Ugly

We're Only Pretending!

(a/n: Huzzah! An update! And I have a (temporary) poster already! 8D I made it while thinking of how I'll write this chapter. So yeah. If you guys need posters, you can ask me ouo; wait wait no augh I'm not sure if I can take requests. School will start next week /sob ;; Anyway, I hope you like this update ;u; Subscribe and comment if you like the story~)


"I'm going to pretend to be your girlfriend, then?"

"Well, yeah." Gongchan shrugged. "I guess."

I looked at him silently before kicking his shin viciously and running away.

"Yah, Kim Eunseo!" I heard Gongchan scream, but I continued running anyway. He screamed again. I snickered.

Sissy.

 

I think I spent the whole night looking up on the internet what happens when a guy suddenly declares that you're his girlfriend, save for the time I spent on doing my homework and studying for announced quizzes.

There were almost no testimonies, but there were a ton of fan fiction. I've read some of them, and most of the time, the fake couple eventually developed feelings and fell for each other. I cringed at the thought of falling for Gongchan. Just... no.

I was surfing the internet more when I heard a knock on the door. I closed the laptop quickly. "Come in," I said.

The door opened to reveal my guest, who was my foster dad. "Oh, hi Dad." I greeted. Dad walked in the room.

"Hi Eunseo," Dad smiled. He walked closer and checked the papers scattered on my study desk.

"Homework," I looked up at dad, who was examining the confusing numbers and letters written on the messy papers.

"That's good, you did your homework. Mom prepared our favorite today, so let's go down to eat."

"Okay, I'll follow."

"See you downstairs." Dad went out the room first. I fixed up the papers on my desk, took my phone and walked downstairs to the dining room. I could already smell the intoxicating aroma of mom's cooking from the stairs. It was slowly killing my senses. 

When I arrived, Mom and Dad were already sitting on their usual seats, waiting for me. I sat down on my seat. We all greeted ourselves a hearty 'eat well' and ate together.

"So, Eunseo, how's school today?" Mom asked after she put down her glass of juice. "Did you take all your missed quizzes? How was it?"

"Yeah, Mom. It was okay," I said. I didn't tell her that I failed one, though. 

After that short talk about my academics, Mom and Dad then talked about what happened in their jobs earlier today. I tried to listen but I couldn't find that part of me that would really care. 

"Right," Dad started. I was about to say left, but I held back my puns for a while. "My class in university will be holding a reunion. Should I go?"

Mom seemed a bit interested with the topic. "When will it be?" She asked.

"Next week," Dad said and took a sip from his glass.

"Why not?" Mom grinned.

Dad smiled at Mom. "Great. The families of my classmates will attend as well, so you two should come with me."

Suddenly my phone buzzed and rang in my pocket. I excused myself from the table and walked to the living room. I leaned on one of the couches and took my phone out of my pocket. Before picking up the call, I checked the caller ID. It displayed an unknown number, so I let it ring for a few moments before answering just to irk the caller.

"Hello?" I greeted. "Who's this?"

"Hi Eunseo, it's Jihyun." The caller, who was apparently Jihyun, said.

"Why did you suddenly call?" I asked.

"I have a question," she muttered.

"Yeah?"

"Is it wrong that I gave Gongchan your number and your address?"

 

I woke up feeling my brain banging on the inner walls of my cranium. "Oh my, you're awake! Finally!"

"Mom, I'm Eunseo, not 'awake.' What happened?" I asked and looked around. I was in my room.

"You fainted!" Mom said, worriedly. "Dad didn't find anything wrong with your health, though, but we're going to get you checked tomorrow."

"Mom, I'm okay. I don't need checkups." I said. Mom still insisted on bringing me to the doctor after school. Pretty stubborn.

"Eunseo!" I heard Dad's voice say. "You're up!" He got in, carrying a tray with a glass of juice and a plate of assorted pastries.

"No dad, I'm Eunseo. Wow, I have a lot of names tonight." I chuckled. Mom and Dad laughed.

"EUNSEO!" Another voice called out. My head followed the source of that voice. "You're alive!" It was Jihyun, entering the room after Dad.

"For the third time, my name is Eunseo."

 

Mom and Dad left Jihyun and I in my room. Life went back to normal after my short episode of losing consciousness.

On second thought, no. Nothing will ever be normal.

"What the heck happened to you?" Jihyun asked as she scrolled through my phone's browser history while munching on bread. "You had me rushing to your house at this time of the day."

When Jihyun said that, I remembered the real reason why I fainted. I immediately flicked her forehead. "You!"

"Me?"

"Yeah, you!" I hit her with my really soft pillow. "Why did you do that?" I buried my face in the pillow in agony.

"Do what?"

"Give some guy my number and my address without caution. You didn't even ask me for permission. Have you gone nuts? What if he's a stalker? What if he's a e using Gongchan's name? What if he's going to--"

I stopped speaking. Jihyun was laughing. "What's wrong? Dude, I think it was a really good thing that someone's starting to get into you. You might even end up together, you know?" She said and continued to laugh.

"Go away," I frowned. "You just made everything worse."

My phone started ringing again and Jihyun sang along to the ringtone. "Be mine, I love you, oh~ I worry about you, oh~"

I sang along with her, but my face immediately showed distaste when I saw that it was an unknown number. "Whose number is this?" I showed Jihyun the caller ID.

"Oh, that's Gongchan."

I dropped my phone on the bed and screamed, "Mom, can you get me a new number?"

"Why?" Mom screamed back.

"Never mind!" I replied.

Jihyun answered the call for me. "Hello? Gongchan it's me Jihyun. I'm here at Eunseo's right now. She just recovered from fainting. It was crazy."

I glared at her and she looked back with an eye smile. I scowled. "She's okay now. Don't worry. I'm sure she'll come to school tomorrow... Yeah. All right. Okay. Bye!"

I was still grimacing at her when she put down the phone. "What did he say?" I asked.

"He just asked if you were okay and all. Good guy."

"Good guy my arse." I sighed. "This is going to get so ugly."


OKAAAY 8D This chapter is honestly just for transition and to fix up the pace. You know what I mean? Hehe ;;

Did you like this chapter? i guess not orz Leave a comment! ouo Hope you enjoyed reading!

ok aff keeps on saving my fics as rated m ugh why ;____;