New Friends

Family [hiatus]

As soon as Dongwoo parked the car outside Summer Days pre-school did Howon excitedly get out and hurry to the school.

"Howon wait!" his dad called as he rushed to his son. "You forgot your bag."

"Oh sorry papa," Howon said as he stopped to wait for Dongwoo to get his bag then he now walked hand in hand with his dad to his classroom.

When they reached Howon's classroom Dongwoo immediately found his son's teacher helping the kids put their bags in their cubbies

"Sungjongie!" Dongwoo called making the teacher look up to them with a bright smile.

"Dongwoo-hyung," Sungjong greeted happily giving a quick hug to the elder before he smiled at little Howon. "And Howonnie too, ready for your first day at school?"

"Yup," Howon said with a smile. "I've got all my things in my bag uncle."

"Aren't you such a big boy," Sungjong said as he ruffled the little boy's hair and got his bag to place it in a cubby. "I'll place your bag in a purple cubby since Sunggyu-hyung said you like purple."

"Yes I do," Howon said happily as he got the purple cubby. "Very much."

"Now why don't you go and play with the other kids for a while before classes start," Sungjong smiled. "Woohyun and Sungyeol have been waiting for you by the building blocks over there."

"Okay," Howon said clearly excited to play, he then gave a quick goodbye hug to his father before he ran to his cousins and play.

"Gyu will be the one to pick him up later," Dongwoo told Sungjong. "Going home together will give them a chance to talk alone more."

"Are they not getting along?" Sungjong asked concerned.

"They're getting along fine," Dongwoo smiled reassuringly. "I just want them to be more closer."

"With how sweet Howon is they'll be close in no time," Sungjong said.

"I know they will," Dongwoo said as he looked at Howon who was talking happily with Woohyun. "I'll be going now then."

"Take care," Sungjong said as Dongwoo went out the door.

 

With Howon...

"Woohyunnie! Sungyeollie!" Howon called happily as he approached his cousins.

"Howonnie!" Woohyun replied happily as he tackled Howon into a hug making them tumble on the floor. "I missed you so much Howonnie."

"Woohyunnie," Sungyeol said as he pulled his brother off Howon. "I wanna hug him too!"

"Oh sorry Yeollie," Woohyun said as he and Howon got up and Sungyeol hugged Howon too but not as aggressive as his brother.

"Welcome to our pre-school Howonnie," Sungyeol smiled as he pulled away.

"You're gonna love it here Howonnie," Woohyun smiled. "We have lots of paint here for arts time, we have different kinds of snack everyday and you get candy if you answer the questions right!"

"Really??" Howon said, amazed.

"And the best part is that we have daddy as our teacher!" Sungyeol said happily but then his face turned serious. "But we can't call him daddy here, we have to call him teacher."

"Why not?" Howon asked.

"Cause it's not fair for the other kids... I think..." Sungyeol said unsurely. "Which is why we call him teacher."

"Oh," Howon said as if he understood why.

"We're gonna have so much fun together Howonnie," Woohyun said with a huge huge smile. "And you're gonna meet so many people and- KIBUMMIE!!"

Woohyun then ran past Howon to tackle another boy who caught Woohyun as if he was used to the daily tackle.

"Kibummie I want you to meet Howonnie," Woohyun said excitedly as he pulled the boy named Kibum to their little group. "Kibummie this is Howonnie, he's my new cousin. Howonnie this is Kibummie, he's my bestest friend ever!"

“Nice to meet you Kibummie,” Howon said with a smile.

“You too Howonnie,” Kibum said with his own smile. “Woohyunnie only talked about you the whole day last week.”

“He really did,” Sungyeol whispered to his cousin and Woohyun smiled sheepishly.

“Howon is just so cool to not talk about,” Woohyun said.

Howon turned a bit red at his cousins praise and before he could say anything Sungjong told them to gather round so that they could start their lesson for the day.

 

The day’s lesson was about adding numbers and Howon is very good in adding numbers so by the end of the lesson Howon got 7 candies and his new classmates are really amazed by him.

“Wow Howonnie!” Sungyeol said as he sat down beside his cousin when it was recess and Sungjong was handing out snacks to the class. “You’re really smart.”

“I’m not,” Howon said humbly. “It’s just that that was the last lesson my teacher in my old school taught us.”

“Oh,” Woohyun said. “You still got more awesome for more Howonnie.”

“I like you already,” Kibum added with a smile making Howon feel embarrassed.

“I like you too Kibummie,” Howon said with his own smile and the two just established their friendship.

“No fair Kibummie!” Woohyun said with a pout. “I thought you like me?? I thought we were gonna be bestest friends forever??”

“You’re still my bestest friend forever Woohyunnie,” Kibum said reassuring his friend. “I just like Howon too, but he won’t be my bestest friend since I have you.”

“Okay then,” Woohyun said at once with a smile. “Then I can say I like Howonnie too! He’s my bestest cousin ever!”

“I like Howonnie too!” Sungyeol piped in happily.

“I like all of you too,” Howon said with his most biggest and happiest smile of the day.

 

 


 

not supposed to be on the net right now because of mother's rules >.> but i finished this so i am posting it >.<

replies and edit this tomorrow