Chapter 1: Meeting you

Love by a Monster

 

        It was a cold night in Korea, and I was heading home. The nights were quite and cold. Work has been tough on me, and ever since I lost my mom I have to take care of my dad. He’s currently staying in a retirement home. Even though I offered him to stay with me in my apartment he said he didn't want to cause any troubles for me. I live by myself and I’m always alone, I mean I have friends its just their busy with their own boyfriends. Any who when I got to my building I see a figure of a man standing outside, he had a red Mohawk

 

 

I slowed down my steps and stared at the man, he didn’t seem to notice me, I ignored it and passed him, as I passed him he looks up and stared at me with fierce red eyes. For some reason I stared back at him, it didn’t take me long enough to figure out what I was doing, I looked away and walked inside my building. I got my keys out and opened the door downstairs, before I walked in I turned around to see if the man is still there. The man was actually staring  back at me. His eyes were glowing as he stared at me. I decided to be polite and bowed.

 

“Have a good night.” I bowed and walks in

 

I went inside the elevator and pressed floor number 8. I waited until we got to the floor. The doors opened and I stepped out, when I got to my door I grabbed my keys and opened the door. I took off my shoes and threw the keys to my table. I put the groceries I had in the kitchen and laid down in the sofa.

 

“Oh I’m so TIRED!” I screamed

 

I closed my eyes and everything just out. I always dreamt about my mom, I remembered how she would let me lay my head on her lap every time I have nightmares. She would always sleep with me every time we had a fight in order for us to make up. I miss her, I miss my mom so much. Just dreaming about her makes me cry, every time I wake up I would find my face wet covered with tears. Suddenly I heard a thump, my eyes shot opened I got up and looked around. I grabbed my bat and held it up, I walked slowly searching the room. I went inside my room, and checked the closet, turns out the thumping noise came from a bottle of perfume that had fallen, I sighed and put the bat down. I bent down and picked up the bottle. I walked over to check if the man with red Mohawk was still there but he wasn’t. He must of left already.

 

~The next morning~

 

My alarm rang and my eyes felt so heavy to open, I slowly got up and took a shower. But for some reason I felt as if I was not alone, just before I finished I heard another thump, I slowly turn off the water and grabbed my towel. I stepped out and walked inside my room, I look around and headed to the closet, I slowly walk towards it, when I got to the door of the closet I stopped before opening the door, I counted to three and pulled the door open. I look around and nothing, but this time my perfume did not fall, I close the door, and look around trying to find out where the thump came from, Suddenly I felt a cold breeze blew in. I turn and saw that the window was open. I walked over and closed the window, when I did I look down trying to see if the man from last night came back. But as I looked down, no one was there. I sighed and walk back to my closet, I picked out what I was going to wear today. Today was even colder, there might be a chance of snow.

 

I grabbed my bag and left, As I walked out there was police tape, and there were blood covering the streets. I gagged and walked the other way, the image of the blood was stuck in my head and l couldn’t get it out of my head. Every thing that I saw was the image of the blood. Who’s was it? What happened? This never happened around my neighborhood before why now? When I got to the train I sat down and let out a sigh. I leaned against the chair and pulled my head back. I look at the time and I was running a little bit late, I checked my phone and not one message or phone call. I got off my stop and headed to the restaurant. I went to the back and changed into uniform, just when I was about to walk out I look in the mirror and I see the same man with the red Mohawk staring at me through the windows, his eyes were fierce and they were beautiful. Normally you’d feel scared when a strange man stares at you with fierce, however I felt calm and safe. I turn around to look at the window but he was gone. I walked over and stuck my head out, I searched for the man, yearning to find out who is he? And why does he stare at me with those beautiful eyes, un fortunately he disappeared. Where the hell could he have gone to.

 

“Oi Mika, we have to go, we’re really busy today.” My co worker Hana said

 

“DE!!.” I screamed

 

I walked out and started working, the restaurant was packed today. From one table after another there were orders. Finally my break came, and I walked out and walked towards the alley to throw away the trash. I stayed in the alley before heading to lunch, when I see the man with red hair walked by. I ran after him but as usual he would disappear. I sighed and walked back in Hana and I ate at the back together. She was like a friend to me and she was always nice to me. But we weren’t that close.

 

“Ne Mika, did you hear what happened?” She asked

 

“What?” I asked as I stared at her with confusion in my face

 

“The incident that happened in front of your building, I head some guy was killed.” She said

 

“Killed?” I asked suddenly I remembered the scene from this morning that I saw

 

“Yea.” She answered

 

“How was he killed?” I asked

 

“he was ripped apart.” She points out

 

“Ripped? What kind of human being rips another human being apart? Is that even possible?” I asked

 

“I don’t know, but who ever did it is not human.” Hana points out

 

I stayed quite as I continued to eat, suddenly my boss walks in and stares at me.

 

“Mika, the police is looking for you.” He said

 

“Police?” I asked

 

“Yea.” He answered

 

“What did I do?” I asked acting panic

 

my manager just shrugged his shoulder and I got up, I walked out and headed to the two detective who were standing outside waiting for me. I stood in front of the two men and they turned to look at me. I bowed and so did they.

 

“Jang Mika?” One of them asked

 

“Yes.” I answered

 

“ We are Detective Hyun Bin, and detective lee Do you have time? We would like for you to come with us for a second.” Detective Hyun Bin said

 

I nodded and followed the two men out, they put inside the police car drove away. When we got there, the two detective escorted me and put me inside a room with a mirror. I sat down and the detective handed me a folder with a picture of a man.

 

“Do you know who he is?” He asked

 

“No sir, am I supposed to?” I asked

 

“No, his name is Kim Juu Suk, 45 years old, no family.” Detective Lee points out

 

“Um, what does he have anything to do with me?” I asked

 

Detective Lee settled another folder in front of me. I stared at it then looked at the two men that were staring at me.

 

“Open it.” Detective Hyun Bin in a soft tone

 

I opened the folder and was shocked of what was inside. There pictures of me leaving my house, entering my house, pictures of me inside my apartment, and even me sleeping. What’s worse was that there was a picture of me taking a shower. I pushed the folder away and turned away.

 

“Umm how did you-

 

“It wasn’t us that took it Ms. Jang, the one who took it is Kim Juu Suk himself.” Detective Lee said

 

“What?” I asked as my heart pounded

 

“Ms. Jang we believe that this man Kim Juu Suk is stalking you, are you sure you’ve never met the man before?” Detective Lee asked

 

“May I see his picture again?” I asked

 

Deetctive Hyun Bin smiled and handed me the folder that contains the man’s Information. I paid attention to the man’s face, suddenly it hit me.

 

“Ah, I remember now he came and ate at our restaurant before.” I told them

 

“Did you might of done something to him that gave him the urge to stalk you?” Detective Hyun Bin asked

 

“well when I was going home, he lost his glasses, and I stayed behind to help him. Unfortunately we couldn’t it so I helped him get home.” I told them

 

“Ok Mika listen very carefully to me, that man’s blood was found in front of your apartment, however his body was not found. We believe he is still alive, you have to be careful, we think that his target is to get you.” Detective Hyun Bin said as he stared at me in the eye

 

I nodded, and rubbed my temples, the police finally let me go and drove me back to my work. I bowed to the two men that were sitting in the front seats.

 

“Mika if anything happens give us a call.” Detective Hyun Bin said

 

“Kamsahamida (Thank you)” I bowed and walk in

 

The restaurant was about to close, when I walked in Hana approached me

 

“Mika, what happened?” She asked

 

“oh they were just questioning about the incident that happened in front of my building.” I told her

 

“But why you though?” She asked

 

“to tell you the truth, I’m not sure if I should say this.” I said hesitating

 

“WAE? Tell me, tell me.” She begged

 

“He stalks me, and turns out he’s not dead yet.” I answered

 

“MWO?! Jinja? (What really?)” she asked yelling

 

“AISHH, shh keep your voice down.” I said as covered

 

“Kwenchana? (are you ok?)” Hana asked

 

“I guess, I just want to go home for now.” I told her

 

“yea you should. I’ll help you get your stuff.” She said as she walk with me inside the employee room

 

As I was getting my stuff ready, Hana stayed and watched me. She leaned against the locker with her arm folded across her chest.

 

“Wae?” I asked

 

“Are you sure your going to be ok?” She asked

 

“don’t worry I’ll be fine.” I answered

 

“should I sleep over tonight?” She asked

 

“Its fine don’t worry about it, ok.” I smiled

 

“At least let me walk home with you?” she offered

 

“Oh no its ok, I’m going to visit my dad today.” I smiled

 

“AISHH Mika, whatever happens, don't hesitate to call ok.” She said as she held my hand

 

“hmm, kamsahamida.” I bowed and left

 

it was nice for her to care about me, but I don’t want to cause trouble for her. I can't drag her to my problems. I headed to the retirement home and asked if I could see my dad, the lady took me inside a room and my dad was laying down watching TV.

 

“Appa (dad)” I smiled as I approached him

 

“Oh, Mika how’s my daughter doing?” he asked

 

“I’m fine what about you?” I asked

 

“Oh I’m just doing fine.” He smiled

 

“Appa, are you sure you don't want to live with me?” I asked

 

“AIGOO, is my daughter being whinny all of a sudden?” He asked

 

“No it’s not like that its just, why don't you live with me so you could see me everyday?” I asked

 

“Mika I’m 70 years old, your 22, Appa is old and your old too, you should live your life. Find a boyfriend and get married, have your own children too.” He said

 

“Aishh if only you didn't have me when you were 47, you could of lived with me, and have our time with together.” I pouted

 

“Ya, don’t say that.” My dad said sounding angry

 

“Hai, gomen gomen (sorry, sorry)” I smiled

 

“Look at my daughter speaking Korean and Japanese at the same time. You took it from your mother.” He laughed

 

“You miss her don’t you Appa?” I asked

 

“Every second of it.” He smiled

 

I smiled and held his hand, I didn’t plan to stay there long, but for some reason I ended up leaving at 10 O’ clock. I walked home and I was being very cautious about my surroundings. I had my eyes locked everywhere. I managed to make it home safely. When I opened the door, the room was dark. The way my apartment felt on that day was weird. I hesitated before turning on the light, and when I did, there were pictures of me up on the wall everywhere. I fell to the ground and curled up like a ball. I can’t take this anymore, this person is scaring me to the point where I might just kill myself, in order to escape this feeling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~Well here is my first chapter everyone enjoy it~