Beginning

The Start of an Experimental Relationship

 

Imprisoned in a tight closet of warm bodies of students from my school, I felt myself being shoved back and forth as they rush to their next class. I didn’t care whether I was late or not, whether I faced my teacher’s wrath as I continued walking in a slow pace. I sighed as I shoved another piece of chip into my mouth, the flavours tingled and spread throughout my mouth as I chewed and swallowed as the feeling of content filled me. My eyes flicked up and gazed over the tight crowd of students, I stopped and stared when the familiar flash of golden brown hair came to my attention. I quickly walked towards him, by this time most of the students had arrived at their respective classrooms. I stopped just behind him. Bang Yongguk.

 I couldn’t help but feel intrigued by him. I didn’t know why, perhaps it’s because of how easily he attracted others towards him despite his sharp gaze, while I on the hand was isolated. I could still remember the fear in their eyes as I approached them on the first day, I had only wanted to befriend them but they thought I was a violent person. He was the only person to not hold such emotions within his eyes that was probably the beginning of my forever growing interest in him.

The sound of conversation interrupted my recollection as I quickly gulfed down the last of my chips. I exhaled deeply before I flicked the empty pack into a trash can I walked pass. I pulled my backpack from my shoulders where I open it and grabbed a few strawberries from a container. After I returned my backpack to my shoulders, I caught Yongguk glancing at me. I swear my heart skipped a beat before he returned his attention back to his friend, Himchan.  I pouted in disappointment as he only had acknowledged my presence. I continued eating my strawberries as I stared at his hand which swayed as he walked. I smirked and with one more glance at his face, I slipped my hand into his. There was a brief pause in his pace but other than that there were no other reaction. Displeased I rubbed my thumb along the back of his hand; again I glanced at his face. I grinned broadly when I noticed his cheeks tinted with a light colour of pink. That was enough to satisfy me, I unclutched my hold on his hand and turn towards the direction of my English class. Just as I swallowed a strawberry, I felt soft fingers praying mine open. I glanced down in alarm.

No! My strawberries, that thief, I silently screamed enraged, I whipped my head up, ready to punch that bastard. I stumbled back when a gummy smile greeted me. It was Yongguk, I realised. My eyes widen in surprise before narrowing when he ate the strawberries he had stolen. I opened my mouth ready to tell him off but instead it remained open as he gripped my hand tightly. I tilted my head in confusion.

“Why are you holding my hand?” I questioned.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” his rough voice answered.

“Oh? You realised?” I asked him sarcastically.

“Nah, of course I did,” he laughed before he glanced at me and scratched behind his head. I raised an eyebrow at him, questioning on his sudden change.

“Hey, we know each other so…wanna date?” he asked with a tone filled with nervousness.

I fixed my face into a surprise expression while inside I was mentally squealing in delight.

“Yea, sure.” I replied grinning.

We walked with our hands interlaced, towards our class. We pretty much shared almost half of our classes together.

“Hey Zelo?” he questioned me in his deep voice, breaking into my wandering mind. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

“You did hear what I said right?” I shook my head at his question.

He sighed, “Well…than let me repeat what I had said. I don’t want this to be a misunderstanding or anything but I asked you for a relationship because of my curiosity towards dating a guy okay?”

Yes! All the more fun things I could do, I silently thought cheering.

I snorted, “Well yea? Why did you think I said yes?”

Laughing he replied, “Hah! I knew you were the guy I needed.”

As we approached the entrance of the classroom, he pulled me back, causing me to bump into his board chest. I glanced up at him questioningly, trying to ignore the fact that we were practically hugging.

“Let’s make it even more fun, by keeping it a secret”, he told me confidently.

With a quick nod I pulled away from him before I lost whatever control I had to stop myself from making out with him there.

Better make a list of what I want to do in our relationship, I thought excitedly before Yongguk and I received detention from our fuming teacher.

 


 

A very short first chapter ....