Step Four

10 Steps To Hear: You're Mine ♥
four.
_______________________________________________________________________________

I put my arm over my eyes to cover the light. I wanted to close my eyes for a few minutes but it seems that the sunshine isn’t letting me rest. I was lying in one of the benches that were dispersed across the school field. My ears heard some shouts of the boys who were playing football. Birds chirped in the branches of the small tree that was next to me and the wind blew my hair, along with a few leaves that crawled across the floor. Ah, now I'm too lazy.

I pulled the arm of my eyes and hit my foot on the ground, a little irritated. How can I rest, if I hear all this noise? Aish. I sat on the bench and sighed. I passed my hands through my hair lining it and taking a few strands of my face. Why my hair is also stubborn today? Aish definitely today isn’t my lucky day. I opened my backpack and pulled out a book that I was reading recently, it even seemed interesting. I admit I'm a bit weird when the topic is about books.

“______.” I heard my name being called and in my peripheral vision I saw a person sitting next to me. The wind brought his scent and I immediately knew who it was. Alex. I avert my eyes from the book, which I hadn’t even begun to read, and looked at him. "Shall we walk today?" He asked excited and I just shook my head in response. He folded his arms, looked straight ahead and said nothing more. Seconds later in silence, I looked where he was looking and saw the girl from the other day, whom I had seen in the library. The one who was drooling at Zelo. I then looked at Alex and I saw that he didn’t looked away from her. Wait, is that..

“Alex..” I called him, wagging a bit his arm but he didn’t move a millimeter. Oh, it seems I'm right. "Oh, I've seen that, that girl.." I pointed with my chin towards the girl. "It's the girl that you like." I gave a slight chuckle and he turned his face away when he heard what I said.

“Ani.. Ani..” He shook his head and I gave another chuckle. He can’t lie, just like me. It seems that even the friends have identical things. “Aish, ______.” He grunted and got up from the bench.

"Yah, where are you going?" I asked, closing the book and he looked around and put a finger on his lips.

"Shhhh.. I don’t want her to see me." He said in a low tone and I raised an eyebrow. What’s the reason for him not wanting her to see him? He noticed my inquisitive face and shrugged. "I'm not neatly dressed today." He pointed to his uniform, which was like all the other boys' uniforms. With that, I started laughing and he rubbed his bare neck. "Aish, you are really outrageous. I'm leaving." He said stepping back with his feet on the floor, leaving me laughing alone. Oh, he later will ask me for advices. Wait and see, that will happen.

Minutes later, my laughter stopped, and I kept the book in my backpack. I had lost the appetite to read. I put the backpack on my back and walked up to the girl. As it wasn’t surprising she was with the laptop on her lap and was watching a video of Zelo.

"Zelo oppa, why are you an amazing person?" She asked to the computer and I rolled my eyes. The girl shouldn’t have the notion that looked like a manic when she was speaking alone at the computer. She began writing Zelo on the computer and I nudged her shoulder. She adjusted her glasses on her nose and looked at me. When she indeed saw who it was her eyes widened. “O.. Omo.. You’re Ze.. Zelo’s girlfriend..” She stammered and closed the video that she was watching with trembling fingers. I got on my knees, and her curious eyes stopped on mine.

"Yes, I'm Zelo’s girlfriend but don’t worry." I smiled widely at her and her eyes blinked a few times. "I’m a normal person, just like you." I said and she nodded slightly without realizing the reason of this dialogue. "I know that you like Zelo, and no, I'm not jealous so you can continue doing what you were doing." I pointed to the computer and she nodded a second time. "You know, I think we will be great friends." I gave two pats on her shoulder with a sincere smile on the lips and then got up.

“Unnie..” She called me and I stopped walking and looked at her. By her uniform, I saw that she was younger than me. She was a junior and I a senior. "Why are you being friendly with me?" She asked placing a strand of hair behind her ear. I sense that she’s nervous and I sense that she probably doesn’t have many friends. Unfortunately, many people from my school repair more, in the aspect of the person, than the feelings.

"I'm just being myself." I said shrugging my shoulders and then something popped into my mind. "Oh, what do you think of the name 'Alex'?" I asked with the index finger pointing to nowhere in particular. She shook her head and smiled slightly.

“I like it.” She gave a small laugh and I joined her. “Wae?” She asked curiously.

"Oh, nothing." I shrugged. "Well, I have to go now. Take care of yourself." I waved to her and she did the same. I walked away from her and sat down again on the bench. Ah, now I feel better. Looks like I did a good deed. I lay down again on the bench and felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. Perhaps it’s Alex. I looked at the screen but the person who was calling me wasn’t Alex but rather Yongguk. This means something, it means, fourth step. After a few seconds looking at the screen, I answered.

“Yeoboseyo.” I answered, still lying on the bench.

"______-ah, I don’t have much time, so listen carefully." I heard his deep and low voice on the other side of the line. Incredibly, there was no background noise. I said nothing and he continued talking. "Fourth step: Write him a poem." He said the fourth step and I joined my eyebrows.

“A poem?” I asked and he coughed in response. "A poem of what?" I asked. “Of love?” I made another question. I needed to know specifically what I had to do.

"Oh, yes. A love poem." He said, and I realized he was trying to control his laughter. "Delivery it to me, and then I give it to Zelo." He said and I heard a honk in the background. "Then I will give you what he wrote. It's kind of an exchange of messages, such as the lovers, in the old days did." He said and I looked at the sky. I'll have to actually write the poem? Oh what a shame.

“Ok.” I said sitting down on the bench and taking out my notebook of the backpack. I took out a pen of my pencil holder.

"Deliver it to me, when you're done. I'm in a black car near the gate of your school." He said and then hung up the call. I shook my head in disapproval. What they are willing to do because of one simple step. Well, I can’t do anything, they are doing this because they want to. I shook my head, taking away any thought of my head, and stared at the white paper in front of me. Instantly, the pen began writing down on the paper, filling it with my feelings.

****

'Zelo, I don’t know how this feeling arose in my heart. This feeling makes me think only of you. This feeling makes me only have eyes for you. I love being by your side. I love all our moments. I love it when you caress my cheek or other part of my body. I love it when you wipe my tears and say soothing words. I love when you care about me.

I want to thank you for this feeling that is so strong. I want to thank you for doing that a smile always appears on my lips when I see you. I want to thank you for reciprocate to this so beautiful and boundless feeling.

Choi Junhong, thank you for existing and brighten my life with your wise smile and your beautiful feeling. This feeling that you feel for me.'

****

I closed my eyes and pressed the little paper on my chest. I just hope he takes seriously what I wrote because what I wrote, came from the bottom of my heart. I opened my eyes slowly and folded the paper. I grabbed the backpack and walked up to the school gate. In fact, a black car was parked right in front of the school gate. I approached the car and Yongguk opened the glass a bit.

"Sooner, I'll give you Zelo’s answer. Now I have to go because we have to rehearse." He said and waved at me, closing the glass to not be recognized. I stepped away a bit of the ride and the car disappeared from sight in a flash. I looked at the sky and decided to go home. My classes had ended for some time now, but I was in school because I had nothing better to do. I started walking to my house as some song was humming in my mind. What will he answer? Will he not answer? Will he send a blank piece of paper? Oh God, why can’t I stop thinking about it? I opened the door of my house and closed it, then I walked slowly to my room. It was still early so my parents weren’t at home. I stared at the ceiling and closed my eyes for a few seconds, eventually falling asleep.

 

****

I woke up with the buzzing of my phone vibrating in my pocket. I picked up the phone and read the message feeling lazy. The sender was Yongguk.

 

Yongguk: 'I left the paper that Zelo wrote in your mailbox.'

 

This was the only thing that the message said. Hmmm.. Wait.. I read the message again and stood up abruptly from the bed and ran to the front door. I opened it hurriedly and ran again up to the mailbox. I opened it and saw that indeed there was a small paper. I closed the mailbox, I pressed the paper into my chest and walked to the front door. In a breath, I shut the front door and took a few quick steps to my room. I sat on the bed and I felt like my heart was going out of my chest of so hard it was beating. I swallowed a few times and slowly opened the paper, reading the perfect letter of Zelo.

****

‘______-ah, thank you for the words that you wrote and above all, thank you for the feeling that you have filled, in that small but important paper.

I also don’t know how this feeling called love emerged. A person will never have answers to the questions when it comes to love. ______-ah, I also want to thank you for everything. I know that maybe I’m repeating what you wrote but I can’t do anything about it. We both feel the same. We both feel this feeling well aware in our hearts.

I know that I'm not a very present boyfriend. I know that sometimes I seem very naive, but I'm sure how I feel about you.

I want to stay with you. I want to share my good and bad things with you because I know you'll always be there. I want to open my arms and feel your arms embracing me. I want to have a future with you. I know we're young but believe in what I'm writing right now because it’s the purest of the truths.

Gomawo, for showing up in my life. I don’t regret anything that happened between us because you are my only happiness and my pride.

______-ah, saranghae.’

****

A big smile appeared on my lips and I lay down in bed. I was in the clouds and my ears could hear the 'thump, thump' of my heart, while my mind kept repeating over and over what he had written, 'saranghae.'

 

Fourth step:

Who knew that writing a poem could be so beautiful and sentimental?

Zelo, saranghae.

_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 

Woahhh.. Mian for the big chapter, I was inspired eh eh!

Guys.. THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR THE VOTES AND COMMENTS ♥