Third Quest : Aegyo

Daehyun's Quest For Cheesecake

"I swear to the good lord above that if anything involves more knives or slimy dentures…" Daehyun waved his finger furiously, "I will collect every single knife and STAB YOU GUYS WITH THEM!" he shrieked in a high pitched voice, making the other members of B.A.P cringe. Well, they did take advantage of him… 

 
Yongguk sighed, throwing himself on the couch tiredly. A smile crept up his face as he thought of what to do to Daehyun. But... Best for last. He snuck a peek at Zelo, who was staring at him in fear.
 
Damn right.
 
Spent the whole night chasing that maknae down with his dumb frog. Yongguk had caught them and had managed to lasso it, riding it like a cowboy. The experience was traumatizing for the both of them, Yongguk could still feel the slime by his thighs, even after cleaning it off. The frog was living in the dump downtown now, patiently waiting for a visit. Yongguk bared his teeth at the maknae, making the youngest squeal in surprise. 
 
"Don't come closer!" Zelo squeaked, running behind Jongup. The leader rolled his eyes (partially from jealousy but our lovely Gukkie won't admit that), and turned to Daehyun. 
 
"Okay, no more knives. I don't plan on anything with knives." Jongup said slowly, his mind chugging along at a snail like pace. No one could tell if he was a genius or an idiot. Ever. 
 
"Yeah, I don't plan on anything like that…" Youngjae's chubby cheeks turned red as erse thoughts ran through his mind. Or at least, erse to him. He ran a hand through his hair quickly, before turning to Yongguk.
 
"Yeah, yeah. I'm not that bad." he waved their attention away, a smile on his face again. He wasn't that bad… He was REALLY bad. "You or Jongup could go, it'll be best for last."
 
"Oh. Okay. Me first!" Jongup said brightly, standing up quickly. He jogged over to a storage bin by the television, bending over to rummage through it. Himchan bit his lip, sneakily checking out the dancer's . Because hoo boy, who wouldn't when he's that toned? Stupid cheetos. Jongup seemed to wiggle as he dug through the random things thrown in the bin over time, and Himchan was about to explode when Yongguk tapped his shoulder.
 
"Be more sneaky if you're trying to check him out. Your eyes look like they're going to pop out of their sockets." he taunted, and Himchan turned a light red. This was too fun. "Your expression just screams that you're thinking 'Dat '." 
 
"Shut up!" Himchan smacked the leader's head quickly before crossing his arms, pouting. Jongup straightened up again, and Himchan bit back a groan of disappointment. Yongguk hummed smugly, as the others were oblivious. 
 
"Got it!" Jongup waved a silver camcorder, and the other members of the group smiled softly at it. 
 
"We got that camera a looonnggg time ago." Daehyun commented what they were thinking. 
 
"Yeah, when we were recording Ta-dah." Zelo pointed at it eagerly, a grin on his face. Yongguk nodded vaguely, eyes plastered on the maknae's glowing smile. Himchan smirked. He's scolding me? When he's practically burning holes into our poor baby? 
 
"Anyways, Daehyun's going to be doing aegyo." Jongup laughed. Silence swept the room, before Himchan began cackling again, his fingers curling up sinisterly. A brief second later, five of the members of the group were cackling, howling with evil laughter. Only Daehyun was sitting there, about to cry his eyes out. 
 
"THAT'S WORSE THAN KNIVES!" Daehyun wailed, clutching his head in anguish. He quickly latched onto Jongup's leg, looking up with puppy eyes. "Are you sure you don't have any insane, convicted grandmas for me to babysit?" 
 
"Grandma's in an asylum, and she's in solitary confinement, so you can't really help." Jongup answered mildly. Daehyun's jaw dropped, and he slid onto the floor. 
 
"Does nobody here have a normal grandma?" he groaned, clutching his face. He would have to do it, huh? 
 
"My grandma goes harpooning at Ulleungdo..." Zelo chirped. Okay that wasn't too bad… On a ship with those little guns. "With a handmade wooden one. It's cool!" he finished, and Daehyun smacked his head on the floor.
 
"Mine knits. Competitively." Yongguk rolled his eyes. Maybe there's someone normal? "She threw a pair of knitting needles at me before. They're still in the wall, actually. Can't touch them without getting electrocuted. She just HAD to hit a stud in the wall." he said dryly, and Daehyun's mouth felt dry. 
 
"She works at the retirement home." Youngjae smiled at the vocalist. But Daehyun knew better by now. He braced himself for horrified disappointment. "As a fitness instructor. She's got better cheetos than Guppie!"
 
"HAHAHA OKAY NO MORE GRANDMAS!" Daehyun boomed loudly, his laughter sounding fake down to its core. "Let's go before I decide to throw myself out the window!" 
 
• • • 
 
Daehyun stared at the camera, where the little red dot seemed to be glaring back at him. Jongup was filming intently, a wide smile on his face.
 
"Okay, hyung, go whenever you're ready~" he chirped angelically, even though Daehyun's glare was much, much less than friendly. Yongguk and Zelo were playing some kind of hand game in the corner, bickering childishly, but the leader seemed to enjoy himself. He's hopeless. 
 
Youngjae was giving Daehyun emotional support with a thumbs up, though it only made the main vocalist want to cry more. Why? Why? WHYY? And Himchan was cackling insanely. As always. 
 
"Just throw knives at me." Daehyun protested, and Jongup quickly shook his head. But Yongguk pulled out a fork from his pocket, the metal glinting under the light.
 
"Will this do?" he asked politely, twisting it around in his hand. A smile was on his face, and his gums were exposed. He looked a little more than demonic. 
 
"AHAHAH I WAS JOKING HYUNG DON'T WORRY! AHAHAHHA! AHAHAHH…" Daehyun laughed uproariously, and sighed in relief as Yongguk tucked away the fork. Why did he even keep a fork in his pocket? 
 
"Why do you keep a fork in your pocket?" Zelo asked, blinking his wide eyes at the other rapper. 
 
"Emergency ramen fork if chopsticks aren't around." Yongguk answered coolly, and Zelo shrugged, beginning their hand game again. 
 
Just another day in the B.A.P dorm… 
 
"Okay!~ Back to what we were doing." Himchan clapped his hands together. Suddenly, a soft thud rung out in the room. He looked at Yongguk for a moment, and was terrified at what he saw. 
 
"ARE YOU TRYING TO ZELO?" Himchan screeched, running over to their leader. 
 
"I THINK WHAT THEY'RE DOING IS ILLEGAL? MAYBE?" Youngjae yelped, reeling back in surprise. Yongguk was on top of Zelo, and was too shocked to move. 
 
"Help…" Zelo mewled pitifully. He was being crushed by his weight, and it didn't help that they were all screaming like girls at him. Yongguk was yanked off of the wheezing maknae, and he only blinked.
 
"I accidentally pushed him." was his only explanation.
 
"Yeah, sure." Himchan rolled his eyes. 
 
"Can we focus on me again?" Daehyun asked, still sitting on the chair. He had a diva face that rivaled even Himchan's infamous face. 
 
"Yeah sure!" Jongup nodded eagerly, turning back to the camera. He pressed a few buttons. "Say hi to the Babys! Buing, buing~" he teased, and Daehyun automatically put a happy face on. Anything for his Babys. 
 
"Hello, this is Daehyun from B.A.P…" he said slowly, a dumb smile on his face. Look friendly… Don't spring like a goddamn sassy tiger at the dancer… Don't strangle Jongup… "And I'll be showing my aegyo." 
 
What is aegyo? Is there a certain formula for this? 
 
"Just do a buing buing or something!" Yongguk said from the other side of the room. He was in the "reflective thinking" corner, sitting on a tiny stool. "Here, I'll do an example!" he said with a dignified air. 
 
 
 
"Buing~" he growled in his low voice, and it was like a cold breeze rushed into the room, freezing everybody. The leader showed a gummy smile, making a peace sign by his face. The window by Yongguk cracked.
 
"It burns. Help me hyung." Zelo whispered to Jongup, as he was horribly captured by his leader's aegyo.
 
"…" No one knew what to say. The window was broken because of Yongguk's aegyo. The maknae's eyes were burning.
 
"Okaythanksforthatdemonstrationhahastopitrightnow." Himchan laughed, staring at the wall as he said it. He wouldn't dare look at Yongguk. The leader huffed, offended that no one enjoyed it. It's not very often that he volunteers to do it. 
 
"Okay everyone ignore our beloved hyung and focus on Daehyun." Himchan instructed in a flat voice. He had squished a frog to death, he had seen the same one come to life in a gigantic form, and have it talk to his friends. But nothng terrified him more than his hyung's aegyo. 
 
"Okay…" Daehyun took a deep breath, shaking slightly. Calm down. Don't run for your life… The other members waited patiently for him, and then Daehyun shakily raised his hands up.
 
"B… U…ing." he said with a smile, making bunny ears with his hands and curling his fingers. He bobbed his head robotically once or twice, and then collapsed on the floor.
 
"Hyung! Are you okay?" Zelo asked worriedly, running up to the curled up vocalist.
 
"No. No. NO I AM NOT OKAY!" Daehyun's voice was rising again, reaching his reknowned high pitch. "I have no pride left."
 
"Well, did you really expect to have any left? You DID tamper with death for a cheesecake." Himchan raised an eyebrow, his grin still on his face as he watched the vocalist on the floor. Kim Himchan would always be the aegyo princess.
 
"Shut up."