Chapter Seven

The Start of an Experimental Relationship

 

“Oh…you still look the same. Do you miss me and Shi Shi? Cause we definitely missed you To To and of course I will forever be missing my Zelo,” I saw Yongguk cooed towards my rabbit.

I stood frozen outside the door with my eyes wide. What did he mean by ‘you still look the same’? And who is Shi Shi? I gripped the door handle even harder as I continued to watch Yongguk coo at To To.

I took a deep breath to calm myself before deciding that I should reveal myself to him. Just as I began to edge forward a loud ring tone interrupted him, causing me to roll back onto my heels, staying hidden behind my door. Yongguk placed To To back onto the bed and pulled out his phone and after checking it, he brought it to his ear. I leaned forward to listen better curious on what made him pulled on a cold expression.

“Wh-what?!” he stated incredulously to his phone.

“No…Y-you were meant to watch…I understand…” he sighed deeply as he pinched his nose bridge.

“Yes, alright, do what you can.” I winced slightly as he spoke coldly.

“No, why would I? Alright, bye,” he said hoarsely as he hanged up.

After shoving his phone back in, he let one hand rest on his head while pinching the bridge of his nose and sighed tiredly. I was unsure if I should walk in as the conversation made me confused. My attention was brought back to him when he dragged himself to my bed and sat down.

I decided to enter than as so many question raced through my mind. He looked up at me with a smile but I could see panic screaming from his eyes.

“Yong-“

“Zelo, I’m sorry but I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow at school,” he interrupted as he stood up and gently pecked my lips before disappearing out of my door. I stood there stunned at what happened.

I clutched my fist as I could feel myself trembling. I felt fear as loneliness plagued me, bringing strange memories of a familiar muffled voice calling for me back. I loss count of how many times I would dream those horrible nightmares of that man.

Empty bowls and glasses caught my eyes as I started to make my way to it, hoping that maybe cleaning would push that voice in my head away. I placed the dishes gently on the tray before lifting it from the table.

My trembling hand caused one side of it to slip as a cup tumbled from it. I quickly leaned forward trying to catch the glass cup, instead it smashed into the corner of my table, flinging bits of glass everywhere. One of the pieces managed to embed itself deeply into my outstretched hand. I let out a small painful yelp as I quickly placed the tray back onto the table before I could drop it as well. I collapsed onto the floor with my hand cuddled near my chest. I whimpered as I forced myself to inspect the wound. Luckily it was just a big piece and not many small ones.

I didn’t bother calling for my parents as I didn’t want to disturb them as they were probably in their room watching another of my mum’s movie for their bonding time. I pulled myself slowly up and made my way to my bathroom. I ran my hand under cold water hoping that maybe the burning sensation would go away.

I bit my bottom lip hard, to prevent a scream as I roughly yanked out the piece of glass from my palm. I panted heavily as I dropped the piece into the sink. Shakily, I slid the mirror cabinet in front of me open so that I could get the first aid kit. I groaned in frustration when I noticed that it was empty.

My hand kept slipping as I tried to turn off the tape before stumbling my way to the dirty laundry basket. I grabbed one of my worn black shirts and wrapped it messily over my bleeding hand and walked unsteadily out of my room. Roughly, I pulled on a jacket and cap before I grabbed my wallet and phone, shoving it into my pocket.

I decided to purchase a first aid kit from the local pharmacy that was beside the convenience stores down my street. I quietly sneaked out of my house as I tugged my jacket even tighter around me. My injured hand started to shake more violently as I could feel the shirt getting wetter as it absorbed my blood. I could feel my injured arm growing weaker by the second but I ignored it as I continued to force my body to put one foot in front of the other.

After a while, I could see the shopping buildings ahead. I gritted my teeth as I realised that only a little bit more and I would reach my destination. Just as I reached the first building, a cold shiver ran up my body making me froze. My eyes widen in fear when I just realised that I was alone. I gulped as I brought my uninjured hand up to pull my cap down over my head in hopes that it would hide me.

I wanted to turn around and run back home to the protection of my house but the way my injured arm felt like it was being cooked in a raging fire made me continue to walk. Just a little bit more, just a little bit more and I could go home. Just buy the first aid kit and go home. With that thought in mind I tugged the collar of my jacket and set a swift pace towards the pharmacy.

I panted heavily as I could feel every breath I took drain from my body. I glanced uneasily at everything around me, at the people who would stare at me with scornful gazes to anything that emitted light, to the cars that drove pass and to the birds that flew overhead.

I tried to hide myself as I would walk in the shadows along the sides of the footpaths, jumping at every sound. I was stupid to think that maybe I could have wandered out on my own just because I didn’t feel that much fear when I walked with my friends, outside for the first time in three years.

My vision began to blur as I felt tears pouring from my eyes by the time I made it to the store, my body was screaming at me that it was ready to collapse. I could feel my body tensing every time I took a step with perspiration that was dripping down my face. My feet felt like lead as I dragged myself hopefully towards the aisle that would hold the first aid kit.

I let out a shakily breath of relief when I found it. I grabbed the dark green box quickly and almost ran to the counter. I shoved my uninjured hand into my pockets and managed to grab a few notes from my wallet as I timidly placed it on the counter beside my purchase, after making sure that it was enough. I grabbed the packaged when the lady had collected the money and gave a quick bow before bolting out of the doors. I ran down the street as fast as I could, not noticing how the blood dripped from cloth, leaving a trail of blood behind and how my body was struggling for breath.

By the time I reached the front door, I was sobbing hysterically as I continually tried to shove my key into the lock. After several times I managed to do so and fell in, landing brutally against the floor. I rolled over on my back and kicked the door closed, forgetting about my parents upstairs. I pulled my legs into my chest, curling into a fetal position as I crossed my hands over my chest and began to crawl at it, hoping that to lessen the pain of suffocation.

“Please…please go away….no more….please…” I screamed breathily as images of faceless people laughing haunted me.

I continued to whimper and plead for him to leave me alone, but he would just chuckle cruelly at me before he kept taunting me.

“Pathetic…” he said to me.

“How should I kill you?” he mocked me.

“What a , wanting me to do you so bad…” he torn me.

“STOP! STOP IT! NO MORE! I DON’T WANT THAT, PLEASE STOP!” I wailed as my hands scratch the sides of my face, wanting to push away his voice.

I had forgotten my wound as I didn’t notice I was smearing blood over my face because of how wet it is from my tears.

“Zelo? ZELO!” I heard a distance panic cry.

I weakly tried pushing away whoever was touching me as my body trembled with fear. It was only when I felt myself pulled tightly into a hug that I realised it was my father with my mother beside me.

“I’m sorry dad…I’m sorry….”I whispered as I clutch desperately to him.

“Why? Zelo? Why couldn’t you just call for us?” my parents asked as they gently helped me move to the couch.

I could only look at my feet in shame as my mother sat beside and my head comfortably while my dad had gone to fetch the first aid kit.

He stayed kneeling in front of me as he treated my wound while my mother had taken a wet cloth and began to clean up as much blood as she could on me. After a while, I could feel the emotional strain from it as my eyes started to droop.

“Shhh…go to sleep honey….you don’t need to go school tomorrow…” I heard my mother whisper softly to me as I gave her a weak nod before letting myself be pulled into unconsciousness.

~

I was panting heavily as I ran through a dark park as the feeling of fear grew bigger with every step. A lone door stood in the middle of the park with nothing more that its frame. I grabbed the handle and opened it, slamming it shut when I was safely inside. I leaned against the door, breathing heavily.

I heard a familiar chuckle as I spun around, terrified. Taking cautious steps, I explored the room. There was another door on the other side, with an old bed where pieces of rope was littered on it. But when I looked closer, I could see how the red bed cover was from it absorbing blood. My blood.

I gasped as suddenly I found myself on the bed with my limps tied to each post. I could only slightly bend them, other than that I could not move.

“My…my…look how precious you are,” a voice snarled beside one of my ears.

I squeezed my eyes shut and whimpered as I could feel a cold blade run along my arms. There wasn’t a lot of pressure apply as I could feel no blood dripping. After almost trailing all over my body, the blade was replaced with hands.

I could feel his body pressed up against mine as he felt me while breathing heavily. I didn’t dare look at his face or react in fear that he would do something much worst. He dug his nail into the upper parts of my arms, causing me to let out a struggled scream before he slammed his lips forcefully onto mine. My lips stayed unresponsive as he continued to ravish my body.

Suddenly he grabbed my face harshly where part of his hand was squeezing my neck. He turned my head to the side where I spotted a digital camera.

“You wouldn’t mind if he saw all of this do you?” he questioned sarcastically to me as he brought his mouth back to mine.

~

I sat up panting as my clothes were sticky from my perspiration. I thought back to that nightmare and realised how it was different to my previous ones. Those hands they felt…familiar…like the ones from that man who had felt me two days ago…while who was the other he

When I finally calmed down enough I noticed how my mother was seated on the ground with her head resting on my bed, and was holding my hand while my dad was seated at my desk. I smiled softly as their presence calmed me down greatly.

I glanced back at the clock and noticed it was only around five in the morning. The nightmare tired me as I was lured back into a dreamless sleep.

 


 

A/N: So I hope you enjoy this chapter

Please leave a comment so that I know what you guys think so far of the story