Your my destiny

Internal Struggle

(Got a couple of swear words in this chapter so you have been warned.)

 

Dongwoo woke with a start. He blinked a few times to try adjust his eyes to the total darkness. He shifted a little trying to ignore the bit of the metal shackles that bound him to his cell wall. He shook his head to try rid himself of the nightmare that had plagued him since his capture. He sighed and struggled into a more comfortable sitting position. He wasn't fully sure how long he had been been in the dank, disgusting cell but he guessed it had been about three days.

He wondered when Infinite would come save him, he knew they would. Hoya wouldn't stop until he was safe and Sunggyu never left anyone behind. At the thought of Sunggyu, his heart constricted in fear. The leader was in trouble. Dongwoo cursed himself for so easily trusting the traitorous Namu. He should have kicked the boy out the minute he had set eyes on him. Namu was a lie, the boy was Captain Nam Woohyun, he acted all sweet and innocent but underneath the lies was a soldier who was willingly to kill. Dongwoo hated himself for not seeing through the lies, the boy was built like a soldier, his eyes had the same calculating look that he had come to associate with soldiers.

Yongguk had told him everything, in between punches. The plan to kill Sunggyu which would lead to the inevitable downfall of Infinite. Sungjong wanted the slums to fall into chaos and he would be the shining light ready to lead the people of Shangri-la to greatness. How the little brat could ever be related to the sweet souls that were Sunggyu and Sungyeol was beyond Dongwoo's comprehension.

The sound of heavy footsteps outside his cell sent shivers up his spine. Any moment now one of Yongguk's henchmen would walk through that door and then it would be another day of torturous interogation.The sound of keys jingling together almost made the boy succumb to tears.

As Daehyun and Yonungjae walked in, Dongwoo closed his eyes and set out a little prayer.

"Sunggyu, Hoya please. I don't think I will last much longer'"

 

"God dammit Sunggyu. I refuse to sit around and do nothing while my Dongwoo sits in a cell. You said you would come up with a plan."

Woohyun shook his head. He closed his eyes, he already knew what Sunggyu's response would be. It had been the same thing for the past three days. It had been the same fight for the past three days.

"Shut up Hoya. I can't come up with anything with you ing in my ear constantly. I don't like this either but for the love of all things purple, SHUT UP AND LET ME THINK."

The sound of a mug been place in front of him made Woohyun open his eyes. He smiled up in thanks at Sungyeol who smiled halfheartedly back. They were all tired and frustrated. It didn't help that they had been cooped up in the tiny apartment. 

"Hoya better watch his mouth. You can only push Gyu so far until he snaps. He was one of the top soldiers for a reason." whispered Sungyeol and he glanced at the fighting boys. Hoya was pacing up and down the room, his hands pulling at his hair, his chair lying splintered on the other side of the room from when he had launched it at Sunggyu. The leader on the other hand remained seated his hands steepled together as he glared up at Hoya. One may have said he look tired or bored but Woohyun was close enough to see how tense the older boy's body was, how still he sat as if preparing to strike.

Woohyun mentally praised Sunggyu for having kept so calm for so long. If he had been in the other's position he would have strangled Hoya within the first thirty minutes of the first day and judging by the amount of times Sungyeol had left the meeting room, he too wanted to kill Hoya. Woohyun couldn't blame the other boy for being so frustrated, his lover had been arrested and by B.A.P of all people.

Woohyun peeked over at Sunggyu and realised that had the other boy been taken then he would too be acting like Hoya too. He sighed, now was probably not the best time to develop feelings for his supposed enemy but he had known the minute he had set eyes on Sunggyu that he was hooked and the more time he had spent in the leader's presence, the more he felt himself falling in love. Oh that's right, he was head over heels in love with Kim Sunggyu.

He felt so whole when he was Sunggyu, like the other boy completed him. He had never before experienced it. The night after they had arrived at the new hideout he had slyly asked Sungyeol how one could seduce his older brother. The younger boy had been so busy trying not to destroy the food that he had casually answered.

"I don't know. I guess you have to first be his type which is handsome, slightly muscular with a deep voice, my bro is REALLY fussy. Then you have to kind of overpower him. Sunggyu acts he is super tough, always taking care of us but at the end of the day he needs some one to take care of him, sooth him, whisper sweet nothings into his ear. He is really romantic but don't tell him I told you that. Wait why do you want to know?"

Woohyun had shrugged it off, saying it was just to get to know the team better.

He was suddenly brought back to reality by the slamming of the door. Hoya had stormed out, again. Sunggyu rubbed a hand over his tired face.

"Sungyeol try calm him down a little, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

Sungyeol nodded and left to find where Hoya had stormed off to. L who had been sitting silently in the corner got up and slunk after Sungyeol.

As soon as the door closed, Sunggyu let out a heartbreaking sob. Woohyun pulled him into a hug rubbing his back in comforting circles. He could tell that the older boy was near breaking point. The fact that he had broken down in front of Woohyun for the second time was proof of this. He wished that there was something he could do, anything that would take Sunggyu's pain away.

Sunggyu's sobs finally subsided into hiccups and he pulled away from Woohyun, embarrassed for becoming so weak.

"Sorry, you shouldn't have seen that. Burdened you with my weakness." Sunggyu's voice was barely above a whisper.

Woohyun took Sunggyu's face in his hands and looked straight into the other's downtrodden eyes.

"Listen to me. You are only human, emotion isn't weakness it is power. Emotion gives us the strength we need to overcome obstacles that see impossible."

Sunggyu pulled a face in confusion.

"What?" asked Woohyun worrying that he had said something wrong. Sunggyu shook his head and stood up. He walked over to the grimy window and looked out at the sprawlng slums.

"Nothing. Sorry, it's just that some one from my past used to say that."

It was Woohyun's turn to look confused. His own father had been the one to tell Woohyun that, he wondered for a second if Sunggyu's mentor and his father had ever met. Sunggyu began to speak again.

"He was such a good man. He had the kindest soul but he was haunted. He knew about the evil and corruption that ruled Shangri-la but he kept it secret from his family. He had to watch as the people he loved the most got in by the corruption. He knew that if he ever got captured, his family would hate him, despise him for knowing the truth but he had to keep them safe so he kept them ignorantly unaware of the dangerous place they lived in."

Sunggyu traced the outline of the slums through the dirt on the window.

"The day my brother betrayed him was one of the worst days of my life.He had found out that we were to all be arrested and executed for treason. He could have spent the last few hours before they came to take him away with his family or to perhaps run away with them. Instead he came to warn Sungyeol and I. He said that we were the only hope for the future. I asked him why, why didn't he leave with his family. He said that he couldn't but it was up to me. He said that it was my destiny to lead the resistance, to once and for all expose Shangri-la for what it really was. He said that his son was just like him and that he would find his way to me, to the resistance."

The gears in Woohyun's head were slowly turning. As far as he could remember there had only been three times that the execution order for treason had been given. One been the mass execution of "corrupt" men. Twenty people had been hung that day including his father.

"Sunggyu, your mentor was he hung on February 14 2124 during the mass execution?"

 Sunggyu turned to look at him, a surprised look on his face.

"Yeah he was. Why do you ask."

Woohyun's heart began to race. Memories rushing through his head. His father's late nights at the office who no one else was working, the haunted look in his eyes whenever he told Woohyun that he loved him, the fights that he overheard when his mother accused his father of been secretive. Then there was the last thing he had said to Woohyun before the Enforcers came to take him away.

You and I are more alike then you know son. Listen to me, daddy is going away and they are going to say bad things about me. They will ask you questions and I want you to tell them the truth Namu, okay. But I need you to promise me something, promise me Woohyun, when you are ready you must seek out the answers. Seek out your destiny, you must help the one who's job it is expose it all. Clean away the dirt from your eyes and see the truth, I love you son, I always did and I always will.

With tears in his eyes Woohyun got to his feet and walked over to Sunggyu.

"Your mentor, you said that Sungjong betrayed him. Was your mentor Consul Nam Byunhee? Tell me was he Nam Byunhee?"

Sunggyu looked shocked for a moment before he nodded.

"Yes but how did..."

He was cut off as Woohyun crashed his lips against his own. A strong hand wrapping possessively around his neck pulling him closer. The kiss was warm but fierce. Woohyun's tongue forced its way into Sunggyu mouth fighting for dominance of the kiss.Soon the two were out of breath and had to pull away from one another. Woohyun stared at Sunggyu, his cheeks rosy with lust, his lips swollen and his eyes half lidded. Woohyun smiled and pulled Sunggyu in for a hug. As the other boy wrapped his arms round Woohyun pulling him into a warm embrace, Woohyun felt safe, he felt like he belonged.

Resting his head against Sunggyu's shoulder he whispered softly to himself.

"I found my destiny." 

 

 

Yongguk growled at the young enforcer who blocked his path. The youngster yelped as the B.A.P leader pushed past almost mowing his down.Himchan sneered at the young soldier before he casually strolled on following Yongguk. Finally they reached the office of Consul Sunjong, which was already swarming with angry soldiers and questioning journalists. Yongguk pushed past them all, growling out threats of beheadings if they didn't remove themselves from his path. Finally he reached the door and the overwhelmed guard let them in.

The foyer in front of the Consul's office was silent, devoid of any life. Yongguk relaxed slightly before he went to open the door. A set of hands suddenly began to run seductively down his back. He spun around coming face to face with a smirking Himchan. His second in command traced his finger slowly down the leader's throat. Yongguk shivered under the touch, he wasn't going to lie, the other man's touch drove him crazy. Himchan's deep, y voice sounded in his eye, he man's hot breath causing goosebumps to form.

"You need to relax baby, it would do no good if you killed the Consul in a fit of rage. I could help with that you know."

Yongguk slowly came back to his senses and pushed the other man away. He He straightened his rumbled uniform out trying to hide any evidence of Himchan's seduction.

"Now is NOT the time. How many times have I told you not in public."

Himchan gave a small pout and crossed his arms.

"Is never seems to be the time lately. Ever since this Sunggyu was mentioned in the meeting you have been coiled tighter than goddamn DNA. What is it about this guy that has crawled up you . What did you try to screw him once or something, did he reject you, did he dump you? Its pathetic, you are acting like some jealous who just saw her ex with some one else."

Yongguk's anger flared.

"You don't ing know anything. Just because I screw you every now and then doesn't give you the right to know about my life and my past. So stop acting like a clingy and stay out of my personal life."

And with that he stormed into Sungjong's office slamming the door behind him.

The Consul didn't even look up as he continued to clean his nails with a dagger. Yongguk didn't wait for the Consul to speak.

"What the hell are you playing at kid. You just disbanded the Guardians. The press are having a field day."

Sunjong gracefully rose from is seat the dagger as if it was some rare and beautiful jewel.

"First of all Major you are supposed to call me Consul and secondly the Guardians had to go. I have a plan and I didn't need those goody-two shoes running around trying to prevent it. With them out of the way my take over will be a lot swifter."

Suddenly the dagger went flying in Yongguk's direction. The major ducked as it embedded itself in the door behind him.

"IT WOULD GO A LOT MORE SMOOTHER IF SUNGGYU WAS DEAD. I GAVE YOU ONE GODDAMN JOB AND YOU HAVE YET TO DO IT."

Yongguk swallowed back the fear. The Consul may appear weak but he had malice in his voice that spoke of pure evil.

"I'm sorry sir but the slum folk they refuse to give up Sunggyu and the prisoner is of no use. He knows nothing more."

Sungjong rolled his eyes.

"Then dear Yongguk is the prisoner still alive. T'was it not I who taught you the golden rule. If it is no longer useful then get rid of it."

Yongguk's eyes widened.

"But Consul we need him as leverage. Sunggyu will eventually hand himself in, he is too much of a bleeding heart to let one of his men suffer for to long. You know that."

Sungjong narrowed his eyes.

"Eventually will not cut it Major, I want the problem gone do you understand. That captain Woohyun was useless, he is too soft just like his traitorous father. None the less I will announce the public execution of Jang Dongwoo, we will say that the Guardians have been helping out Infinite for years. Announce Nam Woohyun as a traitor and put a bounty on his head. This will calm the public and anger my dear, old brother. He will crawl out of whatever hole he has been hiding to exact his revenge and when he does we dear major will be waiting for him."

 


Hello lovely readers. Hope you enjoy this chapter, I know it is short but that is because the next chapter will be up either tomorrow nigt or very, very soon. I have already started writing it but I will only be able to finish tomorrow. (Its good though, I promise)