All Too Well

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Six

Four years ago...

Three days. Eunji spent three days in the hospital before she was allowed to go back home. Three days, and no word from Baekhyun. As much as she wanted to call him, something inside her aches whenever she try to dial his number. Sending him a message is another thing. For the past three days she composed dozens of messages that she can never send, so all of it were either discarded or saved as a draft. 

 

Each day that passed brings so much discomfort and fear to her heart. Maybe that is what's stopping her from contacting him, but what stops him from contacting her? Is he too busy promoting...or he is busy spending time with that Tiffany Hwang?

 

It's a good thing that her bestfriend, Sehun, does not have anything to do with his life so he spends most of his time with her. What she does not know is that her bestfriend, too, is battling his own demons and fears at the very moment. He just choose not to tell her, in fear of giving her further stress.

 

"Sehun-ah, have you heard anything from Baekhyun?" Eunji asked the man who was comfortably sitting in her couch watching some kind of crime fiction. Sehun shook his head.

 

"No, and trust me, it's better if he will contact Luhan instead. By the way, when do you plan of telling that to your parents? Or even with just Bomi or Kyungsoo?" Sehun said as he shifted his attention from the television to his bestfriend who is sitting in the dining area and glaring at her phone.

 

"I cannot even tell Baekhyun, how could I mention this to my family? You know my oppa, he would drag Baekhyun from wherever he is now if he finds out about my condition." Eunji said as-the-matter-of-factly and raise her right brow.  Sehun just sighed and shook his head in disappointment. It's as if they've had this talk too many times that he just gave up on making his point because his friend is as stubborn as an old man. She would probably just give him the "he's an idol and he has a reputation to protect" excuse.

 

Despite Eunji's tough exterior is a heart slowly falling apart. With every move that the two hands of time make, her faith in Baekhyun is getting more and more fragile. But, that's something she is not willing to admit.

 

From three days to one week. That's how long Eunji and Baekhyun did not talk, or more like Eunji kept on rejecting and ignoring Baekhyun's calls and messages. Her paranoia started to get worse because each day she would receive an email from a stranger who habitually sends her pictures and videos of Baekhyun and Tiffany.

 

Sehun stopped visiting her since they last talked -- which ended up in a big fight between them. Luhan, on the other hand, is in Japan following the traces of his ex-girlfriend and their child, whom the woman has been hiding from him.

 

Flashback two days ago

"Why don't you just block that who made it a habit to send you scandalous images and confront your boyfriend, instead of crying and moping around -- which is not good for the baby inside you?" Sehun said and sighed. His voiced filled with genuine care. But, Eunji seemed to ignore his care and divert her anger to him.

 

"Do you think it's easy, huh? Do you think it's that easy to just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter