The girl next door

My Virtual Girl

Home.

 
Finally home. 
 
Jonghyun dropped everything and proceeded to his livingroom to attend to his 'girfriend's needs. Sure he kept connected through his phone all through the day, afterall, all girlfriends, even virtual ones are quite demanding. 
 
"But nothing can beat seeing her live on her big screen" Jonghyun mused.
 
And so he goes. 
 
Forgetting that he hadn't had any food since that pathetic botched attempt of a lunch this morning.
Forgetting that he hadn't had any shower since..... Few days... At least...
Forgetting all his disappointment earlier
 
Forgetting everything.....
 
 
~Time skip 5 hours~
 
It's almost midnight.
 
11.53 pm to be exact.
 
Jonghyun's eyes are all red and dry. His head is starting to get heavy so he turned into the sofa to find a more comfy head rest.
 
And there it is, sitting on top if it.
 
"The weird game"
 
/flashback/
 
*Jonghyun POV*
 
As i step into this new game shop, i felt a weird and ominous feeling. Shrugging it off as just a cool breeze
I continued to strode deeper into the shop aisles.
 
 
First thing i noticed. 
 
Rent only. 
 
"Wtf.... What is this? 1990's? Who the eff rent games these days..."...  
 
Weird number one.
 
 
Second thing i noticed
 
"How the hell is this possible??!! I don't even recognised even a single game here??!!" 
Now, i wouldn't go as far as calling myself a gaming expert, but i think it would be safe to say that i am quite knowledgeable in this particular area. But what the hell?!!! I don't even recognised a single game here!?! 
"And what's with the cover. It's all a picture of a real girl, not the usual 2D animation girls" 
 
"Must be a new indie game company"
 
Weird number two.
 
They aren't even selling the usual games. This is by far the weirdest shop i've ever been. And trust me, that's saying alot. After all, i have been to the shaddier side of gaming shops while i was in Japan.
 
 
And what's with the girl on the counter. She just sat there with the same smiling expression since i got here..
 
Its almost as if... 
 
as if... 
 
She isn't human.
 
"Ha ha... Very funny Jonghyun" i scolded myself over my ridiculous comment.
 
I gotta admit though, the girls on the cover of these games sure are pretty.
 
I looked through the shop for a little longer, trying to ignore this uneasy feeling i have, but after a little while i decided to leave. But not before hiring a couple games.
 
I went to the counter and handed in the couple of games i've chosen.
 
"I'd like to rent these please" hmmm.... Weird.. Why am i not nervous talking to her..
 
"I am very sorry sir. One customer can only rent one game at a time" the girl replied in a monotonous almost drone like (in my suspicion theory) tone. With the same creepy smile in place.
 
What the hell?! Only one?! How the hell does this shop make any money?! 
 
Oh well... Not my problem i guess. 
 
I started to siff through the few games i picked earlier. But there wasn't really any doubt of which i would pick. 
 
"The girl next door" 
 
That's what the title said on the game i currently hold in my hand. On the cover is a picture of a pretty girl. She looks so lively and bubbly. Her eyes radiates with so much shine, they somehow almost hypnothizes me each time i look at them..
 
"Alright, i guess i will take this one then" i said to the girl at the counter. 
 
"No problem at all, here is your membership card, as stated on the game case, the rental period is 6 months. Please return her in a perfect condition at the end of the lease time, thank you for using our service!" The counter girl replied cheerily
 
"What the eff?!! Six months?!! Where in the case does it say that?!"
I quickly skimmed through the case. Oh! Here it is. It does say six months maximum rental time. Why so long?....
 
"Excuse me do you know why the ren..." I asked as i looked up to the counter... 
 
and she was gone.
 
The creepy counter girl is gone.
 
Now the whole shop is empty, with only me in it.
 
 
"Hello! Anybody here!" I shouted
 
Silent........
 
"... I haven't even paid for this yet..."
 
At that moment, i had a strong urge to just drop the game and left. This shop is way to creepy for my taste. But as i look at the game case one last time. And i see those eyes piercing through mine.. I relented
 
Against my better judgements, i decided to leave some money on the counter for the game and left with it..
 
As i walk outside, i couldn't help but thinking maybe this is a bad idea, and it may be better to just left the game there...
 
"It's just a bloody game.. What harm can it do" i consoled myself as i started to walk down the road back to my place.
 
*end Jonghyun POV*
 
Jonghyun quickly walked towards his house, not even turning back once...
 
Had he turn, he would have noticed that the shop, complete with its bright pink and purple neon lights at the corner of the street is no longer there...
 
What is left is just a dark intersection like it normally is at 7 pm.
 
/flashback ends/
 
 
"Urrggghh i'm already buggered... Maybe i should just try this tomorrow" Jonghyun mumbled.. But somehow, he felt a storng urge, a compulsion even, to play the game. And play the game he did. Jonghyun groggily put on the disc onto his gaming console. He then slouched lazily next to the sofa. 
 
He press starts and a weird logo appeared on the screen.  "I've seen this logo before" he thought to himself. "It's the same logo that appeared on the membership card the weird counter girl gave me" he said.
 
It's a sketch of a tree with two angels facing it on both sides. One was carrying a a bow the other carrying a sword.
 
The logo stayed on the screen for a little while for a few seconds 
 
Suddenly a very bright light emits from the TV screen. It slowly becoming brighter and brighter until Jonghyun had to look away from it.
 
"What the is going on??!!!" He screamed in panic.
 
and then suddenly something slowly coming out of the TVs
 
"Oh ! Oh god! Oh ! This isn't happening!! IT IS NOT happening!!!" jonghyun is now in a full freaking out mode. his paranoid mind started to think a ghost, much like the one from the movie "the ring" will come and drag him to the stupid well she is in.
 
"!! What do i do? What do i do!" He franticaly said when all of the sudden the bright light just go off and something just plopped onto the carpet right in front of him...
 
He slowly lift up his head, hoping to all the gods in heaven that it won't be a girl in white hospital dress with super messy long hair that greets him..
 
As his eyes finally reach the person in front of him, he heard a cheerful voice from the said person
 
"annyeonghaseyo, park jiyeon inmida" 
 
Its that girl...
 
The girl from the case.....
 
The same blue sundress, the same pretty and bubbly smile
 
The same eyes..
 
"Bu.... Bu.... But ho... Howww...." He mumbled out his words
 
"Oh! Do you want me to speak english? hi! Im jiyeon! Nice to meet you!" The girl said again with the same cheerfulness.
 
 
Brakkkk!!!
 
And THAT, is the loud sound of Jonghyun's head hitting the floor. He is out cold from shock..
 
"Oh boy... I guess... It is a little to much for him" jiyeon said. She looked left and right and then she walked around the apartment. She went into the bathroom, switch on something on what appears to be a button on her watch. 
 
She move the watch closer to and then mouthed 
 
 
"Mission is a go"
 
 
 
 
AN: wohoo!!! Here is another one!!! I am on a roll baby! :D How was this chapter? Is it good? I had the fortunate case of free saturday this weekend so i took the time to fix the foreword and description (please check it out) and also wrote this chapter out. 
I am really enjoying writting fantasy driven story like this, it sets my imagination wild. 
 
I have a fair idea of what the end game of this story will be, but on how to get there, i am just winging it as we go along.
 
Please review and let me know how i go, cheers