Know Your Place

Forbidden Love

 

I jump down the stairs careful of my leg even though it’s healing process is far shorter than an average humans.

I look up at my mother and she gives me a look, “You remember what will be today?”

I sigh wondering if my mother thinks I’m stupid.

“Yes, I do and don't treat me like an idiot. I was the one that was able to figure out what happened after dad died.  I was the one who came up with a punishment for those who had an involvement when it came to our pack. i was the one who got the humans charged with murder. So dont’ treat me like I’m an idiot.”

my mother growls at me trying too make it so that I know my place, but that’s the thing today is the day that I come in charge of the pack and she will need to know her place.”

I can’t help but too growl back at her and she seems shocked by my action, but from the look on her face she seems to know her new place.

I stand up and look around wondering where the boys are.

I hear someone knock at the door and I can’t smell anything from under the door since they are seal pretty tight.

I open the door too see Suho standing there and I want to hit myself for forgetting that I invited him over too  study.

“Oh, Suho-ah,” I push him more on my doorstep as I take a step out of my house shutting the door behind me.

“Is everything okay?’

“Yeah, I’m sorry I forgot today isn’t going to be a good day too study.”

The look on his face twists something in my chest and i simply shout in my mind too get it too shut up.

“Yeah, , can I get the copied notes if you did them?”

I sigh knowing that it’s rude to leave him standing outside not counting dangerous at least inside I could keep a better eye on him… not mentioning my mom is mad at me.

I sigh as I open the door, “I’ll be right back.”

I take a whiff of the air and I realize that I made a mistake on letting him inside. Jungsik is home which means it’s going to get dangerous for Suho.

I race into my room and grab the pile of notes that I copied for suho and slide down the stair banister to reach below before it’s too late.

“Here you go sorry that you can’t stay,” I tell him quickly.

He seems to understand something is wrong so he leaves.

I hear a small growl and catch my brother by the throat before he reaches the door.

I place all his force back on him as I slam him into the wall, “What the hell are you an idiot?”

“What do you mean you let a human into our home?”

“I let him in because I’m polite and he’s my classmate that came over for some notes that I copied for him. You are the idiot that tried to attack a human in broad daylight going against pack laws. You know that we are not allowed to even hurt humans in self defense with our wolfie . Now go back to the quiet room or do I have to take you.”

“Why are you acting like you are the alpha?”

I smile cruel as I tighten my grip on my brother’s throat wondering what happened between us, “That’s cause as of tonight I will be the pack leader once I go through the Rights. So if I were you Jungsik learn your place before it gets you killed.”

I drop him on the ground and he starts to take in air since I had cut off his air supply.

“What are you 2 doing?” I hear someone yell.

I look up too see Kris glaring at me as he looks at my brother.

I smile at Kris, “Nothing just teaching someone his place in the pack.”

Kris tries too glare more at me, “He’s your brother.”

“So? Listen to me this once Kris the pack abides by the laws or else I may forget what I’ve done for a few in the pack and punish them for the laws they’ve broken.”

I watch as Kris’ body seems to stiffen at my statement since he knows that I had helped him when my father had died and how I forgave him, but that was before I found out Kris’ involvement.

“You wouldn’t,” he challenges.

I move quickly over to him taking his throat in my hold and slam him into the ground careful of the floorboard, “Try me.”

He tries to claw at my wrist but I simply take his hands and twist a few of his fingers in just the right way.

I hear Chanyeol shout at me and I sigh as I let go of Kris.

I stand up and brush myself off as I look over at Jungsik and Kris, “I’m not going to apologize because you two need to learn your place in the pack or else you’ll get yourself killed.”

I look at my watch to see the time, “We have until 7 too get too the grounds so if I were you.”

I look at my brother and the boys, “I know I’ve said this before but Suho and the other humans are not too be touched. Remember your mistakes of last year. You guys are too learn not to alienate yourself from the humans it makes you stand out too much.”

I turn too stairs and make my way to my room.

I sigh as I enter my room and realize that I have less than 4 hours until I’m announced leader of my pack.

 

I hear the rough housing end and I know that someone is downstairs.

I slip on my ceremony dress which is a simple shape shifting dress that’s black and in a small bag is a white one that I have to change into at the end in front of the pack.

I step downstairs to see that Baekhyun is on the ground with a handprint on his cheek.

I look over too see Chanyeol’s mate at the door seething and chanyeol trying to counsel her.

“Jada,” I call out to her.

When she looks up from the crying in pain boy she smiles, “Jae Hwa, it’s been too long.”

Chanyeol sees and sense the shift in his mates mood so he lets her go.

I hug Jada and look down at Baek in distaste, “Sorry still need to teach them a thing about matters and their place especially when it comes to other’s mates.”

“Who’s here mate?” Baek shouts as he stands up even though he looks like he’s in pain.

Jada and I point too Chanyeol who’s too busy looking at his mate instead of paying attention to the conversation.

Baek gets a look of betrayal so I speak up, “Baek you know that as wolves we do not choose our destined mate. Everyone has a destined one it’s just as we are we can feel the bond. Jada is Chanyeol’s destined mate.”

I look at the time and sigh in relief, “Now let’s get too the grounds for the ceremony. Oh Jada do you have a dress to wear you are part of our pack being Chanyeol’s pack. We’ll hold a ceremony for you too become part of it on the next full moon along with the new girls. Also has he marked you yet?”

She shakes her head, “No, I was a lone wolf since I was in an orphanage since a young age so I had no one ever taught me the rights of passages or about mates until I met chanyeol.”

“Well before our new leader is sworn in we are too welcome in our new pack mates. During the month I’ll teach you about mating and other laws and rights of being a wolf.”

“Really?”

I nod my head, “Of course. You are our family now and we'll do anything for family… Right boys?” the last part is growled out.

I hear a variety of conformations from them.

“Here I’ll get you a dress.”

“I think I have a grey dress that should fit you.”

“Grey?’

“Yes, when a leader is sworn in they are too wear black then change into white. The rest of the pack are too wear either black or white. When being sworn into a pack you are too wear grey.”

“Why do you have a grey one?”

“Cause you can wear them on regular occasions."

“How can you tell who's the alpha?”

“Well if the other wolves are listening to him or her. Also the aura around them, but for humans who work with us they tell by the crescent moon necklace, bracelet, or ring they wear.”

"What if multiple alphas meet and they wear them?”

“Oh we have our packs crest on each item. Everyone in the pack has some kind of jewelry that they wear that has our crest on it. Most of us own several to be truthful.”

We are finally on the sacred ground of our fathers' and mothers’.

We are all in our human forms until I tell them to shift.

I hear the eldest of the pack a man by the name of Jonghyun speak, “We are here today to welcome our new pack leader. she had reached womanhood just last year and I remember telling her father the past pack leader that she would one day take his place. She is here among us as a model wolf who knows and abides by the laws that have been placed upon us since the being of our people though some have been more enforced than before since we now in a world that is ruled by man. Now to welcome her into her place is her mother the acting pack leader.”

“Now, may my daughter, Myo Jae Hwa, now walk up here for we can start.”

I walk through a small opening made for me.

I reach my mother and she starts to have me sworn in by her and the elders.

When they are finished my mother says as she places the symbols of being the alpha on me.

She places the necklace around my neck, the bracelet is placed on my hand as my mother picks it up she places the newly made ring on my hand.

Then the elders come up too me with their special body paint.

My clothing is taken and they paint the rights of passage of becoming on my body.

I stand there and once it dries they take my white dress and help me into it.

“We now announce our new alpha, Myo Jae Hwa.”

I bow my head to my pack as a small wreath of flowers is place on my head. Flowers that are wild in this forest and stand for leadership.

“Thank you for being here today. Before we shift and run through the night we are too welcome our new pack mates. Even through tragedy we should welcome them into our hearts as one of our own.”

I watch as the 11 girls that are to be welcomed into my pack stand up and slowly kneel in front of me.

An elder with a new type of body paint walks up to me and I nod my head.

As I go through the small speech you make as I paint my packs crest on the girl’s arms and a circle symbolizes a full moon on their forehead.

When I finish I tell them, “Now rise and face your new pack mates. I announce you our new pack mates. Now let us shift and celebrate such a night.”

I hear howling as human shapes of all shapes and sizes start to change into wolves.

This is my home and these people are my pack I will protect them no matter what.

This is where my place is in my pack, I am the alpha and I’m too act as one.






Sorry i know it was a longer chapter with a lot happening. I also made Myo Jae Hwa pretty violent and angry in the begining an introduced Chanyeol's mate. So please tell me what you think so far