The Pros of an Art Student

Café of Gay.

Warning: Mentions of .

Kaitao; 348 words.

 

Tao mechanically goes through the motions of slotting the cake slices inside the refrigerated shelf display case, distractedly checking the little amount of money they have inside the tip box. Everything is boring, nothing is new. Same old, day after day after months after semesters. Kai is still drawing on the board, hipster couple still going strong, the menu is still unchanged, the coffee still going for nine bucks a cup. Still no customers.

 

“Hah, this one looks like a cloud.” Kai guffaws to himself over by one of the tables at the front door and Tao is suddenly struck by how pathetic their lives actually are. He turns over a clean cup, glistening in the soft, romantic light, and clinks it onto the drying rack.

 

“Kai we need lives.” He firmly emphasizes, flinging a damp cloth at the -drawing boy when he doesn’t get an answer immediately. “Kai. Listen to me. Kai. Kai.”

 

“I’m listening, I’m listening. No wait I’m not, but look at this one, this one. It really looks like my this time. Tao look Tao look Tao look.” Kai giggles hysterically as he waves the board madly over his head so Tao can see it all the way at the counter.

 

“Kim Jongin you are an art major student studying in one of the best universities in Korea. Why are you spending your time drawing .”

 

“Why are you not?” Kai retorts, clutching his precious board close to his chest. “This is an art too, ok. Besides, I don’t only draw es, glorious as they are.” Kai’s pen flows quickly over the dirtied board, and then he holds it up to Tao proudly.

 

There's a moment of silence as Tao scans the sketch carefully.

 

“Why did you draw me? Oh my god, no. Go away, that doesn’t even look like me.” Tao throws another coffee-stained rag at the board with the quick sketch of his face on it.

 

Right as Kai’s about to draw Tao’s neck leading down to the lower and , the bell at the door tinkles and someone walks in. But it’s not the hipster couple. And it isn’t their boss either.

 

A new customer.

************

whoo somewhat not-really developed story plot going on!!1!!1 lol i have no idea where this is leading yeyz

im sick r/n and i don't know whats going on forgive me if this sucked (◡‿◡✿)

and thank u guise for subbing and commenting i really appreciate it :D