Junior Year

You Haven't Changed One Bit

                                         Tumblr

Lina's POV

New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States...

Aish! Yep, it's that time of every high schooler's life where they begin their college search and stop slacking off with their tests and grades. I am an A student and top in my class. I decided to major in photography. Surprising right? My teachers are surprised that I don't want ot major in anything else but to me, photography and journalism puts me in a good mood. I was looking up one of my dream schools, New York University, and I alrady got nervous. I minimized the window and looked up to see the picture of me and Youngjae at the Farris Wheel. Me and Youngjae are still friends and I still have strong feelings for him. After I re-opened the NYU tab, I heard a knock on my door. "Come in!" My door opened and I saw Youngjae coming in. "Hey Lina! Your mom told me you were in your room." I smiled. Seeing him always brings me in a cheerful mood. "Yep. Come in and get comfy." Youngjae took a seat next ot me and saw my laptop. "You're applying for NYU? That's all the way in the United States!" I looked at Youngjae and he seemed worried. "Yeah. They have a nice program for photography and I've been wanting to study in New York. What about you? Have you figured out what college you're applying?" "Actually that's what I wanted to talk to you about." Youngjae got out of his seat and got a piece of paper from the back of his pockets. He handed me the folded paper and told me to read it. When I started readign it, it was for an audition for JYP Entertainment. "I've been thinking about it since freshmen year." I looked at his eyes and saw happiness and determination. But something left me curious. "What about college?" He shrugged. "I'll probably be a part time student if I get accepted. If no luck with JYP or any other company, I'll enroll full time." I looked back at the JYP audition date and it was set for next Saturday. "So? Will you come and support me?" To be honest, I was nervous. Not because I was doubting his talent, my angel has a beautiful voice. But the long trainee hours and intense scheduales had me worried. But Youngjae is smart and if he is willing to work hard to sing his music, then I will support him no matter what. "Yes, I'll go with you. Besides, I'll probably get a chance to see the 2PM oppas." I smiled while Youngjae stuck his tongue out. "Hey! The least I should get is a chance to see Miss A." I puffed my cheeks while Youngjae smiled in victory.

Day of Audition~

Youngjae woke me up bright and early just so he won't have to wait in a long line. When we got there, there were at least 200 people. "Are you nervous," I asked. "No...I'm alright." I looked at Youngjae and it looked like he was about to bite his nails. "Yah! Quit being nervous!" I took his hand and wrapped both my hands with his and looked him in the eyes. "Yoo Youngjae. You are a talented singer. You have no reason to be this nervous. If they don't accept you, then fate is telling you that it is not meant to be. Now, when they call you, you go in there with confidence and show them the Yoo Youngjae I knwo and love!" Youngjae tightened his grip on my hands and smiled at me. "How was I even lucky to have you as a friend?" I chuckled. "Easy. You decided to befriend me." "Yoo Youngjae," a woman announced his name. "Well, that's me." Youngjae got up and walked towards the door. Before he could enter, he looked at me with nervous eyes. "Fighting," I shouted in encouragement. One last smile and he entered the door. Not even a minute and I was taping on my knees, worried for him. Soon, I heard him sing and the fluttery feeling in my heart returned. He always had this effect on me whenever he sings. He stopped singing and I got nervous again. Youngjae later appeared in front of me. "Hey, so how was it," I asked. He shrugged. "They seemed impressed. I won't know for two weeks." I just nodded. "Wanna go get coffee? I can leave now."

Coffee Shop

Both Youngjae and I got the same latte. "So Lina, did you offficially decided on which college to apply?" I finished on my sip before I answered. "Yeah. With my grades and test scores, the counselor believes that I have a good chance for NYU. I Just got to finish up junior year before I apply." "Are you nervous? New York is a completely different place." I thinned out my lips contemplating on my next answer. "Just a little bit. But I know a god amount of English and I like learning new cultures so I'm ok. There is one thing that is bothering me though." Youngjae looked up from his drink, awaiting my answer. "I will never have a best firend as talented and wonderful as you." I smiled and already I felt my eyes water a little. The thought of senior year and graduation scares me a little. Youngjae smiled and grabbed a napkin to wipe a couple of tears that fell. "Lina, I'll miss you too. I'll be selfish if I told you to not apply to NYU and apply to University of Seoul. If you study what you love at New York, then I'm happy."

Friends. I have so much love for you Youngjae that being friends with you is not enough. I cannot express how I love you being considerate and hard working. May the future hold a beautiful career for the both of us.

 

A/N

Yay! New chapter! To my readers, thank you for being so patient.

To be honest I was lazy for the past month and a half. Then I had to finish my Summer assignments for senior year. And now I have to concentrate on my college essays T.T

OK! No more excuses! The next 2 chapters are still being planned out so more than likely this story should be finished my next week!

Please comment thoughts and opinions and subscribe to this story! Thank you!