Something is Off

Forbidden Love

 

I’m sitting at home pulling mud and leaves off of my clothing and out of my hair since I got a little carried away and got some stuck last night.

I hear knocking at my door and I sigh, “Who is it?”

“It’s Jada I was wondering if i could stay in your room with you.”

“Yeah sure. Come in,” I shout out.

She opens my door with her small suitcase, “Where’s the rest of your things?”

“Oh they’re shipping them here. This is what I brought with me.”

I nod my head as I look at her too notice the choker with our packs crest then a small charm by it that says that she has a mate.

“How are you liking that so far?”

“Truthfully it scares me, but it also is relief since I know what I am, who I am, and that I belong somewhere.”

“It’s all new too you so the rest of the pack should help you with whatever you need. Also Baek should get over all of this soon. He’s just moody cause of the kick thing that happened last year.”

“Well he was a jerk to me,” Jada defends herself.

‘Well he is too about everyone. I think it’s just a slight problem with his attitude.”

“Oh, Jae Hwa what do you I tell people about my choker?”

“Oh we tell people it’s a present we give family and friends. Most people believe us or they simply ignore it. Only the pack leader and sometimes other pack members need to have this showing, but when you have a mate you must always have that charm showing. It’s to show the pack that you are taken. Too tell who’s in the pack well we all have a familiar scent, but they are all different.”

“I ran into a kid yesterday when we were entering your home and  he had a slight scent of you, but he was human.”

“Oh Suho. I granted him my favor. Which means that he is now a human ward of mine he just doesn’t know about it. it’s weird though since he understood my wolf voice.”

“He did?’

I look around and turn on some blaring music which makes my ears bleed as I pull her into my bathroom, “Yeah. I told him he had my favor and he heard me. I said a few other things and he seemed ot have heard it. I’m afraid too ask ym parents cause last time there was a human who was a mate they killed him even with our Ari and Ski legend.”

“What legend?”

I click a button that turns the music off and i pull out a small story book, “This. My parents used to read it too me all the time. It was what I looked forward too each day even if it meant bedtime. My father had changed the ending every time too a happy ending.”

I show her the page where it has a small sheet of paper taped to it.

“It’s because of this small change that I became the person that I am today. It’s my job as pack leader to make it so we can live peacefully among the humans. Even though last year it’s because of my pack that my father was killed.”

“I heard from Chanyeol, but he didn't’ tell me what happened.”

“It was after we returned from France. Some of the younger pack members were antsy and tired of being in human form so they shifted in the woods while some people were out camping. The campers got scared calling the police who do not know who we are like a very few humans. Since our pack is a peaceful one hunters don't bother with us.”

“Hunters?”

“Yes, there are hunters that hunt and kill us, but they leave this pack along as long as we stay peaceful. They had heard what happened to my father who had been shot by one of their men and we had forgiven them since their man was sent to prison for murder. He’ll be there for the next 20 years.”

“You are okay with this?”

“Yes, I’m pretty good at reading people so I know that they didn't know what he was doing here or that he had shot my father until it showed up on the news.”

He nods her head and I hear a knock at the door and remember that I still have tutoring.

“sorry Jada I got to go down stairs.”

I stop by a mirror to see that all the leaves and mud is gone from my hair and I sigh in relief as I quickly slip on a padded tank top over my white dress then slip shorts on under it then I somehow pull the dress off without harming it.

I open the door too see Suho standing there.

“Oh Joon Myun, you’re here early.”

“Sorry kind of got kicked out of my house something about how they are remodeling something in my room and I need to be gone for the day.”

“Well you are welcomed here.”

I sniff the air and smell something on Suho, “Suho are you okay?”

He looks at me shocked and rubs his head, “Sort of one of your guy friends kind of hit me on the way here and I guess I got hurt more than I thought I did.”

“Was it Mr. Cold Guy?”

He looks at me as he chuckles, “Yeah.”

“Come in and let me look at it.”

He nods his head and I look too see Jungsik glaring from the top of the stairs.

I shoot him a look and I hear his whimper.

I hear Jada shout something from upstairs.

“Jada get down here. If you are having issues.”

“Sorry we got another tenant to live with me here so it’s kind of busy.”

“Really?”

“Yea, a few months ago we remodeled the house so it can house up to 30 people. though downstairs was taken by 11 new girls that moved in with us. I think they went with my mom took them out shopping for furniture.”

“That sounds harsh.”

I shake my head, “No, not really. They had inherited money from their parents when they died and also they are having their belongings shipped here. It just hasn’t arrived yet. I said they shout have taken the top floor with me and sent my brother too the basement.”

“It seems you and your brother don't’ get along.”

“We don’t get along since he realized he was adopted. His parents died in a fire and since then he’s been the way he is.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it was a few years ago when him and my mom got in a fight. She said she should have let him stay in the orphanage. He was only 16 it’s been 6 years since then and he has yet too forgive her.”

“Do you?’

“What do you mean?”

“Well it seems your brother and you had a good relationship until that happened.”

“We did have a good relationship for a while then we stopped getting along. I blamed my mother for years until I stopped blaming anyone and simply figured it would be over with soon. That was 3 years ago.”

“So before we started talking about me let’s go back and look at your head.”

He nods his head slowly as I lead him too a stool and took at his head.

“That’s a slight scratch on your head or else you're fine.”

I take some cut alcohol from the cabinet and before I clean it I get a quick whiff of Kris’s scent on the cut, but something is off about it.

As I clean it I notice that his cut barely bleed even though it looks deep.

“Did it hurt when he smacked you?”

“A bit but it didn't’ hurt like it would usually.”

“Really?”

He nods his head.

“Well I’m going to give you some tylenol since we have 1 or 2 left and we really don't use it here.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it’s pretty rare for us to use anything of the sort here.”

My mother walks into the room too see me rummaging through the first-aid box and a human sits on our kitchen stool.

“What’s going on here?”

“Oh, mom this is Kim Joon Myun the one I’ve been tutoring with a few of the guys.”

“Well it’s nice too meet you, Joon Myun-ah, but I’d like it if you leave.”

I see Suho look at my mom while she’s staring at me.

I know my eyes started to glow telling my mom too back off since he’s my ward.

“Excuse me, Suho.” I hand him the tylenol, “Call for me if you get a headache or anything. Jada, where are you going?”

“Kitchen,” she tells me then shifts her head to the stairs where I see my brother.

I nod my head and remind myself too thank her later.

“What is it mom?”

“What is a human doing in my house?”

“This house belongs to the pack leader.”

She glares at me, “Alright. Pack leader, what is a human doing in this home?”

“He’s a friend of mine.”

“He seems to be more than that.”

“It’s cause he saved me when I broke my leg mom. I had my paw stuck in a pile of rocks if it wasn’t for him my injury would have been worse.”

“Do you not know who he is?”

I shake my head, “He’s a heir to the Ski family line.”

“What do you mean?”