Dance With The Devil

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

 

Four years ago…

 

After Baekhyun’s call, Eunji sat in front of her vanity table and blankly stared at her own reflection. Her face was tear-stained. She looked like a mess. She sighed and slumped on the desk. She’s crying once again. How many tears does she have to shed in a day? Why didn’t she realized that she was pregnant months ago when the signs was already showing. Her delayed menstruation. Her morning sickness. Her intense cravings. When people started telling her that she’s getting fat. She should’ve known that she’s pregnant.

 

Tomorrow morning she will ask Sehun to come with her to the obgyne. Maybe, just maybe, the pregnancy kit was wrong and she’s not pregnant.

 

Her thoughts were disturbed when the doorbell rang and Luhan called her to eat. She thanked God for saving her from further overanalysing. Talking to Luhan, who doesn’t know what’s going on, will stop her from thinking about her pregnancy.

 

When Eunji went to the dining table Luhan was preparing the utensils, plates and rice. The sight of the spicy chicken made her feel nauseous. Usually she loves spicy chicken, but it looks like the baby doesn’t like it. She shook her head and mentally told herself that she should stop thinking about it.

 

“Eunji-ah, are you okay? I ordered your favourite spicy chicken.” Luhan told her with his usual smile. He took a sit in the dining table and motioned her to sit down too, so they could start eating. She faked a smile and pretended to be happy because of the spicy chicken, but her disgusted face shows otherwise.

 

“It’s okay if you don’t like the spicy chicken, Eunji-ah. You don’t have to force yourself. I will just order pizza or jajangmyeon. What do you like?” Luhan being the sweet and thoughtful guy that he is, noticed Eunji’s expression and realized that she doesn’t like to eat the spicy chicken.

 

“I like to eat both.” Eunji said sheepishly and smiled at the thought of jajangmyeon and pizza. Luhan smiled seeing her expression and get his phone to start ordering the food. She excused herself and went to the living area to seat on the couch while waiting for her food, and to avoid the smell of spicy chicken.

 

Luhan munched on the spicy chicken. He was thinking how complicated women are. He knew from having two older sisters that when a lady is in her period, he should not say no because whatever they say is right, and the somehow menstruation could make a lady hate what she usually likes.

 

After thirty minutes, the doorbell finally rang. Eunji was the first one to stand up and went to the door, Luhan followed her. Instead of the delivery boy, an annoyed Sehun was there holding the pizza and jajangmyeon. Confused, Luhan took the foods from the younger guy and placed it in the living room, while Eunji looked at Luhan and mouthed the words “what’s up with Sehun?” Luhan shrugged.

 

“You can directly ask me instead of talking behind my back.” Sehun muttered and went to the living area and sat on one of the bean couches. Eunji shrugged and closed the door before following them in the living area.

 

“So what happened to you, why are you so grumpy?” Eunji asked as soon as she sat on the couch.

 

“What was the emergency your father was talking about?” Luhan asked calmly and offered Sehun a slice of pizza in which he shook his head.

 

“I don’t like Hawaiian pizza. Pineapple should not be cooked.” Sehun said nonchalantly that made Eunji laugh out loud. Sehun can sometimes, or most of the time, be annoyed by trivial things. Was he annoyed because he knew that they ordered Hawaiian pizza?

 

“I see, you’re annoyed because of the pizza. Aigoo, Sehunnie is such a child.” Eunji said while laughing and patting his head like a child. Luhan laughed with her, and Sehun sighed. He is not happy that his friends are thinking that the pizza with cooked pineapple is the reason.

 

“You know Seulgi, right? My gold-digger ex-girlfriend.” Sehun started, which made his two friends to look at him.

 

“Your buddy?” Eunji asked tilting her head to the side, while Luhan’s expression turned serious. Sehun glared at Eunji, but nodded anyway. He never loved or liked that Seulgi, she was just good in bed that’s why they lasted for six months.

 

“Yes. Anyway, as I was saying, Seulgi went to our house. She talked to my parents and told them that I knocked her up. Of course, my parents told her that I would take responsibility and marry her, but she doesn’t want to be married to me. She just wants me to give her money and child support. When I arrived there, my mother was crying and begging Seulgi to marry me because she wants to have a grandchild already and my dad was just sitting there. They told me to assure Seulgi that I would marry her. And you know what that witch said? She would marry me if I begged. So I told her that I won’t marry her because I don’t want my kid to grow up with a mother like that, and if she would continue to act like that it would be better if she just aborted the child. Guess what happened next, she stormed off saying she’ll really abort the baby, and my parents were mad at me. My mother even threatened me that she would freeze my assets if Seulgi aborted the baby. I am just thankful that my father is on my side. He never liked Seulgi anyway.” Sehun narrated and sighed in annoyance.  

 

The three of them were silent for a while, nobody dared to say anything. Luhan was shocked that Sehun knocked Seulgi up. Eunji started to think about abortion and contemplated on her own situation. Sehun was really pissed just by thinking of Seulgi. That girl would do anything for money and to keep Sehun by her side.

 

“Ouch! What was that for?!” Sehun shouted at Eunji when she threw a pillow at him. Luhan shook his head and sighed.

 

“Pabo, Sehunnie! Pabo! You should not say things like abortion lightly. That kid is innocent.” Eunji said. She was mad at Sehun for suggesting abortion to Seulgi, but she was more furious by the fact that she, too, contemplated abortion to solve the problem.

 

“I am not in favour of abortion too, Sehun-ah. But I think that Seulgi will continue to taunt you with the kid in her womb. What did you made her eat that she got so obsessed with you, huh?” Luhan said and sighed again. Seulgi is a crazy girl. Luhan heard that she recently beat up the girl that Sehun took on a date.

 

“Maybe my tastes good? Or maybe I am really that handsome that girls can’t get enough of me.” Sehun said smirking. Eunji glared at him and acted as if she’s vomiting, while Luhan glared at him. Sometimes, Sehun can’t really control his tongue. After few minutes, they just laughed about it and talked about random things, while Eunji is eating her jajangmyeon.

 

 

Later that night…

The three of them were watching the movie Miracle in Cell No. 3 in the living area and eating popcorns, when the doorbell suddenly rang. Eunji motioned Sehun to open the door and check who is it. They cannot remember ordering anything, so they were not expecting for any delivery.

 

Sehun complained and was about to tell Luhan to do it, when the doorbell rang again, and when he looked at Luhan he was really engrossed in the movie they were watching. He was even wiping a tear. Sehun shook his head and sighed. He stood up and went to the door, when he opened it, the delivery boy gave him a small box with a beautiful packaging wrapped in a sheer paper and a paper to sign that he received the package. He went to the living area and put the box in the center table. His two friends did not even notice him coming back because they were too focused in the movie.

 

At the end of the movie, both Luhan and Eunji’s eyes and nose were red from crying, while Sehun still has his stoic face. He doesn’t know if he’s just heartless or what, but yes, the movie was sad, but not enough to make him shed a tear or even make a sad expression.

 

Even after the credits finished rolling and the screen is black, Eunji was still sobbing and Luhan was in a daze. So once again, it was Sehun who the lights and closed the tv.

 

“That was heartbreaking!” Eunji said in between her sobs and Luhan nodded in agreement.

 

“Justice is really unattainable for powerless people. It took them years and a dead man before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter