A Magical Monday

The Replacement Doll
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sunday Afternoon

Baekhyun burst into Kai's room. It was very rude of him to do, and he knew it, but today was a big day. And the doll and master were still sleeping. That would not do. Oh no, it would not do at all. 

The chaffeur jumped onto the bed, disregarding the fact that both boys in the bed were shirtless. The mattress bounced along with him. Kai and Kyungsoo were flopped around like fish as it moved. Finally, Kai woke up first, squinting his eyes to see who was disturbing their sleep. When he saw his chaffeur hopping around on the mattress like a rabbit, he threw his pillow at him.

"Byun Baekhyun, what the hell do you think you are doing?!" Kyungsoo woke up from Kai's loudly spoken question.

"Come now, sir! It's your one week anniversary! Rise and shine!" He jumped off of the bed and galloped to the bay windows, drawing back the curtains. Sunshine flooded in and both boys in bed covered their eyes from it, the light hurting them. "Get up! Let's go, gentlemen! Joonmyun, Jongdae, and I have planned a perfect day for you!" He spun around as if he were in a daze. "Romance, fun, excitement..."

"Please tell me you won't be there," Kai groaned, throwing off the blankets off of himself and Kyungsoo. Swinging his legs out of the bed, the boss' son walked over to his closet to find a wife beater to wear. Kyungsoo watched him move, enjoying the way his muscles flexed. The older his lips. 

Baekhyun only responded with a smile and a flirtatious wave, skipping out of the room afterwards. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and got off of the bed as well. It seemed as though the chaffeur was more excited about this day than he and Kai were. It was only then, as he was standing up, that Kyungsoo noticed he was lacking his shirt. He looked around for it and found it on the floor right beside Kai's. Uh-huh. So, he had been stripped last night.

The doll sneaked up behind his master. As soon as Kai got a hold of the wife beater he was looking for, Kyungsoo grabbed it out of his hand. Kai whipped around, mouth dropped. Kyungsoo climbed back onto the bed and slipped on the clothing, adjusting it as the younger approached, pursing his lips. Kyungsoo gestured mockingly at him and jumped up and down as Baekhyun had.

"Give me back the shirt, doll face!"

"No thanks," Kyungsoo responded. "I'd prefer to keep it on my own body."

"I'm about to rip it off of your body," Kai threatened, getting onto the bed on his knees. He bounced with the movement of the mattress as Kyungsoo jumped on it. "What's with you people and jumping on my bed?"

"It's fun!" Kyungsoo insisted, throwing his arms up into the air. "Try it! I'm Tigger! Come bounce with me!"

Huffing, Kai stood upright on the mattress. It creaked as he started to hop along with Kyungsoo. For a moment, Kai felt like he was a kid again. Like he wasn't a part of his father's press conferences or Kim Industries. Like his mother was still alive and the family was still a whole.

But looking at Kyungsoo, watching him laugh as they jumped high enough to touch their own, personal stars, Kai realized that all of that didn't matter as long as the doll was in his life. He'd endure his father, the press conferences, and the fact of knowing his mother would never come back as long as Kyungsoo was in his life.

The two hopped around for a few more minutes until Kyungsoo flopped onto the bed onto his back, giggling from how ridiculously they were behaving. Kai landed right beside him, the mattress bouncing a few more times from his weight. Kyungsoo layed his head on Kai's still bare chest, listening to his quickly pacing heart beat. He pulled away when Kai started pulling up on the hem of his wife beater on Kyungsoo's body. Aha, so he just wanted his shirt back. Kyungsoo wouldn't give it up so easily. He deserved this shirt after being kept in the cargo areas of planes and being forced to run between two countries and being stripped of his own shirt. He was entitled to keep it.

Kai was prepared to pin Kyungsoo down onto the bed and take the beater off with his teeth when the door opened again. In walked Chanyeol, the one and only, head accountant to Mr. Kim. His honey colored locks skipped along with him, his large glasses glittered when the lenses were struck by sunshine. The tall boy smiled at the couple on the bed, bowing at them. He looked like a large sweetheart, but as soon as he started speaking, his voice scared the heck out of Kyungsoo. What tenor was that voice even in?!

"Jongin, sir," Chanyeol began, his deep voice booming through the room, "I was wondering if I could ask you a question..." He fiddled with his fingers. He looked like a large, nervous kid, but the voice spoiled the entire appearance. 

"What is it?" Kai asked.

"Well, I was wondering if I could, well, have the day off, and if, well, Baekhyun could also have a free day today because I...I..." He blushed madly as he tried to find the words.

Kai laughed heartily. "Yes, you can have the day off. So can Baekhyun." 

Chanyeol clapped his hands and spilled out dozens of 'thank yous,' backing out of the room backwards. He slammed into the wall accidently and ended up falling down. Kyungsoo burst out laughing, especially when a water filled vase with flowers on the table near the door tipped over from the vibrations of Chanyeol's fall, the water and roses falling all over the tall boy. With a derpy grin, the accountant put one of the roses between his teeth and went to go find the chaffeur.

Kai smiled as Kyungsoo continued to laugh. He made his way over to the toppled over vase, picking up a rose himself. Putting it between his teeth just as Chanyeol had, the boss' son went over to his stereo and inserted a CD which played Flamenco music. Kyungsoo stopped laughing. He watched as Kai went over the door and kicked it shut, then turned around with the rose still in his mouth. Clapping once as if he were about to run with the bulls as they did in Spain, Kai assumed a Flamenco type position.

"Baila conmigo, señor."

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. Kai sighed, remembering that not everyone in the world spoke more than one language like him.

"Dance with me," Kai repeated only this time in Korean. He held out his hand, the other raised over his head gracefully as if he were truly were a professional Flamenco dancer. Laughing, Kyungsoo took his hand and was immediately pulled towards the younger's body. "Hola~"

"Bonjour," Kyungsoo said. Kai laughed at his doll's terrible French pronounciation. 

"Remember our dance from before?" Kai asked. "Same dance, what do ya say? Only a lot faster to the rhythm. Our fiesta now officially begins!"

Kyungsoo giggled furiously as he and Kai twirled all around the room, the Spanish music giving the atmosphere a funky feeling. Kai added some hip action to his movements, his body flowing to the music as if he was made of water. Kyungsoo wouldn't be surprised if Kai told him in the next five seconds that he had a degree in Salsa and Flamenco. He was that good.

Kai was about to purpousely trip Kyungsoo again like he did the last time they danced but the older saw it coming. He immediately backed away from the younger, hands outstretched in front of him as if he were warning him to back off. Kai smirked and backed Kyungsoo up until he hit the wall. They were both sweating from the intensive dancing. The room was heated and still heating up. Kai pressed himself against Kyungsoo and their lower regions touched. The older gasped as shockwaves tore through his spine.

Kai began to lean forward to give Kyungsoo a kiss. His eyelids began to droop as he got closer. When they closed completely, Kyungsoo ducked out of the way and crawled in between Kai's legs, running to the door. Kai ended up kissing the wall and he yelped, looking all over the place for his doll. He let out a growl when he saw Kyungsoo doubling over laughing near the door.

"You tease, dammit! Why do you have to do this to me?!"

Kyungsoo couldn't contain himself. "Because it's too funny!" He continued to crack himself up, leaning against the wall for support as he ran out of breath. He stopped when he saw how sad Kai looked. His eyes were becoming glassy as if he were about to cry. Kyungsoo shook his head. "Oh, no, no. Kai, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to upset you! Kai..." He rushed over to him.

As soon as he was in arm's distance of Kai, the younger's tears vanished. He grabbed Kyungsoo and threw him onto the bed, getting on top. The older fell into another laughing fit, almost exploding when Kai began to tickle him like he had done back in China. Only this time, the tickling was much more severe. Laughter was not only the best medicine but the best punishment too.

Kyungsoo rolled around all over trying to escape Kai's skilled fingers. His moving only gave the tickle master access to other parts of his body; the neck, the stomach, a very sensitive area on Kyungsoo's shoulder. It was all too much. He made a mental note not to ever challenge Kai again. And also not to ever fall for the younger's acting anymore.

They were interrupted by another knock on Kai's door. Laughing, Kai went over to open it, smiling at the person on the other side. The raven hair streaked to side, covering the eyes with its bangs. The smile was shy and small. Kai leaned against the door, grinning.

"What can I do for you, Zitao?"

"Jongin, sir, everything is ready for your date. Courtesy of me, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Joonmyun, and Jongdae. And Yi Fan too since he sent us some money to pay for what we planned for you..."

Kai raised an eyebrow. Kyungsoo came up from behind him, giving Zitao a curt nod. He didn't even know the younger boy but somehow already liked him. A Zen like aura radiated from him. It was as if this Zitao figure was the definition of calm himself. Maybe he was even the word. Kyungsoo suddenly felt like lighting some candles and meditating.

Zitao gestured for Kai and Kyungsoo to follow him downstairs. The two boys did as they were told, Kyungsoo right behind the tranquil boy with Kai right behind his doll. They marched downstairs like penguins. Walking outside, Zitao bowed as he took his leave of absence, leaving them out on the front lawn as he walked back inside the house. He had some things to do for Yi Fan while the other was away. 

Baekhyun waved at them from his car. Chanyeol stood right beside him while Joonmyun and Jongdae sat on the hood. Kyungsoo skipped over to Joonmyun, his best friend immediately pulling him in for a hug. It had been their first in a while and it felt wonderful to Kyungsoo. He missed his best pal's hugs. They were more comforting than his own mother's.

Jongdae opened the car door for Kyungsoo and the latter hopped in. Kai got in after him, Chanyeol following suit, placing himself in front next to the driver's seat. Baekhyun revved the engine after seating himself beside Chanyeol, blushing horribly at being so close to the boy he had a major crush on. 

Joonmyun knocked on Kyungsoo's window before they drove off. Kyungsoo rolled it down and Joonmyun dropped something into Kai's knees. The boss' son picked it up, screaming in rage when he saw it was a . Chanyeol erupted with laughter and Baekhyun joined him. Kyungsoo covered his face to hide the embarassment.

"What the hell, Joonmyun?!"

"Safety first, Jongin sir. Take 'em away, Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun pulled out of the driveway before Kai could jump out of the car and attack Joonmyun. Huffing, he stuffed the into his pocket. Kyungsoo poked him a few seconds later.

"What, doll face?"

"Can I see it?"

"See what?"

"The ."

Chanyeol turned around with the derpiest face ever, smiling deviously at Kai and Kyungsoo. His right eye squinted more than his left as he grinned as wide as the Cheshire cat, a twitch forming on top of it all. Kai gulped.

"Why?"

"I've never seen one before."

Baekhyun choked on his own spit and pulled over. He whipped around to stare at Kyungsoo, eyes wide. "You've never---what?!"

"Woah, dude," Chanyeol whistled. "That's just wow. Jongin, I think your dream of finding an innocent little deer has just been fulfilled."

Kai blinked a few times. He pulled the out of his pocket and handed it to Kyungsoo. The older turned it over in his hands a few times before giving it back to the younger, turning away to look out the window afterwards. Yes, he was the only chaste one here. Yes, it was embarassing. But no, he wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon anyways.

Baekhyun cracked his neck and started to drive again. A weird, awkward silence filled the vehicle as the chaffeur drove the couple who knows where. Kai wasn't planning on going on a date with Kyungsoo that he himself did not put together but he trusted his men. They were his best friends, his little army. They were one.

Baekhyun rounded the corner of the main street, pulling onto the highway. Chanyeol put in his ear phones, becoming completely oblivious to everything going on around him. He rocked his head to the music blasting through his ears, tapping on

Please log in to read the full chapter