An Exhausting Day

The New SHINee Member

 

So, continuing. After i left the building, i headed on home. When i got home, i had my usual lecture from my mom, tell me to act more girly, blah blah blah. Not my fault i look like a guy. I went upstairs to my room. I sat down on my bed, and flipped through the forms. I'll have to ask for my parent signature later. I filled in the rest of my forms, and was too excited to do anything else (hem hem .... homework) so i went to my closet to pick out my clothes for tomorrow (saturday). Sneakily, i took out a box of clothes hidden deep within the bowels of my closet. It was my secret boy clothes box. My mother always buys girly dresses and stuff for me. Still, it's not like i don't wear them. Sometimes its more convenient to just dress in pants and t-shirt and look like a guy. Anyways, i looked into the box, and rummaged for a t-shirt that was not pink. I took out a pair of black skinny jeans, a white shirt, and a slighly big-ish jacket. Knowing i'd have to go past other groups (exp. Super Junior, SNSD, etc.), i also decided to wear high-top sneakers, like the ones SHINee wears. Some jewelry, which sadly meant that i couldn't wear my earrings. Yes, guys do wear earrings, but the ones i have are a definite girl giveaway.

"DINNER!" my mom called.

I snagged the forms from my desk, shoved my clothes for tomorrow under my bed, chucked the box back into my closet, and ran downstairs. YES! It's miso soup today! I rushed to the table. In the midst of eating, i took out the forms.

"Mom, can you sign these?"

"What's it for? Is it another job form that wants verification that you are a girl?" she sighed.

"No ..... that's upstairs for later. It a ... contract."

"What for?"

"Well .... i auditioned today to join SHINee."

"That's an all boys group"

"My point exactly. So ... sign?" I handed her the forms.

"Did you read all of it?"

"Yup. Everything. 2-year contract, blah blah blah."

She nodded and signed. "Now, i want you to think about this carefully. Turning this in is like turning in your privacy. I know SHINee is really popular, and now that you are their new member, im sure you will be popular soon. Fangirls .... or ... fanboys and stuff will be watching you ... i just want you to be careful."

I nodded, finished my dinner, and gave her a hug. I went upstairs and got everything ready for tomorrow. Sleeep ..... sleep sounds good.

NEXT DAY, LAST SATURDAY

I walked to the building. Of course, i had to go through 3 groups of girls trying to get me to hang with them. So annoying. I did in fact look like a boy. Hehe. I walked into the building, and asked the front desk for the SHINee manager's office. He told me 5th floor, 4th room on the right. I thanked him, and went to the elevator. When it came down, the entire Super Junior group was in there. I stepped aside to let them through. Some of them looked at me awkwardly. Can't blame them, im a 16 year old girl in a building packed with 18-20 something year old idols. I took the elevator up to the 5th floor. I knocked on the manager's office, but got no answer. I could hear music coming from a room several doors away. The door said "SHINee PRACTICE ROOM". Knocking, i heard shuffling of feet.

"I'll get it" I heard Taemin on the other side say.

The door openned, and Taemin just starred at me for a while.

"Who are you?"

I chuckled, and took of my sunglasses. The manager came over and smiled.

"Ah, Yu Ri, glad to see you! I take it your contract is signed?"

"Yup. (hands him the contract) And please call me Yuuki."

"How come?"

"Well, it's like how you call Jinki hyung Onew, and Kibum hyung Key."

The manager nodded, and beckoned me in. Key and Minho were practicing dance steps.

"Everyone, this is Yuuki. She is taking place for Jinki."

"We know." Minho said.

Jonghyun came up to me. "Nice to meet you, im Jonghyun." he shook my hand

"Nice to meet you too." i bowed. Key and Minho came up to greet me, as well as Taemin.

"Okay, well since you need to learn every dance for every SHINee song, i'll just leave now" the manager left.

They taught me some basic dance steps. We went over their debut song, Replay. It was a relatively easy dance. They taught me Onew's parts. Still, i was pretty tired after that.

"Aren't you guys tired?" i asked.

"We're used to it" Jonghyun said.

"Oh yea, we have a live tomorrow.

"What?! LIVE already?!"

Minho chuckled "we have a pretty busy schedule."

I nodded.

"We are singing Lucifer at the LIVE tomorrow. We'll teach that to you now. Taemin will go over Ring Ding Dong later today." Jonghyun said. I nodded.

"Kay, so Jonghyun is dancing Onew's parts. Key is dancing Jonghyun's parts, so you will be dancing Key's parts. As well as singing." Taemin said.

Key came over and taught me the entire dance, as well as his parts.

"Just make sure your arm is straight here" he instructed. I felt like fainting, but i nodded. After 4 hours, i could dance and sing to the song, but it would still take some practice to perfect it. We tried dancing to the song with our switched parts, and it worked out fine. I couldn't help but notice how well Taemin could dance. It was magical >////<

"Looks like we have time for one more dance before we go." Jonghyun said as he wiped the sweat off his face with a towel.

"Where are we going?"

"Interview"

"Oh .... okay. What for?"

"Gotta introduce our newest member" he winked.

"Kay, lets do Ring Ding Dong." Taemin said. "You are dancing and singing Onew's parts."

I learned the dance pretty well. It wasn't as complicated as Lucifer. The manager came in with dinner. THANK GOD!

"Looks like you worked pretty hard today Yuuki" he noted. He handed me a sandwich and a bowl of rice.

"Mmmhmmm" i said between a mouthful of rice. We all sat in a circle on the floor.

"Tell us about yourself." the manager said.

I gulped down my sandwich. "Well, my name is Lee Yu Ri. Call me Yuuki. I am a girl. Not a guy. I go to an all-girls school. I've had over 200 confessions this year. I hate being girly. I hate pink. I love music. I'm 16, and-"

I was cut off by Taemin. He suddenly yelled and stood up and started dancing the way Onew would dance if he saw chicken.

"YEAAAA! IM NOT MAKNAE ANYMORE!! WOOOOOOOOO!!" he yelled. We all fell on the floor laughing.

"Kay Taeminnie, calm down. You get the title Dancing Machine now." Key patted him on the back while Taemin sat down.

"Aish, so im Maknae Yuuki?"

They nodded. Then, we heard a knock on the door. "Come in" the manager called.

In stepped the entire Super Junior group. I've also idolized them.

"Is that the new Onew?" one of them asked. Unfortunately, their names were harder to memorize, so i didn't know any of them.

"Yup. Lee Yu R- sorry Lee Yuuki."

I stood up and bowed. "Nice to meet you"

They all came over and introduced themselves. The one called Kibum (no, not kim kibum as in key hyung, but kim ki bum.) came over and said, "wow. how'd you guys find such a young guy to take Jinki's place?"

I chuckled. "Im not a guy Ki Bum hyung. I am a girl."

They all looked at me like I was crazy. I sighed. I looked at Taemin and Key and Jonghyun and Minho for backup.

"Err .. its true. She is a girl." Taemin said.

"Oh! We saw you at the elevator this morning. I thought you were some errand boy." Kangin said.

"Wait, why are you wearing guy clothes?" Sungmin asked.

"So i can blend in. So people don't mistake me for some random fan girl."

"What-"

"Kay, we gotta go to the interview place now." the manager cut him off. We waved goodbye to Super Junior. Manager hyung led us out of the room to the SHINee van. On the way, manager hyung was telling me what to say.

"Just introduce yourself. And yes, inform everyone you are a girl. They will probably ask you questions and stuff. Just follow Jonghyun or anyone's lead. We are first heading backstage for outfits and makeup, etc."

I nodded. "Ah, am i wearing guy or girl clothes?"

Jonghyun smiled. "You'll see"

We got to this big building. I recognized the channel, and couldn't wait to get on stage. We went backstage to some hair stylist noonas. Taemin and Key went to change first. Jonghyun and Minho were getting their hair done. Manager hyung led me to some stylists. They took me to a rack of clothes. They handed me a pair of turquoise skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with some random graphic, and this black vest. They said my shoes were fine. I went to the bathroom to changed. When i looked at myself in the mirror, i saw a SHINee member. >/////<

I went back outside and sat in a chair. They did my hair, makeup, etc. Taemin and Key came in all dressed as well. A guy with a microphone and clipboard came in. "5 minutes"

We quickly got up and started heading out. We were walking down a long hallway.

"Neh, i think Yuuki is taller than Taemin."

"WHAT?!" Taemin whined. He stopped me, and we stood back to back while Minho compared our heights.

"Yup. She's taller. Just by about an inch."

I smiled. Hehehehe. Taemin started pouting. We got to the stage door. On the other side, i heard someone say "And now, here is SHINee!". The doors flew open, and Jonghyun led us in. There was a crowd of people in front of the stage.

"Hello, we are the shining SHINee" we said in unison (Key told me to say this when we were backstage)

"Leader, Kim Jonghyun" Jonghyun hyung said.

"Almighty Key" Key hyung said.

"Rapping Minho" Minho hyung said.

"Not-Maknae-Anymore Dancing Machine Taemin" Taemin hyung said.

i snickered before i said my line.

"Maknae Yuuki" I said.

The interview host came over. "So, you are Onew's replacement, right?"

I nodded. Oh yea. "I am 100% girl"

The crowd started to whisper.

"Wah, really?" the host exclaimed.

Again, i nodded. After some more questions, they asked us to perform. I shot a panicked look at Jonghyun. They didn't tell me we were performing. Just then, they stood in the positions for Replay, and i understood. I stood in Onew's spot. The lights changed colors, and the song played. What surprised me the most was how easy it felt. Singing was no problem. I was used to singing in public. When the song ended, we bowed. After a few minutes of random stuff, the interview ended, and we exited.

"Yah, nice job everyone." the manager hyung praised. He gave me a smile and a high-five. I was exhausted. I quickly changed, and got into the car before anyone else. Manager hyung told me to call my parents, and ask them if it was alright if i moved into the SHINee apartment/condo building. The driver was going to drive me home first to pack some stuff.

"It's okay. Go ahead. Just ... be careful." my mom said.

"Kamsahamnida!" I hung up. Manager hyung came in and told me that we would first drop by my house, then come back and pick up everyone else. On the way, i asked the manager about school.

"How will i go to my school knowing every girl knows im part of SHINee? I'll be ripped to pieces!"

"That's okay. Not the ripped to pieces part, i mean. I already talked to your principal, and you will be attending Taemin's school. He is the only one still in school though. Senior year. You will be .. sophmore."

"okay."

We arrived at my house. I went in, packed some stuff, came out as quickly as i could. I gave my mom a quick hug and kiss before i left. We drove back to the interview place, and picked up everyone else.

"Taemin, you will be attending school with Yuuki."

"Kay. Neh Yuuki. Don't go to the 2nd floor west wing girl's bathroom. That one always smells weird. And avoid big groups. And also, don't order school lunch. Key umma always makes me lunch. You'll make lunch for Yuuki to right?"

"Sure" Key said. I smiled. So nice.

"Is it okay if i call you umma too?" i asked.

Key laughed and nodded. We got to their flat, and the manager dropped us off. "Tomorrow is your live performance. It's in the afternoon, so you can sleep in a bit."

We thanked the manager, and Key led us upstairs. Their place was amazing! There was a living room in the middle, a kitchen, and two doors.

"Aish, we gotta figure out our new room arrangements" Jonghyun whined.

"It's okay. I'll just sleep on the couch." I said. I made my way to the couch.

"Don't worry, you can sleep on Onew's old bed. It's in Taemin and Key's room." He pointed to the door on the right.

Key and Taemin led me in, and showed me Onew's bed. I swear, it smelled like chicken. I put down my stuff, and went to the bathroom to shower.

"You guys won't look, right?" i asked.

Key laughed. "We aren't erted."

That definitely reassured me. I went in, took a shower, changed into my pajamas, and came out. I flopped onto my bed, but Taemin insisted that we go over the Lucifer dance moves first.

"Yah, Taemin hyung. Im tired"

"Nope. Gotta make sure you are ready for tomorrow. Come on. And yes, please keep calling me hyung"

I whined, but in the end quickly danced.

"Kay, you're good. Don't touch my banana milk plushie. Night" and he left.

I sighed and went to my bed. I immediately fell asleep.


 

Wahh ... sorry about the longness. Hope you liked it though :3