1

The Promise We Made

Little Sunghee sat down boringly on the terrace seat, still in her school uniform. She was waiting for her oppas, especially this one special oppa. He would usually come here after school for one or two hours until his umma came to pick him up. Their school was only 5 minutes walk from the Lee’s house.

Sunghee’s face suddenly brightened and her lips stretched forming a big smile when she saw two figures were walking down the street, heading to her direction. She stood up immediately and waved her little hands at the two boys.

“Oppaaaaa~” Sunghee called with her cute, high-pitched, voice. The two boys glanced to the source of voice then smiled at the owner. They ran a little knowing that Sunghee has been waiting for them. Sungyeol spread his arms wide, expecting his little sister to come running to him and hug him. But, instead of doing so, Sunghee ran to the other boy and hugged him.

“Welcome, Myungsoo oppa!” Sunghee said as she hugged Myungsoo tightly. Sungyeol scoffed seeing his sister’s antics, making Myungsoo laughed a little and ruffled Sunghee’s hair. It had always been like this everyday, but Sungyeol never got tired of trying, hoping that his little sister would get tired and go to him instead of Myungsoo, which always brought him to disappointment.

“Yah… what about me? I am your real brother but it’s really hard to get a hug from you when I got home.” Sungyeol said pouting, trying to get Sunghee off Myungsoo. “Welcome home, Yeollie oppa.” Sunghee said as she turned and hugged him, making Sungyeol smiled and sticked his tongue out to Myungsoo. He was such a choding and possessive brother.

Sunghee let go of the hug and went back to Myungsoo, linking her hands to his bringing a pout to Sungyeol’s lips. She sent a flying kiss to her pouting brother to make him happy again, which worked. She, then, pulled Myungsoo in, followed by Sungyeol.

“Umma, I’m home!” Sungyeol shouted and ran to his umma when he saw her coming from the kitchen, and then hugged her, leaving the other two kids behind. Dongju caught in surprise at her son’s sudden attack but, then, smiled her signature smile and ruffled her son’s hair.

“Welcome home, dear.” She said, hugging her oldest. “Have you met Sunghee? She has been waiting for you.” Dongju smiled, letting go of the hug. Sungyeol pouted hearing his umma’s words.

“Not me, but Myungsoo. Look at her! She doesn’t care about me.” Dongju giggled seeing her son’s antics as she glanced at the kids Sungyeol was pointing to. She pinched Sungyeol’s cheeks and kissed him. “She cares about you. She is just securing her so-called future husband. Don’t be so jealous.” Dongju said, brushing her index finger to Sungyeol’s little nose.

Dongju then glanced again to Sunghee, who stick to Myungsoo like she was glued to him. “Sunghee-ah, aren’t you afraid Myungsoo oppa will run off if you are sticking to him too much? You might scare him off, you know.” Dongju said, smiling to the kids. Sunghee shook her head in disagreement. “No, umma! I have put a sign on Myungsoo oppa, so he can’t go anywhere far from me. Right, oppa?” Sunghee turned to Myungsoo with a bright smile, expecting a nod from him.

“Of course, Sungie. You are so cute, I can’t run off you.” Myungsoo smiled and pinched Sunghee’s cheeks, making her blushed tomato red and hid her face in her little hands. All of them smiled seeing how cute she was in her red face.

Sunghee stared at her umma when she had finally calmed herself. “You heard that, umma? There is no way oppa will run off me.” She said smiling proudly, then turned to Myungsoo. “Oppa should definitely be my husband in the future! Promise?” Sunghee said, sticking her pinky finger out, making Myungsoo smile. He promised this for so many times already, but it wouldn’t hurt to do that again.

“Promise!” Myungsoo said, linking their pinky fingers together.

 

 

Myungsoo smiles, remembering one piece of his childhood memory, as he stares at that particular girl who used to be so cute and clingy to him from afar, talking to the boys who are clearly flirting with her. She has grown up into a very beautiful girl, with a petite body and pretty face. No boys in school can really resist her. She is the queenka of the school, who has made all the girls jealous of her. All the boys chase her and are head over heels on her. And Myungsoo is not an exception. He might be popular among girls, but none of them really caught his interest, except Sunghee. Besides, his heart has been taken away by that gorgeous girl, long ago, ever since they were kids.

Things were going great between them, except that Myungsoo hadn’t yet confessed his feelings to Sunghee. Until that day – that cursed day came. Everything crashed down from then on. His bubbly Sunghee left him and doesn’t want to even look at him anymore. Every time he visited, Sunghee would always stay in her room and only came out after he left. So, he has stopped visiting the Lee’s house.

Myungsoo feels a tap on his left shoulder, bringing him back from his pool of thoughts. “Watching her again?” Sungyeol asked as he sits beside Myungsoo followed by Minho. He looks at the direction of his sister, who is encircled by more than 5 boys. Sunghee has changed a lot. In the past, she would just ditch them off and looked only to Myungsoo. Even Minho, who just entered their friendship bubble back then, could tell that their relationship was special without even asking.

But, suddenly, everything changed. Sunghee started to act cold toward Myungsoo and flirted with the boys. She even had a relationship with a student from the other school, the thing that Sungyeol couldn’t even imagine since Sunghee promised to herself to only have Myungsoo in her whole life. And Myungsoo? Well, he has become a very quiet boy since then, even quieter than Minho.

“I wonder what happened. It’s been two years but none of you want to talk about it every time I ask. Sunghee didn’t even want to tell umma, that umma has stopped trying.” Sungyeol said, only getting a nod from Myungsoo. He sighs and glances at Minho who just lifts his shoulders up, doesn’t even know what to do with this boy anymore. Even Minho has given up trying. He wants the old Myungsoo back, whom he befriended only for about a year, but nothing worked. That Myungsoo is definitely a lot better than this Myungsoo.

Myungsoo taps his friends’ shoulder as he sees his umma has come to fetch him. He gets up without saying even a word, then walks toward the car and takes a small glance to Sunghee over his shoulder.

Sungie, I never called the promise off. I wonder if you still feel the same over the past two years. Because, I know, my feeling hasn’t changed even one bit. I still love you, Sungie. And I still want you to be my bride.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N..........first chap is up!!^^

basically, that little Sunghee was 5 years old..

she is 2 years younger than the boys..and they are now all in highshool..^^

anyway, done with the explanations~~ hope you guys enjoyed reading..

do subscribe, and comments are loved!!^^