Tension in the Air.

Café of Gay.

Sekai; 660 words

 

It’s another normal day in the café, about three weeks after ‘The Great Slap’, as Tao fondly calls that special one-time incident. The guy and the tall guy and midget shadow guy never come back, and everyone’s nearly forgotten about the whole incident. Kai’s on one of his six macbooks searching up synonyms  for , Tao’s sulking in the corner because another one of his friends got a girlfriend, and Sehun, the guy who usually never comes in for work, is manning the counter.

 

And by manning, it means he’s looking over the counter to Kai at the near table and injecting new additions every few seconds.

 

Kai’s fingers fly over the keyboard, barely able to keep up with the rate Sehun’s spewing out the many alternatives to the simple word ‘’. Sehun leans further back in his chair, propping up his feet onto the dash.

 

“Hymen hammer. Yogurt slinger. Weapon of destruction. Deep-veined purple-helmeted Spartan of love.”

 

“Wow you’re amazing at this.” Kai whistles in awe. His eyes glance back to Sehun and he laughs a little. “Teach me your ways, master.”

 

Sehun shifts slightly and awkwardly chuckles.

 

Day 1: First encounter.” Tao whispers furiously from his small corner as he frantically types on his heavily garnished iPhone. “Lots of .”

 

The various little teddy bears and bells hanging from his phone clink and jingle as Tao manoeuvres the top of his phone over the counter so his camera isn’t blocked.

 

A sudden flash fills the room and Tao curses, retreating immediately to the safety of his hobo space.

 

“Tao.” Kai whines, twisting the upper half of his body to face Tao. This leaves Sehun with a very good angle of Kai’s side profile, all sharp jaw  and tanned, curved neck, and he inhales sharply, though that goes unnoticed by everyone else.

 

((but not tao))

 

“Turn the flash off when you take a selca. You know it ruins the lighting close up.” He pouts a little, acting cute.

 

“You. Are. Disgusting.” Tao throws his insults over the counter while secretly caressing the picture of Sehun looking fondly at an unknowing Kai. “Take your cuteness away and go dictate someone else’s life.”

 

Kai winks lewdly at Sehun and smirks. “Oh, I will.”

 

“Bleeeh. Gross. Go get a room, you lovebirds.” Tao maintains a calm demeanour while screaming internally. He turns off the flash of his phone camera and takes a few more pictures ninja-like to add to his collection of ‘sekai’, though still in its baby stages.

 

“Come on bro. Gimmie more names.” Kai waggles his fingers in front of Sehun’s face to get his attention, because the guy’s spacing out. Again.

 

“Oh. uh, womb raider. Meat Cigar. Russell the love muscle. Pennis the Menace. The Incredible Bulk. Uh...” Sehun his lips and tilts his head to the ceiling as he raids his mental library. Kai’s gaze darkens just a little as his eyes sweep over the beautifully arched neck and wet lips.

 

Tao’s lips form an ‘o’ and he snaps a couple more pictures and makes some more notes.

 

“Ah yes good.” Kai clears his throat and resumes typing.

 

Tao sighs and presses his forehead against the cool display glass. “All this .” He groans to himself.

 

“Tao stop mumbling to yourself you’re disturbing the glorious peace.” Kai chucks one of Sehun’s textbooks over the counter and it just brushes against Tao’s elbow as it crumples to the floor. Tao gasps and clutches the affected part, falling to the ground for good measure.

 

“I’m bored, you idots!” He whines, throwing the book back while Sehun helplessly looks on, hands reaching out pathetically for his battered book. “You guys are s. Pose outside shirtless or something maybe we’ll get customers.”

 

Kai’s typing stops. Sehun discreetly moves the rest of his books away from the near vicinity of Kai. Tao gasps and ‘oohs’ at his spontaneous, newfound idea and creates a new note.

 

“Fine. I dare you.”

************

ugh this is going nowhere where did sekai come from the little s

im sorry this feels really rushed i need to build up the setting more ugh i'll do something

my brain is hazy bc of the haze girl smoky girl smoky girl smoky girl

yas thank you to Eyme1307, goopeculiar, GottaLoveEm, and getlayed for upoting!

And thanks for commenting and subscribing!