Fourth Quest : "The Closet"

Daehyun's Quest For Cheesecake

"Poor Daehyun." Youngjae pet Daehyun as the vocalist's head rested on his lap tiredly. He doubted he had any pride left. But at least the payoff would be nice.

"You're not going to make me do anything bad, right? Let's get this over with in case the cakes go bad. Do cakes go bad?" Daehyun said grimly, before his eyes lit up at the thought of cake. Youngjae sighed, pushing his best friend's head off of his lap. 
 
"Well, I was going to make you go on something more pleasant with me." Youngjae began, and Daehyun's face lit up. Something like a date?
 
"That'd would be nice." If he had a tail, it would be wagging. A day alone with his favorite Youngjae… 
 
"Dae the byuntae (ert), Dae the Byuntae, Byuntae the Dae." Youngjae sang, watching Daehyun's eyes carefully. "Now that you seem to care more about cakes than your dearest—" he wiped a fake tear away from his eye, "you can help clean The Closet."
 
"The Closet?" Daehyun shrieked again.
 
• • • 
 
The Closet.
 
One of the worst things to subject any poor er into. And now his dearest Youngjae was practically pushing him into it. Yongguk and Zelo stood by the doorway, blocking any chances of escape. They seemed quite happy to be squished together too, and Daehyun could only roll his eyes at them. Himchan and Jongup were missing… Probably for doing the dirty. 
 
Anyways. The Closet was in DaeJae's room. Just a closet to the ordinary eye. But after the incident, no one dared to open the door. All of their clothes went on the floor or in the bursting dresser drawers. They couldn't open the closet door. 
 
Not since…
 
The incident.
 
"Dundundun~" Youngjae teased, clasping his hands on Daehyun's shoulder. The vocalist let a whine escape him, before kneeling before the closet door.
 
"Dear God, please don't let me die today because of this cursed closet." he prayed out loud, only to be kicked by Youngjae. Daehyun turned to him, his eyes turning into the size of a puppy's. "Would you really do this to your best friend?" 
 
"You clearly like cheesecake more than me, so…" Youngjae huffed, crossing his arms and refusing to give into that look. Yongguk snorted from the doorway. 
 
"He's butthurt." the leader rolled his eyes, leaning against the frame of the door. 
 
"I AM NOT BUTTHURT." Youngjae yelled, his chest heaving up and down.
 
"Butthurt."
 
"AM NOT!"
 
"Butthurt." 
 
"AM NOT! @#!$" Youngjae started screeching in Matokian, and Yongguk only shrugged.
 
"Hyung, you're only showing how butthurt you are." Zelo added to the conversation, blinking his wide eyes at the raging vocalist.
 
"MAKNAE I SWEAR…" Youngjae complained, unable to yell back at him. 
 
Advantages of being the maknae, Zelo thought smugly. 
 
"Anyways. What did you two do to the closet to have Daehyun so mortified? Not that it takes much, but still." Yongguk turned his head to the crisp white door of The Closet. Youngjae and Daehyun started laughing sheepishly.
 
"Well you see… One day… We got lazy and decided to throw our packaging boxes or ratty clothes in there. We would get rid of them later…" Youngjae said innocently. Yongguk groaned. This wasn't going to get any better... 
 
"And then one day we bought some pizza and tossed the box in. Turns out there was still a slice left in there." Daehyun laughed nervously. "But we didn't realize until later…"
 
"HOW DO YOU NOT REALIZE?" Yongguk almost threw a fit, there's a pizza slice still in the closet?! They were wrecking his lovely dorm! 
 
"Because we only counted after. You know how I like my food." Daehyun shrugged, putting on a wide grin.
 
"Last time we checked there were bugs festering in there. There was a Bug King too. I'm pretty sure there's a mini metropolis there." Youngjae shivered, remembering how all the bugs served that fat, ugly, terrifying bug. They almost constructed a minature city with the boxes they left behind.
 
"And some mice made some bedding with the clothes. I'm pretty sure that they live above the city and attack the bugs once in a while. Like Mousezilla." Daehyun added. 
 
Yongguk's eye twitched. 
 
"So you're telling me… That all this time… You two had a minature CITY DEVELOPING IN YOUR CLOSET?" he roared, making Zelo cringe. Oh, the leader would explode soon… 
 
"Well, I don't know, how would we bring it up?" Daehyun answered mildly. He cleared his throat, putting on a dopey voice. "'Oh-huh, oh hey guys, we just got a MOTHERFLUPPING BUG METROPOLIS IN OUR CLOSET BUT DON'T PANIC THE GIANT MICE ARE KEEPING THE POPULATION UNDER CONTROL!" His voice raised into a shriek, and Zelo winced some more. 
 
Not going to go well for the hyungs, he thought. Maybe I should step in… 
 
"That really would have been better THAN NOTHING! YOU SON OF A @&$! AND YOU &$@! @$$&% you and @!$!—" Yongguk smoothly said before yelling hysterically, and he lunged forward at the vocalists, only to be held back by Zelo's arm. Just barely. The maknae almost fell over, until Yongguk stopped immediately once he realized the boy's arm was wrapped around his waist. 
 
"Hyyunng~" Zelo tried to say seductively. Does it work? What's a y voice anyways? Yongguk's face turned red, and the maknae was encouraged, kicking it up a notch by batting his eyelashes. 
 
"W-what are you d-doing?" Yongguk stuttered back, completely forgetting where he was. The vocalists watched silently, not wanting the leader to focus on them again. 
 
"Hyyung, I want to play." Zelo said in a sweet voice, and he managed to pull the leader out of the room. Before he left down the hallway, he winked at Daehyun. 
 
The vocalists almost collapsed with relief.
 
"Thank the maknae!" Daehyun blew kisses at the air, thankful that he wouldn't die by the leader's hands. But maybe The Closet would kill him… 
 
His relief faded when Himchan stepped in, his hair looking ruffled and a silly grin on his face. Or at least Daehyun wished there was a grin on his face. Himchan looked hysterical now.
 
"WHY DO YOU TWO HAVE TO BE THIS INSANE? I WAS ALMOST HAVING THE PERFECT DAY!" Himchan stomped his feet furiously. "I heard all this crap about a minature ECOSYSTEM in the closet!" he grabbed Daehyun's ear and twisted it, making the vocalist yelp musically. 
 
"YOU STARTLED THE WITCH, YOU STARTLED THE WITCH!" Youngjae shrieked, darting out of the room, his arms flailing wildly.  If Yongguk was the worst, Mama Himchan came right after. "ABANDON SHIP, ABANDON SHIP, ABORT ABORT ABORT!"
 
Daehyun managed to roll his eyes at the squealing sounds of his love who fled down the hallway. Thanks for leaving me here, dearest, he thought dryly. Himchan shook Daehyun by his collar, and then drew him closer. They were practically touching noses now.
 
"There is only one solution…" Himchan said darkly, his expression dead serious.
 
"There's a solution?" Daehyun asked hopefully, trying not to inhale Himchan's coffee breath. The visual drank wayyyy too much of it.
 
"KILL IT. KILL IT WITH FIRE!" Himchan shrieked into the vocalist's ears, making him fall over. 
 
"What? It's not like we have a flamethrower. Besides, we'll burn the hou—" Daehyun was cut off as Himchan darted out of the room. He came back, holding a minature flamethrower, and had a crazy grin on his face.
 
"Internet." Himchan answered before Daehyun could even ask. "I knew something like this would happen, so here is the 'Kill it with Fire Spider and Other Nasty Bugs House-safe Flamethrower!" Himchan twirled it in his hand. The visual had already used it quite often, managing to hide the burn marks on his room's floor with a random rug. 
 
"We are NOT using that!" Daehyun snapped, inching towards the door. He was terrified, but he had to do it. For the cheesecake… And his lovely Youngjae. 
 
"Jeez, if you get chewed up by whatever's in there, it's your fault." Himchan shrugged, and Daehyun finally opened the door, revealing a pitch black darkness. "What the heck? Why is the closet that big!?" 
 
"The metropolis got bigger." Daehyun said, absolutely horrified and fascinated at the same time. When he inched just a little further forward, Himchan whistled a pleasant tune, before using his foot to kick Daehyun in. 
 
"Have a good time! Scream my name if you need me to come in with flamethrower a-blazing!" Himchan saluted as the vocalist fell into the darkness. 
 
• • • 
 
"What the heck…" Daehyun's voice echoed off the walls. The Closet wasn't supposed to be this big! Oh God, what have they done? Yongguk would strangle him to death with a calm, serene expression on his face if he found out. 
 
Something hit him on the head, and he shrieked, the sound echoing off of the walls again. He reached around blindly for what was thrown at him, and he picked up a piece of cardboard. 
 
He squinted at the weird marks on it in the darkness, and dropped it immediately after reading the writing.
 
State your business.
 
"Unbelievable. I can't believe Jae and I let this place evolve." Daehyun shook his head in disbelief, staring into the darkness. Suddenly, a tiny light , revealing a small bug, sitting on a throne. Another piece of cardboard was tossed at the vocalist's head. "Literate bugs, what the heck is this…"
 
You dare disturb The Closet?
 
"I'll have you know I helped make this place!" Daehyun snapped his fingers. He set the grounds for the evolution. Another piece of cardboard smacked Daehyun's face. Just how many cardboard boxes did they throw in here?
 
You are The Creator?
 
"DAMN STRAIGHT." Daehyun said in a huff. More lights , revealing the size of The Closet. It was just a bit smaller than he thought… Hm. "STOP THROWING CARDBOARD AT ME OR I'LL RAZE THIS ENTIRE PLACE DOWN!" he screeched, ducking as another piece of cardboard flew past his head. 
 
He couldn't read the reply from the "King Bug", so he sighed, heading back out the closet door.
 
Himchan met him with a raised eyebrow.
 
"Kill it. Kill it with fire."
 
• • • 
 
Daehyun and Youngjae sat curled up outside of the closet, listening to the distant cheers of their visual. God knows what hell is set loose from that flamethrower. 
 
"So you're saying they hollowed it out? That's insane!" Youngjae shook his head, refusing to believe there was a colony of highly advanced bugs just a few metres away from their beds.
 
"Himchan spartan-kicked me in, and I didn't smash my pretty face into a wall." Daehyun shrugged, nonchalantly bragging about his beauty. Youngjae snorted. "I got pieces of cardboard thrown at me somehow. You think they got catapults?"
 
"Ouch. Sorry. I just wanted The Closet clean." Youngjae apologized, rubbing his Daehyun's shoulder. 
 
"Well, Channie's technically in there right now creating their apocalypse, so it's not too bad." Daehyun smiled, pinching Youngjae's cheek affectionately. They turned as the visual stumbled back out, his hair covered in soot.
 
"Well. The closet's clean. Let me tell ya, there's nothing living there. There's nothing. All dust. Just get a dustpan." Himchan laughed insanely, and Daehyun cringed as he was reminded of the visual's grandma. "Don't tell anyone else I did this for you. I'll be nice."
 
"Thanks." Daehyun almost rolled his eyes. Himchan would have killed for a chance to use his "house-safe" flamethrower anyways. He probably enjoyed burning down the small city. 
 
"Wah, this thing's the best~ I love it, almost more than chees-uh buh-gers." Himchan left the room, humming and spinning the small flamethrower. Oh god. Youngjae was the first to peek into the closet.
 
"Wow. Uh. Wow." he blinked at the small pile of dust. The Closet was still huge, however. "We got a lot more space for clothes now!" 
 
Daehyun crept up, poking his head in. "Cool." 
 
"You technically didn't do this yourself." Youngjae frowned, staring into the empty space. It would be terrible trying to explain this to the others. Daehyun smiled.
 
"Would you want something else then?" he asked suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows. Before Youngjae could protest, he pressed lips against Youngjae's quickly, smirking as he pulled away. The chubby-cheeked vocalist almost fell over from surprise, and turned as red as one of Zelo's cherry tomatoes. 
 
"That's good. That's fine. That's more than enough to make up!" Youngjae said quickly, darting out of the room. 
 
Victory. 
 
Only one more!
 
But it was Yongguk's turn.
 
And the vocalist was terrified.