Bangin' Asses.

Café of Gay.

Chansoo; 551 words.

 

The new customer flinches at the tinny bell and looks up in surprise for a second, then around at the interior of the café. Kai and Tao have their eyes firmly fixed on the new guy, quite blatantly, obviously, checking him out.

 

He’s short, just half a head shorter than Kai, beige, well-fitting jacket hanging off shoulders about the width of a girl’s. The coat flaps open to reveal a loose white singlet, showing a peek of smooth, white chest every now and then. Tight, maroon jeans cling to his well-proportioned legs and , perfectly showing off dat , as Kai fondly thinks. This boy, this unknowing, flawless, innocent-looking boy, is perfect.

 

“Hello?” He steps forward, and then suddenly someone appears behind him, a towering, dirty blond male more than half a head taller than Tao. They’re wearing similar clothing, Kai and Tao immediately realise, and the new customers are immediately marked down as the gay couple everyone wants but no one gets except for each other.

 

Kai feels his heart crashing into his well-polished, jewel-embossed designer women’s boots.

 

And Tao?

 

He doesn’t care. Not a single given.

 

The taller guy wraps his hand around the shorter’s arm, pulling close until they’re nearly a single body. Sickeningly close, too close for the comfort of anyone watching.

 

And now they commence their awkward walk to the counter, where no one knows where to look or put their hands. In this short time, Kai very wisely and sneakily chooses to erase all forms of art from the various boards surrounding his person. They are customers, after all, and it wouldn’t be good to scare potential long-term customers away, would it? Especially since one of them has a banging just there waiting to be looked at.

 

And, surprisingly, Kai has got one thing right in his life, because the couple keep on coming back every Friday afternoon and Sunday morning, week after week, month after month, ordering the same thing, a vanilla soufflé, cream cake, and a cup of coffee with milk and sugar, always to be shared between them. Their sweet giggles fill the café on those blessed afternoons, spoons clinking, hands entwining, lips meeting in brief, sneaked pecks when they thought Tao and Kai weren’t looking.

 

Kai and Tao always watch from the side, silently drawing together (because Kai’s managed to pass on the art to his disciple)) and occasionally, the shorter one’s . Tao christens those days where the short one wears tight pants as ‘-banging’ days.

 

And then, suddenly, on a raining Monday afternoon, the short guy bursts in, dripping wet, and stumbles to the counter, ordering a ‘sugar-free black tea’ in between sniffles. While Tao’s preparing the drink, looking suspiciously over his shoulder every now and then, Kai asks him, tentatively, if there’s anything wrong, but he just shakes his head and wraps his arms tighter around himself, as if trying to make up for a certain type of warmth that he never thought would leave, that was always there.

 

Tao shrugs as he passes the hot tea to Kai, and Kai to the short boy. He takes the drink with a nasally ‘thanks’ and makes his way to a table far away from his usual one.

 

And Kai decides to go talk to him.

************

woah i didn't expect that to happen omg 

im wheezing everywhere i cant breath im sorry if this was crap i feel ty r/n

Thanks so much to yunalite, xhania06, and Exotic-T for upvoting! 

And thanks to everyone for commenting and subscribing :D

krees out