Mates and Such

Forbidden Love

Your POV

I stand there shocked looking at Mei like I had lost my mind, “What are you doing here, so early?”

She looks at me as she smiles, “I'm sorry, but I had to come as soon as I got your letter. I’m glad that I had decided to keep in contact with you. Jae Hwa, is he here?”

I nod my head as I move to the side, “He still needs time. What you did had hurt him.”

She looks over at me, “I know I packed up and left without saying goodbye. I even left my parents here. I shouldn’t have done that, but I couldn’t stand looking at him and seeing the person he was becoming.”

I sigh as I look at Suho, “Do you want to come in or are you going home, Suho?”

He looks between us, “I think I’ll take my leave. Just message me if you need anything.”

“I will thank you, Suho.”

I close the door and wait until I can no longer hear him too grab Mei’s shirt and throw her, “What the hell were you doing?”

Her face turns from innocent into something twisted, “Oh… You mean me playing with your human toy. I was curious when I smelt him when I was walking by so I thought I’d go find the scent. Who would have known that our almighty pack leader who have a human as her ward after how many years of not liking humans.”

“I have always loved humans and our kind. I wanted to make it so we all could live in harmony.”

“Is that what you’re saying, but when your father died you tracked that hunter and almost ripped his throat out didn’t you.”

I stop and look at her, “How did you know that?”

“Ohh… I was in the woods that night cause I heard the news so I was going to offer my condolences, and I find you hovering over that human.”

I scuff, “Wow, congrats you say me do something that was agreed upon between the hunters that he rolls with and my family. If 1 is too break the rules that is laid between us then they are to be killed by the leader of that ‘pack.’”

Jungsik I know is listening in on our conversation, but he’s hidden well enough with the boys that he’ll go unnoticed.

“So tell me, Mei… if you’ll let me call you that when are you going to shift your personality back? I mean you’ve been like this since you left right or do you have episodes where you’re back too being the old you.”

She freezes and I notice a shift in her and I smile, “Mei, you know I know how too fix that problem.”

It seems when I say that her personality switches too her real self, “Jae Hwa,” she falls into my arms crying.

“Jae Hwa, how can you stop her?”

I smile as I her hair, “It’s easy fix what caused it. It’s easier with us wolves than with humans.”

“Jungsik, come down here,” I call.

I hear a cursing sound as he is pulled down the stairs by the boys, “Jungsik… what you did the night before Mei left is unforgivable and you are too fix what you had done.”

He nods his head as he walks over to her to rest on his knees, “Mei, I’m sorry that I had done such a forceful thing. Please forgive me. I will love and care for you like a proper mate so if you’ll take my hand I promise to make you happy for the rest of your life.”

She looks at him and in his hand he’s holding a box with a ring that he bought a little before she left. Though he had gone a bit crazy after fighting with mother and that night he had almost her without asking for her hand, for her to be his mate. That caused her personality to split so she wouldn’t have to deal with that information.”

I smile at the 2 of them as I stand there watching them, but I’m mostly watching Mei for a shift in her personality. I don’t see one as she looks at Jungsik, “Yes, I’ll take your hand. I’d love to be with you forever.”

I smile remembering that all of Jungsik’s are to be dealt with before Mei finds out about that.

Still this will be a long few days.

“Okay, so if the 2 of you will go through with this. I’ll have to approve and send the 2 of you to the place for such an act.”

Mei looks at me confused, “Huh, why would you have to approve?”

I chuckle, “I’m the pack alpha now so it needs to go through me to allow the mating since we wolves mate for life.”

She smiles slightly, “It seems that I have missed a lot. Still I did not know that we had to go through the pack leader to be mated?”

I nod my head, “Yes, it’s cause the leader and a few others can sense if the bond is real or if it’s just lust.”

 “Ahh that makes sense… So what do we need to do. We need to hold a ceremony on a full moon which sadly isn’t for another month.”

“OKay… Umm… Jae Hwa, can we talk in private?”

“Yeah, sure,” I answer.

I let her take my arm and pull me into what we call the conference room since it’s the only sound proof room in the house.

We close the door as she says, “I have something to say so don’t think I’m crazy please.”

“What is it, Mei?”

“I think that kid the 1 that brought me here when I was my other self is your life mate.”

“He’s not. He can’t be he’s human that’s never happened before.”

“Well not since Ski and Ari.”

I sigh hearing that name once again, “I’m tired of hearing about those 2.”

“Well they were real. I think you’re family has a picture that’s been passed on for generations.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, your father should have passed it too you last year.”

I stop to think and it hits me the notebook that has too be it.

“Thanks, Mei. You can go out too see Jungsik if you’d like. Just don’t say anything about this until it’s proven.”

She nods her head as she walks out of the room.

I slip down at the head seat of the table that has a drawer used to store documents for meetings that I had stashed the notebook in.

I look at it until I hear a knock at the door so I slip it back inside before opening it.

I look too see Jada looking worried.

“What is it?”

“It’s Suho and Chanyeol, they’re in the hospital.”

“What?”

“I don’t know all I got was a call from Chan telling me that. He said he couldn’t get ahold of you.”

“Oh yeah… cell service doesn’t work in here.”

I jump up as I race out of the room to see that I had all kinds of messages from Chanyeol about being the hospital and he’d explain when I get there.

I feel something become tight in my chest as I run outside too my car. Jada follows me and we race to the hospital too see Chan and Suho.  

I enter the hospital and find Chan and Suho’s scent running towards it.

When i get there I find Chanyeol looking pretty beat up and I look around, “Chan…. Where’s Suho?”

He points to the room and I look at it, “What happened?”

“That’s what we’d like to know, wolf?”

I don’t freeze up as I turn around, “What did you call me?”

I see an older woman with a man I think I know them as the hunters that live in this town, but they gave up that life, but the man still hates us harshly.

The man growls out more wolf like than the average human, “I called you a wolf especially a dirty one like you. My nephew shouldn’t be around your kind.”

I groan as I look at him trying not to laugh, “Are you ing kidding me? We are passed those days and your nephew has the right to choose whoever he wants. Unless I ask him to start killing animals and eating them with his own hands… No, wait that was never our family that was your own too make mine look bad.”

His wife laughs a bit as she nods her head, “She’s right you know. They haven’t done anything bad and all Jongmyun does is talk highly of her… You are Miss Jae Hwa, correct?”

I nod my head, “Yes, I am. I’m Miss. Myo Jae Hwa Leader of the Jido pack.”

She smiles as she pulls sticks out her hand, “It’s nice too meet you before the annual meeting next week. Especially since we haven;t met with the new leader of the Jido pack. It’s an honor.”

I smile trying to hide the feeling in the back of my mind saying not to trust this lady being related to Suho or not.

I take a deep breathe, “Mrs… Kim it’s nice to see you since your family had murdered my father and put the blame on just the person who was sent to do it.”

She seems to be caught off guard as she recovers leaning over to face me, “Do you have anything to prove that?”

“Yes, a recorded confession when I was questioning the man. What would the counsel think if I brought it to them?”

She freezes as she looks at me, “That would be murder for our entire clan.”

I look at her as I say, “NO it would just be cruel punishment for those who were mentioned in the video… I think the 2 of your names are in it.”

“What of our nephew and my sister?” the man asks me.

I look at her, “They have nothing to do with any of our worlds except being related to you and being friends with us. So they’d have no punishment or anything to do with the counsel unless it’s proven that they had any contact with you about the betrayal of the treaties we have in motion here in Korea, Japan, and China between us shapeshifters and you hunters.”

“Your father was going to betray us.”

I scuff as I look at her, “My father wasn’t going to betray you. He wasn't going to help your family take over half of Korea that’s left before we are destroyed as a nation. So he was going to step down but not before reporting you too the counsel.”

They look at me as I decide to ignore looking at Jada and Chanyeol, “We’re going to have too talk to Suho.”

I look over too see some of the more trusted members of the pack walk over to me, “What is it I heard Channie is here?”

“That’s why I’m here to figure everything out.”

I sigh as I open the door too see Suho looking frail.

In my heart I finally admit to myself that Suho has too be my mate… I wonder if he feels anything for me.

I sigh in relief when I come face to face with him opening his eyes to see him smiling like an angel.

I shut the door with only Chanyeol and Jada in the room as I jump onto the bed careful of Suho and him being hurt.

“Suho, what the hell happened to you?”

He chuckles as he pulls up my face too come face to face with Suho’s smiling face.

Coming face too face with my destined that I can never be with cause we are from 2 different worlds.

Completely differently lives that if either of us were introduced too our entire ‘family’ 1 or both of us would die.

Though he is my mate, my soul mate and I have no idea what to do.