Love and In Love

Minus a Month
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***A/N: Before reading this next chapter, I suggest watching this little clip from Mnet on July 12, 2012.  This was actually the clip that inspired this whole story and my conviction that at least one arguement ensued over this obvious flirtation between Hyungsik and Ryeowook...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEECeUGZuS0&list=PL2A95092EEF51EF75&index=163.***

 

            I took my time getting ready in the morning, making sure that I looked better than usual—and as is I take great care to look good on a daily basis—so I looked adorable by the time I walked out of the bedroom.  When I reached the living room, most of the upstairs occupants were sitting around and turned their heads to look at me, far too interested in seeing me up and about than they should have been.

            “Wookie!” exclaimed Donghae excitedly.

            “Good morning!” Kangin greeted with a grin.

            “How did you sleep?” Henry asked me.

            I laughed in amusement.  “I’m not making breakfast for you guys.  Nice try,” I informed them.

            “What?” Donghae asked, heartbroken.

            “Kyuhyun text me this morning to tell me he wanted to make me breakfast…just the two of us.  Min, Jongwoon, and Hyukie all went out to eat so that we could have the apartment to ourselves.  Sorry,” I said, giving them a sympathetic smile.

            Leeteuk looked out from the kitchen.  “Don’t feel bad,” he told me.  “I’m already making waffles.  They just held some hope you’d take over for me since they like your food better.  You two have a good time.  I hope you have the chance to talk things out a bit.”

            I smiled at my most understanding hyung.

            “Are you sure you should eat something Kyu makes while you two are fighting?” Kangin warned.  “You know how vengeful he is.”

            “He’s completely -deprived right now,” Donghae whined.  “I’m sure that he’s trying as hard as he possibly can to make it delicious.  I’d probably even like his cooking right now.”

            Ah, how accurate they can be sometimes.  “I’ll see you guys later at the performance.”

            I headed downstairs immediately, wondering how Kyuhyun was faring, and unlocked the door to find pleasant smells and the radio playing in the background.  I headed into the kitchen and Kyuhyun clearly didn’t hear me come in yet.  He was standing with his back to the door, monitoring the omelet that was sitting in the pan cooking and the hash browns in another.  Again, he’d pulled out all the stops and had on his tight dark-blue jeans, the kind that hugged his and thighs just right and automatically threw my thoughts into the gutter.  How did he manage to do this to me still after all this time?  Shouldn’t a person get used to it at some point and become immune to it eventually?  Damn. 

            After flipping the omelet, he reached into his pocket to pull out his phone, looking to see if I’d contacted him recently.  “I’m here already.”

            His head turned towards me and he smiled so affectionately, I almost jumped him right there.  I know he was only making breakfast to earn brownie points but what he didn’t know was that I was more likely to cave after the dreams I had of him the night before than because he was making me breakfast.  To make matters worse, he had total bedhead and was wearing his glasses since he hadn’t begun to get ready for the day yet.  You don’t know how bad I wanted to rip those frames off him and kiss him senseless.  I’d made the mistake of admitting to him that I thought he looked y in his glasses when we were just lounging around the house and he’s been using that bit of knowledge to his advantage ever since.  I had to count to ten in my head and stand perfectly still until I had control of my impulses again.  As is, I still walked over to him and gave him a peck on the lips.  And he somehow managed to behave and didn’t try for more.  Kind of bummed me out, actually.

            “Good morning,” he said, his voice still a touch lower than normal from waking up.

            “Morning,” I said, heading over to the refrigerator to get juice and milk.  I know he was the one cooking for me, but I couldn’t just stand back and not help.  At least setting the table would keep me busy for a moment.  “Sleep well?”

            “No,” he said, smiling to himself as he slid the omelet onto the plate and began cracking more eggs.  “You?”

            “Well, Heechul’s bed is far more comfortable than Donghae’s couch, so I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow,” I confessed.

            “I can only imagine he puts his beauty sleep high on his priority list and bought some insanely expensive mattress,” he said, continuing to concentrate hard on his cooking.  It was adorable how hard he tried sometimes.  “I cut up some fruit for you too.  It’s in the blue container.”

            “Did you go grocery shopping?” I asked.

            “Yeah,” he admitted, blushing.  “We didn’t have anything healthy in the house that wasn’t spoilt, so I went out the other day and stocked up.”

            That was one area in which he was always thoughtful.  Almost every day on his way home from Radio Star or wherever else he ended up, he’d call or text and ask me if I needed anything from the store, even if he had no intention of stopping himself.  But, since I’m the main cook in the apartment, I usually do the brunt of the shopping myself so that I have the right ingredients for my recipes.  I bet you Kyuhyun would have a good idea of what I’d need if I ever sent him by himself though, since he’s had to pick up so many items over the years.  I returned to the fridge and pulled out my fruit and grabbed the butter.

            He piled hash browns on the plate with the omelet and then walked it over to the table.  “Do you want another one?” he asked, looking down at me as I arranged the table.

            “No, that’s good.”

            When he lingered at the table a moment, I glanced up at him.  He was staring at me.  “What?”

            “You look really good today,” he said before turning around and heading back to the counter.  “You better eat that before it gets cold.  I can finish grabbing anything else you need.”

            I smiled at his compliment, fully expecting him to notice at some point but not necessarily point out how I looked.  I sat down and began to dig in.

            “Do you want toast?”

            I shook my head.  I tried my damnedest not to indulge in too many carbs these days.  Although I burn far more calories than I did as a chubby little kid by logging in so many hours of dance practice and working out, I’m still traumatized by all my classmates making fun of me years ago.  Don’t get me wrong, I love food—that’s why I’m such a phenomenal cook—but I’m never going to overdo it again and gain weight.  And I honestly prefer to be petite.  I like my husband being taller and stronger and bulkier than me.  Don’t get me started on my little fantasies though, or we’ll never finish this story.  Whew!  Anyway…

            “I should probably warn you, you broke the hearts of all our hyungs upstairs by making breakfast for me.”

            Kyuhyun grinned.  “Then maybe they shouldn’t have complained about our little romantic scene outside the door last night.”

            “And here I thought you were trying to woo me.  All you were after was revenge,” I teased.

            “Just happens to be convenient that I can accomplish both while doing one thing,” he said, adding ingredients to his omelet.  “But is it working, that’s the question?”

            “Well, it’s definitely a step in the right direction.  And it tastes delicious,” I admitted.

            “I learned from the best.”

            I thought about that for a moment.  “I didn’t teach you to make omelets.”

            Kyuhyun smirked.  “You’re right.  Sungmin taught me once while you were out of town and I was whining about not having anything to eat.”

            I playfully narrowed my eyes at him.  “You like his cooking better?”

            “No…just his eggs.”

            “Brat.”

            He finished preparing his omelet and then joined me at the table, sitting across from me.  We were quiet for a short while as we ate and I was thinking of the day ahead when he started talking.  “I’ve never fallen out of love with you, you know.”

            “Hmmm?”  I was still munching on a mouthful of food.

            “What you wrote in the letter…I’ve never fallen out of love with you…but I realize that I wasn’t paying you any attention at the time and I’m sorry.  I understand why you said you were feeling lonely.  I’ve been very busy lately and although I don’t feel any less for you, I had so much going on, I didn’t think of how you felt about it.  I can’t claim that my life is going to slow down anytime soon but I do promise not to forget you need me too.  And I always need and want you, I swear.  You’ve been with me all this time and sometimes I take for granted that you’ll always be there,” he said, clearly having taken some time to think over his words before speaking.  “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter