Plans

We're Only Pretending!

THANK YOU AZELI! /hug ;; I hope this isn't my last update before school starts crey so anyway AYO WHADDUP PEOPLE! i can't think of a chapter title *smacks head on fridge* OK YEAH YEAH ON WITH THE STORY 8D Hope you guys enjoy reading~


Two days ago, I agreed on being Gongchan's fake girlfriend. On the same day, a new lesson in math was taught. I tried my best to understand it with all the things running in my head in those moments.

Yesterday, we had a test on the said topic. I pretended that I was trying to solve equations, but I was only writing a bunch of crap I only half understood.

Today, we got the results for the test. Guess what? I was one point short on passing. One point. One fricking point. How cool is that?

I wasn't alone, though.

"Let me see those hands who got lower than 60 percent." Mrs. Baek said. I raised my hand. Almost everyone did. There was also this huge wave of heavy sighs of relief heard from every corner of the class.

"I think I asked the wrong question..." Mrs. Baek chuckled, disappointment and a bit of understanding (I guess?) obviously present in her voice. "Who might be those miracles who acquired a score of 60 percent and above?"

Gongchan and another math wizard (err, witch) named Kim Yejin raised their hands, albeit quite shyly. Trust me, if I didn't have this fake relationship with Gongchan, he would have been in an instant pairing with Yejin. Just pour hot water!

"All right, that's all class. I'm giving you resting time." Mrs. Baek grinned. The whole class celebrated for the thirty-minute free time our teacher gave us. "You owe me page 271 of your textbook, though." Mrs. Baek's genuine kind smile turned into an evil one. "Answer the first exercise. We'll check it next Monday." She exited the class as we bid her goodbye.

"I'm so tired," Jihyun whined. She leaned her arms on her desk. "At least I'm not tired alone. What time is it?"

"Don't know. Almost dismissal, don't you fret and worry. This is the last subject." I wrote on some reminder notebook the homework that our teacher just mercilessly gave. It's not like I'll do it, anyway. Well, I will, but, whatever. "I'm going to the washroom." I said and stood up. "I need to wash my face, you know, to help me stay alive."

Yoonhee approached us and sat on Minah's empty seat, which was in front of Jihyun's. "Don't get into any trouble. I know you, Kim Eunseo."

"I know myself, too." I said. "Jihoon-ah, washroom." I waved at the class president; he nodded. I made sure I had my handkerchief in my pocket before I left for the restroom.

I walked to the washroom quietly. I was the only person walking along the hallway, so it felt kind of uncanny, even if I'm used to being alone. I opened the door to the washroom. It was empty as well, cept for than one closed cubicle at the end of the room.

I leaned on the sink and opened the faucet. The water streamed down roughly and I cupped my hands under it to catch the water. Yeah, I don't want to describe it anymore. Everyone knows how it goes whenever a person washes his face. I washed my face, yadda yadda yadda.

"I don't know how the heck you and Gongchan managed to pull that image," a voice said. The sound of the cubicle door creaking was making my backbone shiver. "I'm pretty sure it's fake, though."

I turned off the tap and looked up with pursed lips. The mirror showed a pretty girl, probably in her period, stern written all over her face (not literally). I didn't know how to react to her sudden show of shallow hate. Should I agree, or should I not?

There was this short mental battle between the two unimportant choices, but I ended up choosing the latter anyway.

"Don't care. Don't even know you." I said, wiping the water off my face. I looked at her. "Saw you coming. Not putting a proper subject in my sentences because I can."

"That is stupid."

"Know."

"What the frick? You're serious about not adding a subject."

"Isn't it cool?" I laughed. "I can omit the subject, yet you can still understand me."

"I was here to insult you." The girl's face softened and she smiled. "Then I found out I couldn't and shouldn't. I'm Jung Hayoung, from class D. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Kim Eunseo, from A. Nice to meet you, too."

 

"Jung Hayoung? Isn't her friend the one who has this huge crush on Gongchan?" Yoonhee laughed. "Kang Ahri."

"Really? I never knew." I shrugged. "Never knew her friend and never knew that fact about her friend. Never would've cared, too, but then being Gongchan's fake girlfriend..."

"Oh my gosh, are you jelly?" Jihyun squealed. "Dude, Ahri has this rea~lly fearsome and colossal crush on Gongchan since the start of high school. I was her classmate back then." Jihyun doodled at the back of her math notebook. "You might wanna be cautious around the girl."

"I'm always cautious around everyone except you two. I don't have to be cautious around people I can predict." I put a smug face on. The two rolled their eyes and jeered. 

"You know us too much." Jihyun laughed and finished her doodle with a swift doodle-ruining . "Ah! I hate this drawing." She messed up the notebook page with pencil stabs and deep, dark, pencil lines.

I started to draw as well while chatting with the two people since I can't do anything else. "Isn't it Friday today?" I asked. I yawned and covered my mouth.

"Yeah!" Yoonhee threw her hands up in the air, rejoicing. "What are you guys up to tomorrow? There are no classes, and we have only one homework."

"No plans." Jihyun and I said in unison.

"Do you guys want to hang out or something? I have no plans as well." Yoonhee proposed. I love these people. They keep me out of boredom. "Maybe we can go to the shopping district and gape at clothes we can't buy. We can go on a food trip, too."

"Window shopping is fun, but you might be compelled to buy a lot of unnecessary things." I said. "We might overspend, as a result. Take good care of your wallets. May they not be defiled by the temptations of buying that you can't afford."

“Why are you speaking like that? It’s weird and... well, weird. You sound Old English.” Jihyun giggled. She's being blunt as ever. "Anyway, what time?"

I tapped my nails on the desk, creating an annoying noise on purpose while thinking. "Four in the afternoon? Five? Dusk is the best time of the day, you guys. The night lights are also beautiful."

Yoonhee nodded. "Great idea. At about five, the sun's not gonna burn us when we stroll around."

"Then it's set!" Jihyun exclaimed a bit too happily. "Tomorrow, five. Don't forget!"

 

The bell rang for the last time today. It is the best sound, ever. The dismissal bell rocks. It is so my jam. I could spread it all over my sandwich.

I was already fixing my things when an undesired (well, not really) nuisance appeared. "Hi Eunseo." It was Gongchan, of course. He had his bag slung over his shoulder, ready to leave.

"What?" I asked, not so rudely. It was unusual, but I had to, because of the image we have to establish. "Grats on the A++ that you got on the math test. Good job. Keep it up." Bogus pride is bogus.

"Actually I got only 70%." He laughed. I sat lightly on my desk when my feet got sort of weary. "It was a hard test."

"Explains why only you and Yejin passed."

"I am somehow flattered," Gongchan's nose scrunched up in delight. "Okay, that's not what I came here for." He regained his composure and spoke again. "Tomorrow, I'm going out with my friends. I want to bring you with me."

I looked at him weirdly for a few seconds. "I have--"

"Okay, I take that as a yes!" Gongchan beamed and suddenly gave a quick peck on my cheek. "Bye, I need to go somewhere so I can't bring you home today. See you tomorrow!"

That spot burned and my whole face turned strawberry. I didn't really notice that I was holding my breath until my body told me I needed oxygen.


AHHHHH /flip okay. i made a ton of imaginary things in this chapter. orz

how was this chapter? did you like it? leave a comment~