Meeting You

Family [hiatus]

 

“Papa,” little Woohyun called as he climbed up his father’s lap who was cleaning his camera. “How did you and daddy meet?”

“Well Woohyunnie,” Myungsoo started as he placed his camera on the coffee table. “We first met when I was at the park and was taking scenery photographs for a local magazine. I was taking shot after shot when suddenly I saw him he was the most beautiful person there and when he looked at me I knew, your daddy has fallen head over heels for me-”

Myungsoo got hit on the head by his husband, successfully interrupting him from his story.

“That is not what happened Kim Myungsoo,” Sungjong stated as he placed Sungyeol, who was just out of the bath, on Myungsoo’s other leg. “I clearly don’t remember me falling head over heels that fast.”

“Then how did you really meet daddy?” Sungyeol asked with shining eyes.

“Yeah papa!” Woohyun said. “I wanna know the real story, the story daddy also remembers.”

“But that is how it happened,” Myungsoo whined.

I’ll tell you the story,” Sungjong smiled as he grabbed Woohyun and placed him in his lap instead. “I’ll tell you the real story of how your papa and I met.”

“Hooray!” Woohyun and Sungyeol said together. “Story time!”

“Well,” Sungjong started. “Your papa did get the beginning right, we first saw each other at the park, or at least he saw me…”

 

It was a nice day at the park and Myungsoo, age 20 and a newly graduate, was taking scenery pictures for his portfolio that he’ll pass in his job applications.

*snap* *snap* *snap*

“Tsk,” Myungsoo sounded as he deleted the last five pictures he took. “Still not good enough.”

*snap* *snap* *snap*

“,” Myungsoo cursed as he deleted the last three photos of the lake. “I’m never gonna get my portfolio done like this.”

*snap* *snap* *snap* *snap*

“Wow” Myungsoo breathed out as he placed his camera down and looked at the person a few meters away from him blowing bubbles and playing with three kids.

*snap* *snap* *snap* *snap* *snap*

Myungsoo looked at the pictures of the beautiful man and kids he just took and couldn’t delete a single one of them. The pictures were just so happy and bright and really beautiful. He held the camera up again and was about to take more pictures if only his model wasn’t suddenly so close to his face making him stumble backwards and barely managing to save his camera.

“Were you taking photos of the kids?” the beautiful man asked angrily at once. “Are you some kind of e ert??”

“No! I mean yes! But no! I mean… I mean…” Myungsoo fumbled for words at the sudden accusations. “I mean yes and no.”

“Explain yourself before I call the police,” the man demanded.

“Yes I took pictures of you and the kids,” Myungsoo admitted and turning bright red for it. “But I’m not some kind of ert I swear! I’m just taking random pictures for my photography portfolio.”

Myungsoo then proceeded to show the man his camera and pictures he just took showing that he was taking random pictures and that by chance his camera fell upon them.

“It does seem like you were just taking pictures randomly,” the pretty man mused.

“I swear on my camera, which is the most precious thing to me right now, that I am not a ert,” Myungsoo said honestly.

“I guess you are too handsome to be a ert,” the man said carelessly.

“You,” Myungsoo started carefully though his lips were quirking into a smile. “You think I’m handsome.”

“I… I…” the beautiful man was at a loss for words and turned red which, if it was possible, made him look more cute in Myungsoo’s eyes. “Don’t get so full of yourself!”

“I’m Kim Myungsoo by the way,” Myungsoo said as he extended his hand and put on a gentle smile praying to god it didn’t look creepy.

The pretty man looked hesitant at Myungsoo’s hand before he smiled and shook Myungsoo’s hand with his making the photographer’s heart do a double flip.

“Lee Sungjong,” the man introduced himself. “And I’m sorry for calling you a ert before Myungsoo-sshi.”

“I should be sorry, I should have asked permission first, I kinda lose myself when I’m with a camera and just snap anything,” Myungsoo said. “And you can call me Myungsoo-hyung.”

“Then Myungsoo-hyung,” Sungjong started. “Can you let go of my hand?”

“Oh god I am so sorry,” Myungsoo apologized as he quickly retracted his hand making Sungjong laugh and Myungsoo just wanted to hear that for his whole life.

“Its fine,” Sungjong smiled. “I need to go now hyung, it’s getting kinda late and I still have to prepare for work tomorrow, it’s really nice meeting you though.”

“It’s really nice meeting you too Sungjong,” Myungsoo said.

“Then I hope to see you around Myungsoo-hyung,” Sungjong smiled.

“I hope so too,” Myungsoo replied praying already that they’ll see each other soon before Sungjong turned around and walked to the direction of his home.

 

“And that is how your papa and I met,” Sungjong ended but heard no response for when he looked down he saw Woohyun was already sleeping on his lap while Sungyeol slept on Myungsoo’s.

“The little rascals fell asleep,” Myungsoo smiled at his husband.

“At least it won’t be hard putting them to bed,” Sungjong said as he Woohyun’s hair gently before yawning.

“Someone else is getting sleepy,” Myungsoo said.

“A little,” Sungjong replied.

“Come on,” Myungsoo said as he carried Sungyeol who instantly clutched on his shirt and stood up. “Let’s get you three to bed.”

“I’m not a kid you know,” Sungjong pouted as he stood up and carried Woohyun.

“That’s right but you’re my husband,” Myungsoo said. “And I need to take care of you too.”

“And you’re doing a great job of it,” Sungjong said as he kissed his husband. “You just tend to lie about your stories.”

“I like to call it being creative,” Myungsoo defended himself.

“Shut up or else the kids will wake up,” Sungjong said though he was smiling before the two of them tucked their kids in their beds and the two of them went to their own room to get a good night’s rest.

 

 


 

 

and now I should get some sleep too ( ̄ω ̄;)