Growing Up to Do

Forbidden Love

Your POV

When I was a kid my brother had a girlfriend… her name was Mei… She was a lovely girl from a pack from Japan, but her parents changed too our pack when their old leader died and a ruthless one gained control.

Their story too get here wasn’t that hard and neither was their story while they lived her until Mei started to date Jungsik and our parents and her’s had something to say about it.

Truly my father did not care knowing what was destined to be, but my mother didn’t think Mei was right for Jungsik when I saw what my father did they were perfect for each other.

Mei’s parents did not like my mother’s viewpoint of their daughter and of them for a matter of fact yet they were alright with Mei dating Jungsik as long as mother was kept in line.

They were very happy together but when mother started to act out not just towards Mei but Jungsik all hell broke loose on both of our families.

Jungsik started too angry but never abusive in a physical sense with Mei believing he’s far better than that, but still his anger drove Mei into a deep depression.

As Mei started too realizing that Jungsik wasn’t very helpful she left him and the pack too be on her own for a few years.

Mei’s leaving broke the camel’s back and Jungsik became the horrible jerk that he is too this day though it seems that he’s learning to be like his old self again.

So when I started to notice the difference in my brother I messaged her and told her that he started to straighten up his act

I told her to give it a few more weeks and that was last week when I spent the night talking with my brother about the good old days.

Jungsik had deleted all his playpals’ numbers saying that he doesn’t need them.

He had stopped drinking which I thought would take longer than 3 days.

No offence to the rest of the troublesome 12, but he stopped hanging out with them.

Well except Chanyeol, but I think that’s cause Chan is the most mature at the moment.

Chan is someone who has control of himself and that’s mostly cause when he met his mate everything clicked together and he started to grow up.

Sadly for the other 10 of the guys they are still not very well behaved at all.

All the guys have growing up too do even Chanyeol does, but he’s at a level that’s alright.

My brother who’s trying to better himself still has a way to go.

Yet I know that in truth no one is truly grown up.

No one ever ‘grows up’ we just become wiser in a sense.

 

I sigh when I hear knocking at my door as I close my journal and toss it into one of my drawers.

“Yeah,” I shout as Jada walks into my room.

“Hey, Jada what can I help you with?”

“”I just need a place to calm down. Chanyeol said something stupid and I started to shift and I smelled your lover boy.”

“Lover boy… Suho…?”

“And bingo was his nameo.”

I laugh at her as I shake my head, “There’s nothing between us.”

She gives me a look as she sits down on my bed, “Look I know that you probably don’t want to hear this but Suho really likes you and I think he’s the one for you.”

“Jada, I don’t need someone I have a pack too look after. I also can’t bring a human into this especially one with a connection too hunters.”

“So what if his uncle put whatever in his bag that doesn’t mean that he knows anything about our kind.”

“You don’t get it the people who want to be pack leader will use this to their advantage too try too get a hold of the pack and they’ll destroy everything that my father had created.”

She sighs as she looks at me, “So you will miss the chance of being happy with your destined one too protect what your father had created.”

I nod my head, “Yeah. I can’t let what he created be destroyed by people who want to get back at hunters for years of segregation.”

She scoffs, “You always talk about the boys needing to grow up since I met you when really you also need to grow up and pull your head out of your arse.”

“What?”

“You heard me. Listen for you to grow up you need to stop sacrificing everything you want for what’s best for the pack. You deserve happiness as well.”

I shake my head thinking of all the horrible things I’ve done in this life, “I don't’ deserve happiness my father is dead because of me. My mother doesn’t like me and all I do is fight with her about the control of the pack.”

Jada sighs as she plops herself ‘nicely’ on my bed and looks at me, “‘Nothing can always go as planned and we will always sin against something no matter what we do.’ Now who was the one that said that too me when I had realized that Chanyeol was my destined?”

I point too myself from my spot at my desk, “I did.”

“So what are you doing right now? Are you going against 1 of your own beliefs?”

“I guess I’m sinning against myself and my heart more than anything but I’m okay with that as long as the pack is safe.”

Jada screams in frustration well pulling at her hair, “What the hell is wrong with you? What happened too the girl that would fight everything that she didn’t agree with? Where’s the girl that had helped Chanyeol and me so we can stay a couple cause I’d love to talk to her.”

I don’t look at her until I feel an impact on my cheek and I finally look up at her shocked, “You just hit me.”

“Yeah, well welcome back to reality Jae Hwa.”

I laugh as the guys run into my room looking a bit worried too see Jada with messed up hair while I’m standing across from her with a red mark on my cheek.

Chanyeol looks at us and shouts, “What the hell happened here?”

Jada and I look at each other before we start laughing uncontrollably.

“What the hell happened? Have the 2 of you gone crazy?”

I look at the the guys as they stare at us purely confused and my brother is staring at me with a slight smile on his face.  

Jungsik looks at me, “It seems you’re a bit more lively than you have been.”

I look at him confused and he simply laughs and I hear the doorbell go off and I sniff the air…

“Ahh it’s Suho… Why is he here?”

I run down the stairs to see that Suho’s scent is covering another’s scent.

I carefully open the door to  see Suho, “What are you doing here today?” I try not to  sound mean or rude but it’s hard when I’m also trying to protect what there is of my pack.

“Ahh… Sorry, I found a woman down the street she seemed lost. I asked her where she was heading she mentioned your brother’s name. So I thought I’d help her.”

He moves too the side and I get a better whiff of whoever is behind him.

As the scent hits my nose I know that my brother smells it from his running footsteps.

“Unni… I thought you said you’d come later."

Standing there is a beauty that I hardly remember, my brother's ex, Chang Mei in a beautiful white dress with bows.

"Hi, Jae Hwa my how have you grown," she jokingly says to me with a slight sad smiel on her lips.





This is where I"ll end for now. 
Sorry i was hoping to update earlier but I was having trouble at work and fired last friday and the 19th was my birthday was I was a little hectic but I guess for a while I'll be more open to update hopefully.