That Morning

We're Only Pretending!

HI 8D this was supposed to be longer but I cut the chapter into two. The second one would probably be shorter tho ouo)b btw thank you so much for your comments and your support aghggjdfhjgh i feel happy ;u; thank you again! /throws namu's heart


I groggily reached for my phone to turn off the alarm. It was only 4:30 but I had to get up early and prepare to school. It's not that far, but it's just my style to wake up early and laze around before going to school.

I went straight for the bathroom to brush my teeth and bathe. As expected, I prepared for school lazily, momentarily sitting for about five minutes thinking of how much I want to eat prawns. After an hour I was already prepared for school, so I went down to the dining room with my bag and met Mom and Dad.

"Hi Mom, Dad," I greeted. They greeted back, already munching on their breakfast.

"Join us," Dad invited. I remembered that I brushed my teeth already, so I said no, which is pretty stupid of me because I'm hungry.

"I'm going to leave now," I said as I carried my bag on one shoulder. I checked my pocket to make sure my phone was there and waved at Mom and Dad.

"Isn't it a bit early? Stay for a while," Mom said. I shook my head, wanting to leave already. 

HOOOOOOOOONK BEACH! yeah euphemism HONK ONK ONK ONK ONK!

Out of a sudden, that retarded car horn started blowing, probably trying to wake up and terrorize the whole neighborhood. Nuts driver.

"I'm going to check on that noise. Bye, see you later!"

"Take care!" Mom said before I poofed.

I ran out of the house to find a shiny, black car parked in front of our house honking wildly. I knocked on the window and the honking stopped. The window rolled down.

"Excuse me, is that even legal?" I started. "Blowing the horn this early in the quiet morning like a madman. You're killing everyone's deep sleep."

"Sorry, orders from Chanshik. I think he's looking for a girl about his age named Kim Eunseo." The guy replied. Before I could run away from impending doom, the backseat door opened and the man I didn't really want to see in the morning (but would either way) appeared.

"Hi, Eunseo! Jihyun was right, you do live here." Gongchan said. "You're finally out. Morning."

"You!" I flicked his forehead. "Don't. Do. That. Ever again. There's this pretty handy invention we call the doorbell. You're defeating the purpose of that thing, you know?"

"I don't know," Gongchan said and got that heavy bag off my shoulder. "Oof, your bag is heavy. What's in here, gold?" He huffed.

"Maybe."

"Anyway, get in the car. We're going to school together."

"Uh, nice try, no. It sounds like you're kidnapping me." I said, annoyed. "I'm walking to school. Give me that," I said as I got back my bag from him.

"Then let's walk together!" He suggested, getting his bag and catching up with my pace.

I was mortified at the suggestion because I don't actually walk to school, I ride public transportation. School is, like, a fifteen minute drive away.

"Uh, I think I'd rather ride a car to school than walk..."

Gongchan laughed and dragged me back to the car. "Good choice!" He made me get in the car first before he did.

I somehow had this odd feeling that gave me chills. That odd feeling was telling me that this is the biggest bad idea ever in human history and I need to run away from it fast before it rips apart the whole universe. Seriously. I felt horrible for everything and for myself, but bickering about it wouldn't even help. I shook my head at everything. I shook my head at this not-so-nice day. I shook my head at Gongchan. I shook my head at Junsu. I shook my head at Jihyun. I shook my head at myself. I shook my head again and felt my neck bones grow loose.

"So you didn't eat breakfast yet?" Gongchan said. "You just kept shaking your head while looking at nothing in particular. What the heck?"

I immediately snapped out of my thoughts. "What?" I asked. "Sorry."

"I was asking you if you already ate breakfast." Gongchan shook his head. Is today Head Shaking Day? "Have you eaten or not?"

"How do you expect me to eat breakfast when you drive to my house and arrive at, like, quarter to six and blow the horn wildly and ruin my usual morning schedule?" I gasped for air. I think I said that too fast.

Gongchan laughed and said, "Hyung, can you bring us to the nearest open fast food chain?"

The car started going on a different route. "The heck, Gongchan?" I said, giving him a short look of disbelief. I thought my words would make him think twice about what he just said, but no. He didn't react at all. "Are you not going to listen to me?" I asked after a while. He only looked at me weirdly.

"You didn't say anything but 'the heck, Gongchan'. Was I supposed to answer that?"

"Well, yeah, I was expecting you to have some reply to that. Something like, 'Why, don't you wanna eat?'"

"Yah, you're not the only one who needs to eat." Gongchan retorted. "Besides, you and I can't work on an empty stomach. We have physical education today, too."

I looked at him, puzzled. Not like I could find the answer to my nonexistent question on his face, anyway. I looked out the window until a question decided to pop out in my head. "So you didn't eat yet?"

"Yeah, not yet. I left for your house early. I thought it was far from my pad."

I sighed and mentally facepalmed.

We arrived at some fast food chain almost near school. Initially, I refused on eating because I was being a stubborn duck but I gave in once I felt (and heard) my stomach grumble. The man who drove the car (I don’t know how to properly address him) declined to eat with us, but Gongchan and I insisted on him joining us for the morning meal.

"You know, you seem like a really nice person," I nudged Gongchan. We were standing in line for our order to be taken. "But my gut tells me you're not, and I trust my gut."

"Your gut is most probably biased. And you are, too. How can you believe such unreliable sources?"

"My gut has been with me through thick and thin."

"Your gut has no brain and it can't think for you."

"It was an idiom. My gut is my gut and it's a very important part of me, too. One does not simply belittle guts and gut feelings."

"Uh, excuse me, you're next in line." The guy behind us said. "Unless you want to continue your gut fight. You know I could always take my order first."

"Ah, sorry." Gongchan bowed low and forced me to bow, too.

Gongchan placed his (well, our) order and paid for it. I handed him over some of my money to pay for my food but he demanded on paying for all of it anyway.

"Stop pretending to be kind." I scoffed, walking back to our table with our order number and sat down.

"Who said I'm pretending to be kind?"

"My gut!"

After a few minutes our food arrived and we started munching on our breakfast. You can figure out what the conversation while eating was about.

 

We were back on our way to school and we arrived in a short while. Gongchan and I got out of the car and bid goodbye to the car's driver.

We reached the entrance of the school building and I lightly pushed him. "You go first, so they won't see us together."

"Aren't we supposed to be going in together? We're fake--"

"Dude, I never agreed to that." I said, halting him in mid-sentence.

He took my wrist and pulled me, but I stayed there in my spot. "But you can't make me look like I'm alone, we're gonna look as if we broke up."

"But we aren't in a relationship."

"It's a fake relationship."

"Exactly!"

Gongchan looked at me strangely. "Exactly whose side are you on?"

I scratched the back of my head in confusion. "Did I say something that supports your side?"

"Yeah."

"Woop, my bad."

 

We arrived at the classroom about thirty minutes before classes started, so most of the students who are already in there are up to their little antics. Most of them are busy chatting in their small groups. I pushed Gongchan to go in first before I did. When he got to his seat, I went in and silently walked to my seat beside Jihyun's. Yoonhee was there. She and Jihyun were excitedly talking to each other.

"Hi Yoon. Hi Jihyun." I acknowledged the two and dropped my bag on the floor. "Sup?"

"I HEARD THE NEEEEWS!" Jihyun squealed. "So that's why you were violently against the idea of Gongchan having your number and address. Ohmygosh, why didn't you tell me earlier that you two were in a relationship? OMG!"

I opened my mouth to talk, but Yoonhee immediately spoke up. "Yeah, it's such a hot topic today. Everyone was talking about it!"

"Omg yeah," Jihyun piped up. "Omg omg, but then if you were official, why were you so freaked out when I told him your personal info?" She whispered.

"Yeah, and why didn't you talk to each other a lot before the incident?" Yoonhee looked over at Gongchan who was with his friends. "Look at your poor boyfie, bruised. Junsu is such an , omg."

"YOU KNOW YOU GUYS should really let me explain and stop spazzing like I got a gorgeous idol in my hands." I huffed. "Gongchan only pulled me into this mess okay? He just suddenly did that crazy shat without my permission." I said quietly and looked around to check if no one was listening. The two girls nodded as they listened attentively to my side of the story. "Since he did that, he's asking me to continue pretending. You know, to be his girlfriend and all that horse crap. Get it?"

"OHHHH," Yoonhee said. "Okay, so it's just a fake relationship..." she whispered almost inaudibly.

"I should have expected something like that!" Jihyun snapped her fingers. "Fishy! I knew it was that. Fishy. I could smell that. Fishy." imitated a fish opening and closing its mouth. She looked like a complete retard to be honest. Yoonhee and I laughed.

"You should really help him out, yannoe." Yoonhee wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yoonhee's right. Besides, it's our last year and it's almost ending, too. We're leaving soon. Think of this as some last favor you'll do for him."

"Yeah. And who knows? Maybe..." Yoonhee started squealing and clapping like a tard along with Jihyun. Why am I friends with these people?

"You two calm your , okay?" I facepalmed. "Ugh, it's not like I'll be here forever."

Jihyun's eyes widened. "What the duck Eunseo?" Jihyun said. Yoonhee started to look serious, too. "What do you mean you won't be here forever?"

"Is this some sort of twisted drama where you have this chronic illness that will eventually kill you? Don't scare us like that, man." Yoonhee lightly punched my arm.

"Whoa, sorry." I said, shrugging. "It's not like that. But then it's true, we don't live forever."

Both Jihyun and Yoonhee looked uneasy, but laughed it off anyway. Our homeroom teacher arrived after a few more minutes of funny conversations and corny jokes. Everyone went back to their proper seats.

Teacher discussed the announcements with the class before calling Junsu and Gongchan out. I'm sure Jihyun and Yoonhee both have an 'omg' face on. I looked at the girl to my left (which was Jihyun heh) and, well, I was right.

Everyone in the class looked at me when the two boys got out of the class.

"Whaaaaaaaat?" I whined.

Ugh.


I DIED IN THE MIDDLE OF WRITING THIS BC EXO ;________; MY LAPTOP ALSO DIED (TWICE)

Did you like this chapter? Leave a comment! 8D