Karma

We're Only Pretending!

(insignificant a/n: okay i really suffered so much because of this chapter. I typed it like four times because I keep on accidentally pressing backspace/pressing anywhere else on the screen that links me to another page in the same tab. /sobs anyway yeah I hope you all enjoy reading! sub and comment if you like the story~)


"Hey Eunseo, I'll go ahead, okay? Sorry I couldn't help you today." Jihyun hoisted her bag onto her back. "I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!" She waved as she walked out of the room. "Oh, by the way, Miss Song is looking for you. She was saying something about your notebook. See her at the faculty room later. See you, then!"

"Oh, my notebook. All right. I'll do that." I replied and waved back at her.

I sighed after she vanished from my line of sight. Here I am, still stuck in school finishing up all the work I have to do. I missed school yesterday for an unimportant reason. I lied to them that I got sick; they bought the lie. If I told them the real reason why I was absent yesterday, I'm not going to get these make-up tests and excused homeworks. It sounds like a really good thing, but believe me, it's not. So, yeah, now I'm cramming, catching up with the things I missed.

I held my papers and notebooks and headed to the teachers' room. When I got there, I knocked on the door thrice and poked my head inside, looking for Miss Song, my history teacher. She wasn't there, though.

"Good afternoon, teachers," I bowed and said, hoping I got the time and greeting right. "Is Miss Song still here?"

"Yes, dear," Mrs. Baek, my math teacher replied. "I believe she left to get something somewhere." She smiled at me. I nodded. All of the teachers here acknowledged my presence. It was really nice. The teachers here are really kind and not snobby unlike the teachers in real life

I proceeded to settling all my matters here. I went to Mr. Kim first, submitting my science homework and apologizing for passing it late. Same goes for all the other subjects. They accepted it anyway.

After I've finished submitting all I needed to submit, Miss Song was still nowhere to be found. "Eunseo, you can take a seat while waiting for her on the couch here," Miss Lee suggested.

So I did. I sat down on that couch whose comfiness was award-winning as I waited for Miss Song. I sat there feeling heaven after sitting on a flat, hard chair all day until Miss Song arrived with a bunch of papers. I stood up when she finally entered the room.

"Hi, Eunseo! Really sorry for the long wait." Miss Song greeted after putting down the stack of papers on her desk. "Come here, dear."

I approached her and waited as she fished for whatever she had with her in her drawer. "Here, your notebook." you don't say. Miss Song handed it over to me. "Even if you submitted this late, I really like the content of your essay. Keep up the good work!" She smiled. I bowed and thanked her for her positive remark.

I was about to leave the room when Mrs. Baek called out. "Ah, Eunseo, you are classmates with Gongchan, aren't you?"

"Gong Chanshik? Yes I am, seonsaengnim," I replied.

"Great, great." Mrs. Baek said. "Can you please return this notebook to Gongchan? I borrowed it from him." She held the notebook up, so I had no other choice but to rush to her and get it from her. "Tell him I said thank you. Thank you, too!"

I nodded and smiled at all the teachers. I thanked them all and bid them goodbye.

As soon as I got out, I flipped through the pages of my history notebook. I realized how disgusting and grotesque my handwriting was, and it was a miracle that Miss Song actually understood it. I finally got to the page where I wrote my essay.

I like your essay! Very fluid and well-written.

-Miss Song

P.S. Write legibly!

Okay, I saw that coming.

 

I was on my way back to the classroom to hand Gongchan his math notebook, get my things and finally go home but then I saw a huge crowd obstructing the hallway. Being the nosy curious kid I am, I joined the crowd to see what the heck the ruckus is all about.

"Excuse me, excuse me," I said, making my way through the crowd to a spot where I could witness the hullabaloo clearly. A lot of people I pushed were complaining about me, but welp. 

Apparently, there's this tough bully - who I think is Kwon Junsu from my homeroom class - beating up a poor guy whose face I cant see because he's looking away.

"You're a weakling." Junsu said and grabbed the poor guy's collar. The poor guy wasn't even fighting back. "Yah, Gong Chanshik, are you just smirking at me?"

The poor guy being bullied is Gongchan? Oof.

I was about to stop Junsu from throwing another punch at Gongchan when Kang Minhee decided to do the job for me. "Please stop, Junsu!"

Junsu snickered and harshly let go of Gongchan. "I hate you for so many reasons, so let me throw a bunch of insults at you and point out your countless flaws. So to start..." He looked at Minhee and smirked. Then he looked at Gongchan. "You don't even have a girlfriend. Surely, you're homo."

Gongchan suddenly stood up and chuckled. "I don't?" He looked around. "Where is that girl?" His eyes landed on me.

Holy shat.

"There you are!" Gongchan said. I froze in my spot. I double-checked his gaze. He might be staring at the girl behind me, or maybe this other girl to my right. It can't be me. It just can't. No.

Gongchan suddenly pulled me closer to him and I swear, I almost had a heart attack. "This wonderful woman," he said with artificial pride. "This wonderful woman is my girlfriend."

He made me face him and gaze at his fraudulently loving and dazzling eyes. "Please play along," he whispered almost inaudibly. Then without warning, his lips crashed onto mine. lsdfjl;sdkjgklagjl;askdjfa

Everyone gasped at Gongchan's abrupt and daring move. My eyes widened. I would gasp with them, but I can't cause I might up Gongchan's bloody lip. 

Gongchan pulled away and interwined our fingers. "Now if you'll excuse us, you stupid bastard who can't even solve for x in the equation 1+1=x," he said. "Do your own damn homework. Don't even try to bully people again for help in school because if you do, I'll make sure I'll make your study hard. Adios."

He dragged me out of the ugly scene and I was shaking off my hand from his grip. He brought me to the classroom and let my hand go only when we got there.

"Yah, Gong Chanshik!" I screamed at him and slammed his notebook in his chest. "You... you took it away! My first... GAH I was only going to hand you your notebook but then I get dragged into your trouble I WAS JUST GOING TO HAND YOU YOUR NOTEBOOK OKAY HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME? Wow karma is being a total I just lied about being sick then this is what I get--"

"Stop it. Stop stop stop. Eunseo!" Gongchan grabbed both my wrists to prevent me from hitting him with his notebook again. "I've been beaten up enough for today. You can beat me up tomorrow. I'll give you special permission. Can't you see these bad bruises? Can't you pity these bad bruises!?"

"Heck no, I'm beating the crazy shat out of your balls right now!" I wriggled in an attempt to break free from his firm grip. "Since when did a thin guy like you get this strong?"

"Stop it or I'll kiss you again!"

"No!" I said. His threat was actually enough to make me stop acting like a worm. He got his math notebook from me and placed it on some random desk. "Your blood tastes horrible."

"Like yours taste nice." The bloody guy laughed. "Eh."

"It does. It tastes like cola." I cackled. Gongchan was about to wipe his blood off with his sleeves when I slapped his hand off. "Don't you have a handkerchief? You have to consider the people washing your clothes."

"I don't have one," Gongchan said.

"Okay," I replied. When he was about to wipe it off again with his sleeve when I slapped him off and handed over my hanky. "Give it back after washing it. Don't ruin the color of the fabric."

The tall guy laughed and wiped the side of my mouth without forewarn. "You had some blood on it."


AHHHHHH I'm finally finished with the first chapter! How is it? Leave a comment~ Hope you enjoyed reading! 8D