Moving In

Family [hiatus]

 

Howon woke up pretty early the next day for he was very excited and nervous for it was his first day at his new school. He's not really nervous about going to school since two of his new cousins are already gonna be his classmate and that the pretty uncle will be his teacher.

To be honest, Howon is more nervous here at home than meeting new people, because Sunggyu just moved in with him and his papa.

"G-good morning," Howon stammered a bit as he peeked into the kitchen from the stairs.

"Good morning Howon," Sunggyu greeted happily as he cooked today's breakfast.

"Have you seen papa?" Howon asked.

"He's in the laundry room looking for his sneakers," Sunggyu replied as he placed a big stack of pancakes on the table.

"Oh," Howon said as his eyes lit up at the pancakes but he made no move from his spot. "Okay."

"I made pancakes since your papa said it's your favourite," Sunggyu said as he placed syrup and juice on the table. "So... um... breakfast is ready."

"Thank you Sunggyu..." Howon said quietly looking away and Sunggyu felt a bit hurt. "I... I'm gonna wait for papa to eat."

And with that said Howon went back to his room to prepare for school leaving a dejected looking Sunggyu to sigh in defeat. He then went to the laundry room to tell his husband his worries.

“Your son hates me,” was the first thing Sunggyu said when he saw Dongwoo trying to reach for his right sneaker at the top most shelf.

“Nonsense,” Dongwoo said immediately as he finally got his shoe then faced Sunggyu. "Howon likes you."

"He wouldn't be in the same room alone with me, he wouldn't eat with me, he wouldn't look me in the eye when he talks to me, he keeps at least 10 feet away when it's just the two of us," Sunggyu pointed out.

"He's just shy," Dongwoo countered.

"He calls me Sunggyu," Sunggyu stated and he looked hurt the most as he said that.

"Sunggyu, Sunggyu, Sunggyu," Dongwoo cooed as he wraps his arms around Sunggyu's waist. "My precious Gyu-geegee, stop thinking so much about it okay? Howon likes you more than he's letting on, he's just having a hard time showing it cause you're the first person I've gone this steady with since his mother died."

"I just," Sunggyu sighed. "I've never been good with kids, and I really want Howon to like and accept me."

"He does like you, believe me," Dongwoo said as he kissed Sunggyu's forehead making his lover smile. "Now where is the little rascal?"

"He's preparing for school," Sunggyu answered. "He said he'll wait for you to eat breakfast."

"I'll go get him then," Dongwoo said. "You go wait in the kitchen, we'll join you in a minute."

 

When Dongwoo got up stairs he found his son sitting on his bed, all dressed up for school and ready to go.

"What are you doing there just sitting Howon?" Dongwoo asked with a smile.

"Papa," Howon replied with his own smile as he got up and hugged his father. "Good morning."

"I see you're all ready for your first day of school huh?" Dongwoo said as he crouched down to be level with his son.

"Yup," Howon smiled. "I've got all my things ready too."

"Then why haven't you eaten breakfast yet?"

"I was waiting for you papa," Howon said though he looked away from his father.

"Sunggyu was there," Dongwoo pointed out. "Why didn't you eat with him?"

Howon stayed silent and still didn't look at his dad.

"Don't you like Sunggyu?" Dongwoo asked.

"I like him!" Howon said at once, looking straight at Dongwoo. "He cuts the crust off my toast, he let's me watch Pororo all day, he buys me toys and he makes you happy papa."

"Then why don't you talk with him more or eat with him?" Dongwoo asked. "That makes papa sad Howonnie."

"Because," Howon started. "What if he doesn't like me too papa?"

"Oh Howonnie," Dongwoo laughed as he hugged his son. "Sunggyu likes you very much and besides no one can ever not like you."

"You really think so papa?"

"I know so," Dongwoo smiled reassuringly. "Now let's go down and eat with Gyu so that you can go to school filled with energy."

 

Breakfast passed by with a much more talkative Howon and a more smiley Sunggyu than their past meals together and soon enough it was time to go to school.

"See you later Gyu," Dongwoo said as he kissed his husband goodbye.

"Take care of yourself," Sunggyu said.

"Let's go Howon," Dongwoo said.

"Wait~" Howon whined as he had trouble tying his shoes.

"Let me Howon," Sunggyu said as he knelt down and tied the child's shoes. "There, now you won't trip at school."

"Thanks Sunggyu," Howon said with a small smile and even though he called him by his name Sunggyu felt more acknowledged by Howon now and that made him smile too.

Suddenly, all of a sudden, Howon did the most unsuspected thing Sunggyu can think of, he hugged him. Sunggyu was so shocked that he couldn't react and before he could move his arms to hug back Howon let go of him and rushed to the car where his father was waiting leaving a smiling Sunggyu behind.

 

 


 

 

and now we have met the Jang family :)

to give you a little background, Howon's mother and Dongwoo's wife passed away when Howon was 4 and Dongwoo and Sunggyu just got married so Howonnie is still a bit shy around his new mother daddy

now before I go let me just cry because OMG B1A4 won their first win today ;A; first Jinyoung was crying then CNU then my baby, Baro, was crying then everyone [except for Channie] was crying then I was crying and this is just like the first time INFINITE won ;A; so proud of my babies T^T