Realisation

The Start of an Experimental Relationship

 

I observed the room as it was lighted with a tint of baby blue that radiated from the surrounding walls. His bed was pushed against the furthest wall from the bed where it adorned the colour white. From his pillow to his window curtains and to his desk everything was shades of white to blue. Funny how mine was similar but instead of blue, it was green. My eyes finally landed on Yongguk who stared at me with an unreadable expression, I could see his jaw clutched harder as his eyes stared into mine. I watched as he pulled out his phone from his pant pocket and his fingers flew over the screen before he hastily shoved it back. I gulped uneasily when I felt my eye being to sting again. Tears began to drip down my face as I bit on my bottom lip in hopes of stopping myself from crying. Through my tears I could see him frown before sitting himself beside me and hugging me. He rocked us back and forth while rubbing his hand against my arms. I understood that it was his way of comforting me, telling me he wasn’t going anywhere. He let go when I brought my legs towards my chest and rested my head on top. I heard the rustle of fabric before I felt the blanket pulled softly onto me, I stiffened at the gesture. I heard him sigh softly as he wrap his arms around me once again, my chest heaved as my sobs became louder, I choked violently as I tried to muffle my cries with my hands. I curled into a tighter ball against his chest. He began to pat my head softly as I clutched at his shirt desperately, soaking his shirt with my tears. He rocked us back and forth, whispering smoothing words into my ears. It took a while before I finally quiet down.  

As his arms were wrapped carefully around me, I leaned forward and nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. I felt him stiffen before I felt him the back of my head while the other arm enveloped me even tighter. We stayed like that for a while before frantic yells were heard outside of his bedroom window. I pulled back and fearfully glanced at him, he smiled back at me softly before he stepped carefully out of his bedroom, shutting the door behind him in the process. I let out a sigh before I lay down and pulled his blanket over my head tightly. I heard yells and angry thumping occurred downstairs as I whimpered in fright. Please let it not be them, please let in not be them… I chanted into my head as my body was shivering uncontrollable. I stilled when the bed dipped down on one end before I could feel the heat of a body. I recognise the arms that s around my waist and pulling my closer to that person. I ripped the blankets off my head before I felt tears streaming down my face again. I threw myself onto him and began to sob.

I gripped onto his chest tightly afraid to let go, soon I heard more voices and footstep enter the room before I felt several hands patting my head or arms reassuring me. I knew it was Youngjae that I was hugging and my newly made friends that were patting me. After some time, I finally quieten down. I felt Youngjae pressed his lips softly against my forehead before untangling himself from me. I whimpered at the loss before I stared in surprise as Himchan sat beside me, the place where Youngjae not so long ago had laid. My eyes widened even further as I was roughly pulled into his arms while the man started whispering words of apologies into my shoulder. The rest of them chuckled softly before Youngjae muttered, “Zelo, I’m just gonna chat with Yongguk for a while. So if you need anything ask them,” while pointing to Himchan, Jongup and Daehyun. I nodded timidly still being held captive by Himchan. When the sound of the door closed echoed through the room, Himchan finally pulled back and stared at me with caring eyes. I looked down at the wooden floor, suddenly finding it extremely interesting. My stomach suddenly growled and I blushed in embarrassment, scowling myself for being hungry at such a time. Himchan and the others chuckled before Daehyun got up and left the room. I watched curiously as I saw Jongup opening up Yongguk’s closet, pulling out a white shirt and grey shorts. He handed it to me as Himchan got up and exited the door right after he pointed at the clothes than at me. I stared at him in surprise before Jongup did the same but was grinning madly. I sighed as the door finally closed. I began to change, dumping my dirt stained clothes onto the floor before slipping the materials onto me. I picked the rest up and stood in front of the door. I rubbed my sore face roughly and took a deep breath before opening the door and stepped out. I quietly treaded down the stairs and walked into the lounge room.

The moment I entered I froze; I felt someone gripped my arm tightly before pulling me out and towards the kitchen. I gasped when two arms imprisoned me between them, against the wall. Yongguk’s face hovered a mere distance away from mine. “Zelo, are you alright? Don’t you want to rest for a bit longer?” he questioned me as his voice resounded through the room. I backed as far as I can as my eyes would unconsciously flicker down towards his lips. I gulped uneasily before answering in a shaking voice, “I-I’m…hun-hungry…”

He stepped back in surprised before nodding. He smiled at me before he gently held my hand and tugged me back towards the living room. I stood still as I felt confusion swim within me. I didn’t move when he started to walk, he turned around and stared at me in confusion. “Why are you caring so much? We aren’t even dating for real,” I asked timidly. I stared at him and watched how he bit his lip and glanced down at the floor while rubbing the back of his head. My body started to twitch uneasily as emotions flicker across his face, too fast for me to read. He took a deep breath before he looked back at me and gently gathered my hands into his. I held my breath, anticipating what he would say to me. “Zelo, although we are just going out because of our curiosity, it doesn’t mean that I do not care about you, because I do. I can’t help but care for you. Cause of what we agreed to be, you are mine just as I am yours,” he spoke softly to me. I could tell that he was hiding something but the pain of what he said hit me. I knew that this relationship wasn’t real and that the feelings I now understood from that moment he had saved me were real. But I cannot prevent the pain I felt when he stated our relationship in that way. How he said that I am his just as he is mine, I knew that only meant temporary but I cannot deny that piece of happiness that bloomed within me. I smiled softly at him before I began to walk with our hands still held between us. We paused just outside the entrance of the room behind a wall, before giving ourselves one final glance between. I my dry lips and took a calm breath. I felt warm fingers wrapping themselves around my wrist as Yongguk began to pull me into the room. I smiled bitterly to myself as I thought frustratedly, why I had to realise now that I liked him all along.