Goodbye My Lover

In Another Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter One

2017

Jung Eunji grew up believing that love could conquer everything, and that is the most powerful emotion in the world. She wasn't aware that hatred could overpower love. With time, hatred will cool down as indifference. She doesn't know what hurts the most being drowned with hate or showered with indifference; either way, she loves him too much to let go.

"Where are you going? Do you want to eat something first?" Eunji asked her beloved fiance, Byun Baekhyun, only to be answered by a loud slam of the door. The noise made her close her eyes and sighed.

'I should've been used to it by now,' she thought as she shook her head staring while staring at the closed door where she last saw him. They've been like that for maybe three years? or four years? It's been going on for far too long that the coldness has become their norm. Silence has been their peace, at the same time it was a battlefield of words unsaid.

'What is this place called?'  she asked herself and examined their apartment. A place once filled with happiness, love, and hope for the future. A place they used to call home...until she ruined it. She is the reason why all the love was replaced by anger, happiness by angst, and their hope faded.

Even in their most intimate moments, it's always filled with angst. The aftermath of each encounter is enough to parch their bruised hearts until its numb to the core. That has been their way to connect and tell each other their unsaid words of mixed up love and hate, preventing their love to eventually turn into indifference. 

Her eyes scanned their apartment until it landed on a room. It has never been used since that tragedy. Only Baekhyun can go to what was once their master bedroom to clean it up every now and then. She does not want to go inside that room. No, she refuse to enter. It's a place where they spent most of their happy memories. That's the room where all their cherished memories are locked.

However, as if her feet have a mind of its own, she started walking towards that door. Unconsciously, she's already inside. The door is not literally locked after all, it's just she doesn't want to be there.

Neither her or Baekhyun dare to  sleep in this room. Ever since things become like this Eunji started sleeping on the guest room. In the rare occasion that he would come home, he would rather sleep in the living room. Except in nights of burning passion, when he would touch her and kiss her. After every deed, he would always be nowhere to be found.

She wandered around the room, and her fingertips gently touch every single stuff there. It's clean, as Baekhyun was there before he left. Endless memories slowly flooded her mind. She tried to ground herself and prevent the memories from playing in her mind by shutting her eyes close and biting her lips hard enough that she can taste blood. But it's not working. The laughters, the smiles, the promises and dreams.

'Where did they go? Where? Why did everything have to turn out this way? Why?'  she thought as tears fell from her eyes. A moment of weakness, lack of communication...a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter