Rules

We're Only Pretending!

i feel like this chapter isn't funny enough D8


The two boys went back in. Gongchan had a small grin on his face while Junsu was steaming. HAH, loser!

"Looks like we have a champ," Jihyun whispered to me. I raised my brow at her.

Gongchan and Junsu went back to their seats. I looked at the bruised guy and he showed me a thumbs up.

"If you want to ace the math test, then you should study for it and not beat someone up for it, Junsu." Our homeroom teacher crossed his arms in front of him. DROWN IN EMBARRASSMENT !

 

The bell rang, signaling everyone that it was already break time. By now everyone's brain juices would have been squeezed out of their brains, and my brain's no exception. It was only morning, but here we are faced with such intensive suffering. There are still a lot of brain-squeezing hours of school left, though. No kidding.

"So have you pondered on it? I mean, you don't really have any choice unless you want to ruin his image." Yoonhee said. She sat on her desk, swinging her legs back and forth alternately. She and I waited for Jihyun to finish her incredibly long essay about our topic earlier. I half-assed on that essay. No regrets.

I thought for a few moments about my answer to Yoonhee's question. "I don't know, man."

"You have to come up with an answer soon. You can't just do nothing," Jihyun said while writing quickly. How the heck does she do that? 

A tiny part of my brain was actually thinking about that for the past few hours. Yoonhee was right, I'd ruin his image if I just leave him hanging there. That's going to be nasty. It was his fault, though. If he didn't drag me into this, I wouldn't be thinking too much. I wouldn't be worrying about his life. I wouldn't be worrying about mine. 

If he only helped Junsu in the math test, he wouldn't have those ish bruises. He wouldn't have gotten into that ugly fight. That would be bad, though. Really bad. He'd get into a lot more trouble if he did help him out.

Analyzing the situation, it wouldn't really cost me anything, the whole "pretend to be Gongchan's girlfriend" scenario that we'd have to put up. I would just carry the title of 'that-jerk-who-doesn't-think-before-acting's girlfriend.' It won't hurt me... right? Right!? RIGHT!? LEFT!

“I’ll see,” I shook my head. "You guys are making me feel guilty for not helping the dude out. Why don't you take my place instead?" I let out a long sigh.

Jihyun finished the essay (finally) and placed it on the teacher's desk. The three of us were heading out the classroom (finally) on the way to the cafeteria (FINALLY) when Gongchan magically appeared beside the doorway. (FINA-- frick no) "Hi Eunseo, may I have a word with you?"

Jihyun and Yoonhee's eyes formed crescents and they smirked. Gongchan probably took that as an indirect 'yeah, go on and kidnap her', because he took my hand and led me out of the building. "I'll catch up with you guys later!" I half-yelled at the two that I left behind.

 

"Didn't you tell me I could beat you up today?" I said and pursed my lips. Gongchan brought me to the edge of the soccer field to talk privately. Not that we needed to, anyway. "Whatever. Did teacher find out about the crazy you did yesterday?"

"No, he didn't. And hah, Junsu is dead meat." Gongchan laughed.

"I already made up my mind." I said and sighed. "I know I look like I don't really care about your image, but really..."

Gongchan's eyes were really anticipating each and every single word I muttered. IT'S DISTRACTING ME GTFO GONGCHAN.

"But really," I continued. "I still don't care about your image. It's your fault. It's your problem, go fix the big mess yourself."

Damn, you gotta see that disappointed look on that puppy. D'awww. I knew he wanted to retort but I spoke again before he did.

"Okay okay, I kid. I have a heart, you know. I do care a little about your image, especially because you dragged me into this huge- mess. So I'm going to help you out. You happy?"

Gongchan smiled again.

"I'm only going to carry the name of 'Gongchan's girlfriend' until the school year ends, right?" I asked.

He nodded sharply. "Yeah, that's right."

"I don't have to act all lovey dovey around you?"

"Maybe, occasionally." Gongchan smirked. This . "I was actually going to tell you that it's okay for you to discontinue being my fake girlfriend. It was supposed to be a guilt trip, but since you said you'd help me out, then that's great! I didn't have to make you guilty for your heartlessness. No more taking back words. HAH! Everything's turning out well today."

My whole body contracted and tucked down in hate for my own being. I would curl up in a ball, roll over and fall into a septic tank and die. "I just told you I had a heart." I hit my head on my arm. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"Sorry." He chuckled, but no I'm sure he wasn't really sorry. Look at those eyes. Look. Do they look sorry? They don't.

 

I calmed down, a bit, after a while of pats on the back. I was sitting down on the bleachers waiting for Gongchan. He said he'll get juice for the two of us.

My phone buzzed briefly, telling me I got a new message. It was from Jihyun.

Girl, where are you? You're taking too long. Gongchan's here too. Bought something, but he's already heading out.

I sighed and began tapping a reply to the text message. I'll just make it up to you guys on lunch break. I just made the worst decision everWhat horrible crap did I do in my past life to deserve this?

The phone buzzed shortly after I sent my text. omg i knew it you are so kind you have the kindest heart ever, it said. I rolled my eyes. I didn't reply back.

Gongchan arrived, carrying two bottles of juice of the same flavor. He handed one to me and climbed the bleachers to join me.

"I'd hate you so much but nothing would really happen if I do."

"Whining won't solve the problem, Eunseo. Don't worry. I won't be such a huge burden." Gongchan said as he opened the bottle and drank. I watched him gulp the juice down. "Yah, stop looking at me, it makes me conscious even if I'm just drinking."

"Sorry." I said. "I'll try not to be a burden."

"Sounds good to me."

We sat there quietly watching a group of juniors playing soccer on the field. Gongchan would react every now and then because of the game, and there I was, not really caring.

"Hey Gongchan," I said, breaking the silence. I unscrewed the cap off the bottle and drank. He looked at me for a moment before his gaze went back to the game.

"What is it?"

"I have a few rules for you. Or us. Or whatever." I leaned back on my hands. "You know, just to set limits."

"Yeah?"

"First, this whole fake relationship between us shouldn't be taken seriously." 

"Okay, okay," he nodded.

"Second, we should not develop feelings for each other because that's gonna be messed up."

"I'm sure I'm not going to go against the second rule." He laughed obnoxiously. I punched his arm really hard. "Ow!"

I glared at him before talking again. "That's all. Until the school year ends, I'll pretend to be your girlfriend." I sighed. "What a troublesome life I live."


AAAAAAAAAAAND EXO JUST KILLED ME AGAIN, OMG

How was this chapter? Leave a comment~