Start of conflict...

"Stolen First Kiss"

 

            After the call, Mimz went downstairs looking for Kuchii…

            “Kuchii…”

            She was tip-toeing towards the living room when she suddenly heard a loud bark of a dog. Her heart pounded as quickly as she ran…

            “Kuchii…!” she called out. She went straight towards the living room.

            She was screaming her rabbit’s name until she saw her lifeless rabbit being played by the giant fluffy poodle.

            “Yah! MURDERER…!” she was about to attack the dog. She imagined herself kicking, punching and doing anything terrible things to the dog for revenge.

            Mimz was out of control… three maids were already holding her back.

_____

 

            “Yah! MURDERER…!”

            When Ms. Cloudy and Dongho heard the scream, they immediately went running towards the crime scene area.

            They saw the three maids holding Mimz who was like possessed or something, and Dongho spotted his dog playing with a black and white stuffed-toy thing.

            “What is that Guess…?” Dongho asked the dog.

            Guess, the dog seemed to understand him and just sat down there.

            Mimz stopped and said with full force. “That murderer just killed mu Kuchii…!” she was pointing at the dog with burning resentment in her eyes.

            He looked at Mimz with bewildered look. “Kuchii-who…?”

            “Oh no…” Ms. Cloudy ran towards Mimz and hugged her… that gesture caused Mimz to feel she wanted to cry.

            Dongho was irritated at Mimz for calling Guess a murderer. “And the murderer you’re calling has a name… and it is Guess…”

            Dongho hugged Guess and stared at the rabbit. *So… Kuchii is a bunny huh…*

            There was nix blood but the rabbit was dead. *It could be dead before Guess played at it…*

            He was about to say what’s on his mind. He looked up and saw Mimz ogling at her bunny with a tough expression plastered on her face… Sadness can’t be seen but anger instead. Dongho was taken aback when Mimz’ tears starts to fall. She ran.

            Dongho was still in surprise, he felt blameworthy all of a sudden. He looked at Guess and lightly thumps his feet. “That’s a punishment for playing at this vulnerable creature…”

            The dog rested his head on his lap and puppy-eyed him. “I’m not buying it today Guess… I’m sorry but I’m really going to punish you…”

            Dongho stood up and he went searching for Mimz.

_____

 

            “I never thought it would really hurt her feelings… I didn’t mean to…” Dongho was randomly talking to himself.

            He passes through a hallway with a glass sliding door leading to the garden.

            Dongho spotted Mimz sitting at the swing and continuously wiping her tears with the back of her hands.

            He just stood there inside and watched her cry. “Poor girl…” He shook his head harshly. *Should I talk to her?* he thought.

            Half of his brain was saying: *Why should you…? It’s not your fault anyway…*

            And the other half says: *You should… Guess is your dog and it’s your responsibility… Bastard…!*

            The Bastard word caught his freaking mind. Dongho hit his forehead and said. “I should…!”

            As he walks toward Mimz, he was able hear her sob…

            *Stupid tears… stop falling… I’m begging you…* Mimz thought as she wipes it dry.

_____

 

            “Mimz…”

            Mimz looked up and saw Dongho’s troubled face. She looked down to see his hand holding a hankie.

            She was just staring at it…

            Dongho grabbed her hands and vehemently handed the handkerchief. “You see… I’m really sorry about what happened there… my dog… was… urgh…!” Dongho was trying to defend Guess’ blunder but he felt culpable.

            He scratches his forehead and continues. “I’m sorry Mimz…”   

            Though it was truthful, Mimz left him hanging.

            She stood up and left him devoid of words.

_____

 

Mimz was so upset that she didn’t even want to talk to Dongho. “You thought your charms can help you…? Idiot…!” she exclaimed as she enters her room.

            Her room was neat and tidy. Wooden-style floor matches her purple wall. Skyblue curtain covers her glass sliding door leading to the balcony. Her bed was neatly fixed with a color of lavender silk bedsheet, there’s a nightstand on the left side of her bed and pictures of her parents and friends bounded there.

            Just a few meters away from her bed is her study table which is a little messy. Papers are scrambled and pens are scattered everywhere, beside it was her computer. She turned it on to check her email but there was none.

            So she checked her phone as a surrogate.

            Six messages received.

            Almost all messages were from her classmates’ group message and she didn’t even bother to read them except for one unknown number.

-----------------------------------------

To: Mimz

            I know what Guess did was wrong…

            I am really sorry… I’m willing to buy you a new rabbit if you want… :D

                                    From: UNKNOWN NUMBER

-----------------------------------------

 

            “Buy me a new one…?!” she was staggered and aggravated at the same time. “Are you nuts…?!”

            *Let me kill your downy poodle and buy you another one… Let’s see how you’ll like that…* she thought heatedly.

            Because of too much exasperation, she changed her clothes and decided to go somewhere…

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________

^_^