The Beginning

Daehyun's Quest For Cheesecake

"생일축아합니다, 용국이! Happy birthday, Yonggukie!" The five members of B.A.P gathered around the table, where the birthday boy was already seated. He looked quite tired.

 
"Thanks." he replied. There had to be at least twenty cakes on the row of long plastic tables, and Daehyun felt his mouth water. But… With all these different types of cakes, there had to be the one. Where was it? He looked down the table, tiptoeing to see the entire array. He saw it.
 
A small section, completely dedicated to cheesecakes from the fans. Every birthday was just an excuse for fangirls to bake their best for any of their bias. Not that it bothered Daehyun. Six of them, he counted. One for each of us, I think, he thought. It was color-coded for each Matoki, and he saw his own. Black and white with a splash of soft pink. 
 
"Yesss..." he hissed eagerly, drool running along his lip. 
 
"Oh god. He saw the cheesecakes." Youngjae said, beginning to panick at the sight of his shaking friend. Yongguk facepalmed. It was his birthday, and now he would have to worry about a food vacuum named Jung Daehyun. It wasn't like they had a lot of time to celebrate anyways. 
 
"Hyungs… What should we do?" Zelo whispered urgently, jabbing Jongup's side with his elbow. 
 
"Oh, why do we have to deal with this now?" Himchan groaned, rolling his eyes. He had a feeling that every birthday was going to be spent keeping Daehyun on a leash.
 
"It's fine. I don't like celebrating the fact that I'm getting older anyways." the leader of B.A.P shrugged mildly. "My only worry is how to prevent Daehyun from making a mess." He eyed the wiggling vocalist carefully. He looked like he would spring on the table like a gorilla at any second. 
 
"Okay guys, I have a plan." Jongup and Youngjae chirped at once. The other three members of the group weren't sure who to side with, so they silently waited for one of them to speak.
 
"Well—" they both said at the same time.
 
"Okay you can go." they seemed to be in sync, and Youngjae furrowed his eyebrows.
 
"Alright, sure—" Again. Zelo giggled at them. 
 
"Will you just let me—" they both growled at each other in exasperation. Jongup gave up, sitting in a seat by Yongguk. 
 
"Thank you for letting the genius of this group speak." Youngjae grinned. Jongup snorted; he was considered a genius too… Well, actually, people didn't know if he was a genius or idiot. Even he didn't know. It's all because of that stupid "what's a food court" comment I made, he thought with a sigh. 
 
"If Daehyun wants our cakes so badly... We might as well make him work for it." Youngjae rubbed his hands together. He knew he didn't have a lot of time by the way his friend kept wiping his mouth free of saliva. "Now, come up with the craziest thing you can think of that you need to have done. Daehyun will do it." 
 
Yongguk smirked as he thought of what he would make the vocalist do. (Nothing dirty, he promises!) 
 
Himchan cackled maniacally through the silent air of thought. He just thought of something perfect. The vocalist would suffer. 
 
Jongup had a light smile. He won't make it too bad for his hyung. 
 
Zelo's eyes lit up. He could do it for me, right? It could work, really! It would be a fair trade… My hyungs are so smart, he thought, flashing a sweet smile at Youngjae. 
 
"By your crazy cackling and insane smirks, I would conclude that we've all come up with something." Youngjae announced, and they all turned their heads to Daehyun. He wasn't even listening, his mind was centred around the cakes. Youngjae predicted they only had a minute before they would have to hold him back. And he doubted that even the five of them could keep the ravenous vocalist calm. 
 
"Hold him down." Yongguk barked, and Youngjae sprang on Daehyun, crashing to the floor. The vocalists wrestled around, and the others watching them felt awkward. Is it okay to watch two grown men roll around on the floor growling loudly while clinging to each other? 
 
But Youngjae managed to hold down daehyun, sitting on the vocalist's chest comfortably. "Daehyun. Daehyun, listen to us." It was like he was talking to a wild bull. It wasn't helping Daehyun's case as he huffed and puffed furiously.
 
"Hyung." Zelo bent down to smack the face of the cheesecake-obsessed vocalist sprawled on the floor. He had an impressive backhand, Jongup mused.
 
"Y-yeah, I'm listening." he finally said, still squirming underneath Youngjae. "Can you please get your off of my chest?" he wheezed, but Youngjae only sat down more firmly. 
 
"Can't." the other vocalist answered with a smile.
 
"Jerk." 
 
"Anyways!" Himchan cleared his throat. "We have the issue of you destroying the place for the cheesecakes." 
 
"I'm not going to do anything like that." Daehyun scoffed, slightly muffled from Youngjae. 
 
"Yeah right, don't tell me you've forgotten all about what happened during our poor maknae's birthday…" Youngjae rolled his eyes. It had been a disaster. 
 
Jongup couldn't approach cake knives for a long time after Daehyun had thrown one at him in a frenzy. It sliced a good inch off of his gelled hair, traumatizing the young dancer. 
 
Jongup cringed. "Let's not bring that up for now." Zelo pat his fellow maknae sympathetically, whispering comforting words. Jongup pretended to sob into his shoulder, and Yongguk facepalmed again.
 
"Okay. There's cakes for all of us. One each. We all know that one isn't going to be enough for you." Youngjae said firmly, and Daehyun sighed, nodding his head in agreement. He was a needy guy.
 
"So you'll give 'em to me?" Daehyun asked hopefully, his voice still strangled from Youngjae sitting on him.
 
"Well, not for free…" Youngjae answered, and Himchan exploded into maniacal laughter. Zelo's eyes widened in eagerness, something mischievous behind his eyes. Jongup just offered a friendly smile, but Daehyun knew he couldn't be trusted when he smiled like that.
 
"I'll do anything." Daehyun raised his hand. Yongguk smirked, showing off his gums, and Himchan doubled over from insane laughter.
 
Oh boy, what did I just get into, Daehyun thought wearily. But it's worth it. For you, cheesecake. I'm only thinking of you right now.