But I Love YOU - Thunder feat. After School's Nana

KPop Oneshots: On The Random! {Requests Closed!}

Requested by RokkuKazami! Enjoy!

 


 

“SangHyun, can you come down here please?” Mrs. Park called from downstairs. Thunder made his way from upstairs, and into the living room. There he found his mother and two sisters on the couch, and across from them was another. “Ah, there you are. You remember Mr. Im don’t you? He’s an old business partner of your father’s.” Mrs. Park gestured to the man. “Ah, yes. Nice to see you again sir,” Thunder bowed ninety degrees before him, before taking a seat in the chair nearby. “SangHyun, I’ve known you and your family for a long time. I know you haven’t met my daughter before, but I would like for you to take her hand in marriage.” Mr. Im began. “May I ask why all of a sudden?” Thunder asked, raising an eyebrow. “You see, my company needs more power. I know you’re still managing your father’s company, and it’s still very powerful. But there are business calls that need to be made-“ “And you want me to improve the face of your company by marrying your daughter so you can get some sort of power, am I right?” asked Thunder, sounding angry.

Mr. Im nodded slowly. “What about a merger instead? I’m sure we can go over some contracts-“ “No, Sanghyun. You will marry this girl. It is the only way to help Mr. Im’s company. Not only that, but it was an agreement between your father and Mr. Im that you marry their daughter.” Mrs. Park cut him off. Thunder couldn’t believe what he had just heard. “Then what about my feelings mother? Shouldn’t I have a say in this?” He protested. Mrs. Park sighed, knowing that he was right. “Alright, if you can find someone else to win your heart, then we will call off the wedding. If not, you will have no choice but to marry Nana. You have two months Sanghyun.” Mrs. Park said. “I’m fine with that then. Mr. Im,” Thunder stood, bowing before Mr. Im and his family. “I understand how you feel Sanghyun. But, at least in the meantime, get to know my daughter a bit,” Mr. Im pleaded, gesturing towards Nana. Thunder walked up to her, holding out his hand. “Would you like to come out back with me?” he asked politely. Nana smiled and took his hand.

They walked outside, sitting on the porch swing. “Nana, if I’ve offended you, I’m sorry.” Thunder began. “It’s okay. I understand. I wanted to disobey my father’s wishes, but after he said it was all part of an agreement, I didn’t bother arguing.” Nana admitted. “So, you’ll be alright even if we don’t get married?” Thunder asked. “I’ll be fine. What’s important is that we’re both happy.” Nana replied. “Well, since I’m really not close with any girls other than my sisters and one best friend, I guess it wouldn’t hurt to add on to the list,” Thunder smiled lightly. “Thank you SangHyun,” Nana smiled back. “Please, call me Thunder.” Thunder replied. ~ You were working on painting your nails, when suddenly, your phone rang. “Hello?” you answered, putting the person on speaker. “__________-ah, it’s me,” Thunder replied. “Oh, hi Thunder. What’s up?” You asked, continuing to paint your nails. “I need your help. It’s really important,” Thunder said urgently. “What’s wrong?” you asked, beginning to let your nails dry. “A long time ago, my father arranged with his old business partner Mr. Im for me to marry his daughter, Nana.” Thunder began.

“Okay,” you replied, waiting for him to continue. “I objected, well, sort of,” Thunder continued. “What do you mean, sort of?” you wondered. “I objected, but my mother wouldn’t agree fully. She did make an agreement with me that if I could get a girlfriend, I wouldn’t have to marry Nana.” Thunder replied. “Did Nana have anything to say about that?” you asked. “No, Nana agrees with me. She believes that we should both be happy for what we want.” Thunder said. “So, let me guess, you want me to become your girlfriend?” you asked. “Well, not instantly, we can just start seeing each other, like normal couples would do, and then, when a month is up, I’ll introduce you as my girlfriend, we could stay together for another month, and then break up. Please? I really need you.” Thunder begged. You sighed, knowing that you would be doing your best friend a huge favor. Not that you never said no. “Alright Thunder, I’ll do it.” You agreed. “Thank you _________-ah, I knew I could count on you!” Thunder beamed through the phone. “Yeah, yeah, don’t mention it,” You said playfully, hanging up.

The next day, you were headed out to one of the local restaurants. Thunder had called you up for a lunch date, so you agreed to meet him. Entering inside, Thunder waved at you. You smiled, waving back and meeting him at the table. “Thank you for coming,” Thunder smiled, pulling out your chair for you. “No problem,” You replied, looking at the menu. “I’m so glad you agreed to do this with me. You’re a real life saver, you know?” Thunder said as he looked at you in content. After the waiter took your orders, the two of you began to talk. “So, what’s Nana like?” you asked, crossing your arms on the table. “She’s a nice girl. She’s pretty too. We share a few things in common, not much, but she’s good to get along with,” said Thunder. “Then, if she’s so nice, why don’t you just continue getting to know her? I mean, at least she won’t be Mrs. High and Mighty when the two of you get married.” You joked. “I am still getting to know her, but, I don’t want to marry someone in two months that I barely know,” He replied.

“I guess you’re right. I don’t think I would want the same,” You admitted. Thunder smiled, looking at you. “What?” you asked, curious to know why he was staring at you like that. “Nothing, just seeing how beautiful you are,” Thunder replied, continuing to smile. You could’ve sworn you felt your cheeks turn pink at his comment. He chuckled lightly, saying, “Better get used to it, jagiya,” Thunder grinned, winking. You looked down at the table, feeling your face getting hotter. You couldn’t say anything at all. “Why must he do this to me? Does he know that I secretly like him or something?” You thought to yourself. After eating lunch with Thunder, the two of you decided to go for a walk in the park. Passing in front of a flower shop, you noticed Thunder had stopped in his tracks. He paid for two bouquets, but you were unsure why. “Here you go,” he smiled, handing one to you. “But, why did you buy two?” You asked, tilting your head. “Ah, the other one is for Nana. Just to thank her for being so understanding,” Thunder explained.

“But what if her parents take it the wrong way?” You asked, frowning a bit. “I know, but they’ll change their minds after they find out I have a girlfriend,” Thunder winked. ~ Thunder walked up the steps of Nana’s house. Ringing the doorbell, he patiently waited for someone to answer. Nana opened the door, quite surprised to see Thunder standing there. “Oh, hi Thunder. What are you doing here?” She asked, confusion striking her face. “I’ve come to thank you,” Thunder said, pulling out the bouquet of roses from behind him. “You didn’t have to,” Nana said, graciously taking the bouquet. “May I come in?” Thunder asked. “Oh, please do,” Nana agreed, stepping aside so he could walk by. Closing the door, Nana quickly rushed into the kitchen to put the roses in a vase. “So, have you found someone already?” She asked, returning to the living room. “Well, I wanted to talk to you about my plan, only if you promise to keep it a secret.” Thunder began. “I wouldn’t dare to tell if it will help us get out of this arranged marriage,” Nana replied. With that, Thunder proceeded to tell Nana his plan.

A month flew by with Thunder seeing you and Nana at the same time, and then just you. Your feelings for him were still the same, but little did you know, Thunder began to have feelings for you as well. Today would be the day that Thunder would introduce you as his girlfriend, so that the entire wedding could be called off. Arriving in front of his mother’s home, the two of you walked hand in hand to the front door. “Are you ready?” he turned to you, smiling. “I’m ready,” you replied. Walking inside, you noticed that Mrs. Park had invited Mr. Im and his family to join you for dinner. “There are you are SangHyun- oh, you never told me it was __________-ah who was coming.” Mrs. Park smiled. You smiled back, greeting Mrs. Park and everyone else with a ninety degree bow. “Everyone, I have an announcement to make,” Thunder began. Everyone got real quiet. “__________-ah is my girlfriend. She’s someone I truly care about. Someone I can really love, without being awkward. I’m so glad I can depend on her when I really need her. Nana, I’m sorry. You’re a wonderful girl. But _________-ah has won my heart over.” Thunder stated.

“Well, there goes the wedding. I guess we’ve learned our lesson,” Mr. Im chuckled. “Thunder,” Nana began, approaching him. “Is it all right if we remain friends?” she asked, playing with her hands shyly. “Of course. Let’s become close friends!” Thunder said, embracing her. Nana embraced back, which awarded them with an applause from their parents. You smiled, watching them. “Well, let’s eat. We don’t want the food to get cold,” Mrs. Park said, standing from her seat. ~ After dinner, you and Thunder went out on the back porch. “_________-ah, there’s something I want to tell you,” Thunder began. “What is it?” you asked, looking up at him. “Everything that I told my mother earlier, and to Nana, I really meant that. This past month, I’ve begun to have feelings for you that I’ve never had before. I’m in love with you _________-ah.” Thunder said. You stood there in shock, not believing what you had just heard. “I’m in love with you too, Park SangHyun. I’ve been in love for a long, long time,” You replied, getting your wits together. Thunder immediately took you in his arms and kissed you passionately.

~ 1 Year Later~

You and Thunder locked lips in a quick passionate kiss. The crowd cheered for you both as you made your way out of the church. Carrying you bridal style, Thunder looked down at you with loving eyes. “I love you Mr. Park Sanghyun.” You told him. “And I love you, Mrs. Park Sanghyun,” He smiled, kissing you once again.