3

The Promise We Made

Myungsoo gets up from his seat in the canteen in rage, startling Sungyeol and Minho, who are sitting with him. He cannot bear to see what is in front of him anymore. Sunghee is sitting with Taeyeon and encircled by some unknown boys, flirting and laughing, and do whatever they please.

“What’s wrong?” Minho asked, seeing Myungsoo whose eyes are on fire.

Myungsoo glare at Minho in disbelief. “What’s wrong, you asked?! How can you act this calm seeing your little girlfriend there is flirting with other boys?!” Myungsoo said. Anger is evident in his eyes.

“Well, clearly, it’s not Taeyeon who’s flirting but Sunghee. Besides, what’s so big deal about that? It happens everyday.” Minho shrugs. “And I trust Taeyeon won’t cheat on me anyway.”

Myungsoo glances at Sunghee again only to have his anger builds up even more. A boy suddenly kissed her on her cheek, startling the said girl for a moment, but then she laughs it off.

“Well, that was new.” Sungyeol whispered loud enough for his two best friends to hear, but regrets that right after when he sees Myungsoo suddenly gets off their table and walks real fast to Sunghee’s table. He grabs her hand and pulls her roughly off the group and out of the canteen, shocking everyone in there.

“Oppa, stop!! It hurts!!” Sunghee shouted when she can finally grasp the situation she is facing. She pulls her arm forcefully off Myungsoo’s grip, which makes him stop. “What’s wrong with you?!” Sunghee shouted again, clutching her hands on her chest, feeling her heart is beating really fast and hurting a lot.

“What’s wrong with me?! What’s wrong with you?!!” Myungsoo shouted back, pointing right on her nose. “How can you let some random boys touched you and even kissed you?!”

“Don’t point at me, MISTER!!” Sunghee slaps Myungsoo’s hand away her face, glaring at him with so much anger. “Who are you, anyway?! You don’t have the right to order me around! I have the right to do whatever I please! It’s none of your business!!” she said and turns around to leave Myungsoo. But before she can take even a step away, Myungsoo grabs her hand and pulls her to his embrace, leaving the girl dumbfounded.

“Hell yeah, it is. And I have the right to do this,” Myungsoo said, inhaling the sweet smell of Sunghee and embrace her even tighter before he lets go and holds the other’s cheeks. “and this.” He said, then closing their gap and capture Sunghee’s lips with his, leaving her in a totally shocked state.

Sunghee pushes Myungsoo away with so much force when her mind is finally working again, and slaps his cheek hard. “What…do you think…you are doing?” She said with so much emphasizing. Her mind is full of anger and her heart hurts a lot, feeling used. “Don’t…you ever dare…to show your face…in front of me EVER AGAIN!!” and with that said, She turns around and leaves Myungsoo motionless.

Myungsoo lowers his head, regretting of what he did. Tears are building up in his eyes, and finally they fall like a waterfall without he can stop it. He ruffles his hair and pulls it hard, feeling stupid and useless. Why did he do that? Even Myungsoo doesn’t have the answer. His body just moved on its own, not listening to his brain. “I’m so stupid.” he whispered to himself. “Now, I really lost her forever.”

 

∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee ∞ SHINee

 

“Sunghee-ah, are you okay?” Taeyeon asked, hugging Sunghee who is sobbing hard. Concern is evident in her eyes. She found Sunghee sitting on the bench in the school garden with tears flowing like a waterfall.

“Taeyeon-ah, he…he kissed me.” Sunghee said in the middle of her sobs. Taeyeon her back and coos soothing words, clearly hiding her shock. She will wait for Sunghee to calm down before asking for any details. Besides, she won’t need to ask because Sunghee will eventually tell her everything.

“He hugged me, and then kissed me. I should be happy, right? But his words are eating me alive, Taeyeon-ah. He said…he said he has right upon me. I feel like being used.” Sunghee said again, still trying to tell everything even though she still can’t control her tears and sobs. Taeyeon just nods and hugs Sunghee even tighter, trying to calm her down. She looks really broken. Her state now is no better than her state two years back.

Taeyeon lets go of her embrace and holds Sunghee’s cheeks with her both hands. She wipes all the tears there and stares straight into her eyes. “Don’t you think it’s time to talk everything out? He kissed you, right? What do you think he did that for?”

“I think…I think he was angry about the boys touching me. And someone even kissed me back in the canteen.” Sunghee said. Her tears finally stopped, leaving her with small sobs.

“And why do you think he was angry about that?” Taeyeon asked again. Her stare softens and soothing.

“I don’t know, Taeyeon-ah. I don’t want to hope for something that’s unsure.” Sunghee shakes and lowers her head. She sighs. She really can’t fall in this. It’s so hard to stand strong and this incident may not let her down.

Taeyeon smiles. “But hope exists because there are so many things unsure, Sunghee-ah. We always hope for something to happen in the future, and the future is always unsure. Don’t you think so?” Sunghee lifts her head at Taeyeon’s words. How can her cousin always be this wise? Ever since they were kids, Taeyeon is always the one with more mature thoughts. While her? She was always the one doing all kinds of childish stuffs, even until now.

“You are always so wise and mature, you know that?” Sunghee said, pouting. “It feels like I’m a kid compares to you even though we are of the same age.”

“That’s why we are inseparable, right?” Taeyeon said. Yes, they complement each other. That’s what best friends, or in this case, best cousins are for, right?

Sunghee smiles. “By the way, Taeyeon-ah, look behind you. Your prince charming is waiting.” She said, gesturing her head to Taeyeon’s back, making her turns around and sees a figure standing not far from where they are. She turns to Sunghee in a shocked look.

“Oh, no! I promised Minho oppa to accompany him to the principal after lunch!” Taeyeon said, knocking her own head softly. She turns around again and waves her hands at Minho, who is still waiting patiently, then back to Sunghee. “Sorry, Sunghee-ah. I have to leave. You’re okay, right?”

“I’m okay, dear cousin. Thank you for comforting me.” Sunghee smiles. “Now go. Prince charming is waiting.” She shoos Taeyeon off, who is smiling apologetically. Taeyeon then runs off to Minho and links their hands together.

Sunghee sighs when Taeyeon and Minho can no longer be seen. “Hope…I don’t know if I’m able to hope ever again…” She said to herself, then stands up and walks to her next class.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N..............................

hello again! hehe ^^

sorry for updating only now..the internet connection is being y....

hope you like this short chappie~ hehe comments are loved!!^^