Oppa…” Sunghee said, choking in his tears.

“Please, don’t tell me off Sunghee-ah. I can’t do that. I won’t do that.” Myungsoo cut her off, afraid of what she will have to say next. “I don’t want to stay away from you. I can’t bear to be away from you anymore. I…”

“사랑해...(saranghae…)” Sunghee said to silent Myungsoo up, which worked and left his jaw dropped. “I thought you really don’t like me and I’m so afraid to face the truth. I’m such a coward and not dare enough to face you. I don’t want to hear that directly from your mouth.” She said again, wiping her tears away and trying to calm herself down.

“Sungie… I’m sorry I hurt you. I didn’t mean to…”

“I know, oppa. You explained everything just now. I’m sorry I keep telling you off this whole two years.” Sunghee finally smiles again, still sobbing, bringing the boy to smile, too.

Myungsoo walks even closer to Sunghee fast and pulls her into his embrace. He hugs her tight, inhaling the scent he missed so much. He smiles brightly. He can finally reach Sunghee again, his Sunghee. He then lets go of the embrace and holds both of her cheeks in his arms, staring at her deeply. “Will you be my bride, Sunghee-ah?” he said, smiling to the girl in front of him, who is almost in tears again. Sunghee nods happily, eyes are already wet again.

“Yes…but after I graduate.” Sunghee said innocently, making Myungsoo chuckless at her reply.

“Of course. But now, it means you’re my fiancé since you’ve accepted my proposal.” He said and then closes the gap between them and plants his lips on hers. A long, sweet kiss, unlike the previous one. They both smile in the kiss, then let go of each other. “I love you, Sungie.” He said, resting his forehead on Sunghee’s. “I’ve loved you ever since we were kids and I will continue to love you to eternity.”

Sunghee smiles hearing Myungsoo’s confession. A drop of tear, a happy tear, falls down her cheek. “I love you, too, Myungsoo oppa.” She said, enveloping her favorite oppa in a tight embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N...................................

* do you remember?

* our promise?

* you are forever mine!!

and the song, it’s INFINITE - Voice of My Heart ^^

so, yaayy~~ they are finally together!! heheee~

this story has actually finished..but I will write an epilogue of it..

so, look forward for it!! it will be in Sungyeol’s point of view..hehe

you can check out my upcoming one-shot, too..

That Christmas, When You Left Me it’s het!2min..hehehe^^

well, hope you like this chappie..COMMENTS ARE LOVED!!^^