How To Save A Life

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

 

2017

 

"Baekhyun!" Luhan shouted from a distance before Baekhyun entered the elevator. He turned around to look at his doe eyed friend and smiled weakly.

 

"What's up, Luhan hyung?" Baekhyun tried to sound casual as he greet his old friend. It's been four years since he last talked to him, or is it the other way around? After the tragedy, Luhan went to Japan for the expansion of their family business. Like Eunji, Luhan is also a doctor and his family owns the hospital where Eunji is working as an intern before. 

 

"I just came back from Japan last week and was ecstatic when I heard that Eunji is going to continue her study in the Medicine field and she's back as an intern." Luhan answered him with a hint of joy and awkwardness. The two men entered the elevator and silence filled the air. Baekhyun does not know how to talk to his old friend.

 

As close as they were before, he can barely stand being in the same place as Luhan. For Baekhyun, he is as guilty as Eunji and Sehun. He felt betrayed that Luhan did not even stop Eunji or told him about what was going on that time. If only Luhan said anything to him, he would drop whatever he is doing that moment, he would drop that big project or whatever his management is pulling off, to be with Eunji. To be there during the moment she needed him the most.

 

"Do you mind going out for some coffee or are you busy again? We need to talk about a lot of things." Luhan broke the ice between them at the same time that the elevator finally reached the ground floor. Baekhyun wanted to refuse. He doesn't want to associate himself with Luhan, not anymore, but somehow his head nodded and he followed Luhan. 

 

How can he say no to his doe-eyed friend? No one can say no to him, and Baekhyun's conscience told him that if he wants to be set free from the past, he needs to face them. He needs to forgive them. He needs to finally listen. It took him four years before he was able to this, and he still feels like he is not yet ready for the confrontation. He is not yet ready to know where he went wrong.

 

For four years, he avoided everyone who were part of the incident. The only friend left to him was his bestfriend, Park Chanyeol, who stood by his side and understood him when everyone else was pointing their fingers to him. Everyone blamed him for what happened. His friends, her friends, his family, her family, and him. They said it's because he was never there for her, that he was being unfaithful, that he never loved her. They told him that it was him who pulled the trigger for Eunji to make that decision. Everyone except Luhan and Eunji. 

 

Luhan tried to talk to him when it happened. In fact, he was the first person who called him. And Eunji hated herself. Sehun almost killed Baekhyun when he arrived.

 

It was the turning point of their lives, that tragedy marked the end for him. All that's left are the ghosts and the regrets.

 

"Earth to Baekhyun!" Luhan shouted when he was finally outside the hospital. Baekhyun look at him confused, why are they outside, instead of going to the parking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter