Reconciliation -Ken

KPop Oneshots: On The Random! {Requests Closed!}

‘Un-Break My Heart’

By Toni Braxton

 

“Don’t leave me in all this pain, don’t leave me out in the rain

Come back and bring back my smile,

Come and take these tears away.

I need your arms to hold me now, the nights are so unkind

Bring back those nights when I held you beside me.”

 

It had been two months since you stopped talking to Ken. You had been depressed for two weeks straight because of it. You couldn’t believe it all had been a bet. You were sure Ken was only saying that he liked you because you were in the next room. Was he really going to tell you the truth? Or was he just going to continue to lie in your face? You stared out the window as the rain poured down, thinking back to that day. ~flashback~ “________, I love you, I really do!” Ken exclaimed. “If you really love me you would have told me the truth from the beginning!” you shouted. Tears were running down your face. “I know what I did was wrong, I know that. But I want to be with you, more than anything,” Ken begged. “I don’t ever want to see you again!” You sobbed, running away. ~end of flashback~ A tear streaked down your face at the painful memory. You thought about the possibility of forgiving Ken, if he was truly sorry. He left you voicemails and text messages, and one final text saying that he was going to give you some space. At least he knew when to back off.

 

“Take back that sad word goodbye, bring back the joy to my life

Don’t leave me here with these tears,

Come and kiss this pain away.

I can’t forget the day you left, time is so unkind

And life is so cruel without you here beside me.”

 

The next morning, you went out for a walk. You wanted to be alone, with no one to bother you. You noticed a park nearby, so you decided to walk around there. It was one large circle. As you walked, you noticed a lake nearby. A familiar figure was sitting in front of it. You decided to approach cautiously. You walked up behind the figure, slowly realizing it was a guy. “I can’t forget that day…that day when she left me. I really do love her, I do. I know I was wrong for not telling her about the bet…I was so stupid! How could I have let myself get caught up in that? I had fallen for her so much that I completely forgot about the bet…” It was Ken, who was scolding himself through tears. You listened to his words quietly. “I wish I could tell her how sorry I am, and how much I love her. I wish that she would take me back so that we could start over. She’s like no one else I’ve ever known. She’s so sweet and kind, she’s caring, and she’s beautiful. She doesn’t deserve to have her heart broken the way I did two months ago…” his voice trailed off as he began to cry harder.

 

“Don’t leave me in all this pain,

Don’t leave me out in the rain.

Bring back those nights when I held you beside me.”

 

“I forgive you Ken,” you spoke up, tears streaming down your face. Ken turned to see you behind him, his face struck with shock. “You forgive me? Really?” He asked. “Yes. After everything you said, even with those tears streaming down your face, I know you meant everything you said.” You replied. “Of course I mean everything I said…but you don’t deserve me,” Ken lowered his head. “Don’t say that Ken,” You told him, walking closer. “It’s true!” he protested. “No it’s not! After all this time that we’ve been apart, I realized how much I love you. You treat me so much better than I’ve been treated before, and I don’t want to lose that. I’m not giving up on you Ken, so don’t give up on me!” you said sternly. Ken couldn’t believe what he had just heard. “So, you will take me back?” he asked. “Yes Ken, I will.” You replied. He pulled you into a hug, his arms holding you tight. “I’m sorry my starlight. I will never do that to you again. I never want to lose you, never,” Ken whispered. “It’s alright Ken. I never want to lose you either,” you whispered back. Ken pulled out of the hug and took your face in his hands, kissing you sweetly.

 

“Un-break my heart, say you’ll love me again,

Undo this hurt that you caused when you walked out the door

And walked out of my life.

Un-cry these tears,

I cried so many nights, un-break my heart, my heart.”